andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
Just now, WickedWorld said:

Hi, I got a question about what documents I need to Apostille besides the birth certificate. And if I need to legalize them first and the do the apostille.

Thanks

Yes. First legalize and then apostille

Timeline
11 minutes ago, WickedWorld said:

Any other documents I need to take to the States with apostille?

Divorce decree or children BC if apply

Timeline
1 hour ago, WickedWorld said:

Hi, I got a question about what documents I need to Apostille besides the birth certificate. And if I need to legalize them first and the do the apostille.

Thanks

I legalized my birth certificate then apostille and at the end I translated it with a certified translator. If you have your high school degree or any master/bachelor or title from any career. Not for your visa paperwork, but for later use once you will be able to work in the US. Hope this helps you.

Timeline
1 hour ago, andreaam said:

Hey everyone! We got our interview today. It was at 14:10. We arrived there by 14:05 and at 14:30 we were outside the building already. 
I read a lot of reviews for the Manhattan office the past month so I kind of know what it was going to be about. 
For those living in NYC, I was amazed the interview was in Manhattan because we live in Queens. Well apparently they merged all the USCIS offices in one building and they are all separated in different floors. That’s why all the interview letters are sending everyone to 26 Federal Plaza. 
The interview was really simple, as soon as we came in she asked for bonafide marriage proof (photos, lease, bank account bla bla etc etc) and our identifications passports, ID, SSN and BC. We gave her everything but she only checked my passport and my husband BC and that was it. Didn’t check any of the photos or paperwork. 
She asked a couple of simple questions like DOB and when we got married and then moved to all the ‘NO’ questions. I was asked to signed the paper and then she put all the paperwork on a folder. 
She said she needed to review the new information added to the case and that I should get an update in the next days. 
So we weren’t approved technically on the spot, but from the reviews from this specifically office I read, they don’t approve you in the interview and they always say the need to give one last review. (Really?! After all the reviews that were made already?! 😂). 
Also there was no one in the building, I guess from all of this COVID-19

Thanks so much for your review! Also Congratulations if they asked you few questions that should mean something positive. What does DOB means?. Did the interviewer asked you all questions or your husband also had to answer? By any chance have you seen any notice on the building regarding the COVID-19? And last question, where you able to get into the building with your phone? 

You are done!! Wish you the best and hey I'm next the 30th ☺

Timeline

@andreaam I'm checking all the documents I have with the checklist notice for the interview. I have a doubt and I hope you can help me out, or any other that already did the AOS Interview. 

The notice says and I quote "A completed affidavit(s) of support with all requested evidence for each of your sponsors (unless already submitted)" [...] we did already sent affidavits of support when we filed the AOS paperwork, this means we don't have to do a new affidavit of support or take any paperwork regarding this matter? What did you guys do? 

I'm struggling with this one

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
9 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Yes, you literally do.  It is not sketchy.  The official USCIS website even says that just having one sentence written up stating you are both fluent in Spanish and English to translate the documen will be sufficient, so this is taken from them.  No need to notarize it or anything.  However, DO make sure you translate it all (birth certificate, apostille, and legalization).  Additionally, @andreaam did it this way along with others and we did ours professionally such as @andyazcu yet both Andrea and I (who did it completely differently) got RFEs for birth certificate.  So, it is your personal decision how you will go about it, but nothing about the USCIS process will be a definite and you can get RFEs on anything and everything, even when you do things perfectly (as most of us have done in this thread).

The best of luck and let us know!

Thank you for the detailed and reassuring response! So glad to have this community to help us through this complicated process. Congrats @andreaam on the interview!!!

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

Thanks so much for your review! Also Congratulations if they asked you few questions that should mean something positive. What does DOB means?. Did the interviewer asked you all questions or your husband also had to answer? By any chance have you seen any notice on the building regarding the COVID-19? And last question, where you able to get into the building with your phone? 

You are done!! Wish you the best and hey I'm next the 30th ☺

DOB date of birth

They asked my DOB to my husband and that was it. 
We prepared another affidavit of support because my husband got a raised. They didn’t ask for it though. 
regarding COVID, they asked you if you traveled outside of the country in the last 14 days. 
We were able to bring our phones but there are signs in the building saying to turn them off. 

Timeline

Does anybody have some advice in regards flying from Argentina into the US with the current covid19 situation? My wife arrived there in March 3 and is suppose to come back April 10. As far as I understand Argentina has only banned travel coming from the US and not the other way. 

I'll be calling AA tomorrow and see what they say about coming back into the country. I was just wanting to know if you guys have any advice or have read more about the situation in South America 

Thanks!

Timeline
8 hours ago, Javier Mera said:

Does anybody have some advice in regards flying from Argentina into the US with the current covid19 situation? My wife arrived there in March 3 and is suppose to come back April 10. As far as I understand Argentina has only banned travel coming from the US and not the other way. 

I'll be calling AA tomorrow and see what they say about coming back into the country. I was just wanting to know if you guys have any advice or have read more about the situation in South America 

Thanks!

You should call the airline. They can start closing airports everywhere. My brother is here and he was planning on coming back on the 25th but he spent all night calling Copa Airlines to change the flight but all lines were busy. 
Maybe she will be okay by april 10, but you never know. Better to ask. 

Edited by andreaam

9 hours ago, Javier Mera said:

Thanks!

As Andrea said, I would call the airline.  Also, since there are cases in Argentina, according to protocols here in the USA, she may have to go through some scanning/evaluation when she does come in (maybe even quarantine?), so better do your research.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline
13 hours ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

I legalized my birth certificate then apostille and at the end I translated it with a certified translator. If you have your high school degree or any master/bachelor or title from any career. Not for your visa paperwork, but for later use once you will be able to work in the US. Hope this helps you.

@Fer SchvarztmanCan those be apostilled by a family member in Buenos Aires after I'm in the States? I got my visa already. But with all the people freaking out with coronavirus, they have cancelled all the appointments for legallizing and apostill documents till May.🤦‍♀️

3 minutes ago, Jonnat said:

@Fer SchvarztmanCan those be apostilled by a family member in Buenos Aires after I'm in the States? I got my visa already. But with all the people freaking out with coronavirus, they have cancelled all the appointments for legallizing and apostill documents till May.🤦‍♀️

Yes, a family member can legalize and apostille.  They just need to mail it to you.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.