andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 hours ago, KBCN said:

@andreaam That's so awesome! So happy for you!!! Thank you so much for keeping us posted and helping us along the way during our own journeys 🤗

We are still waiting to hear an update after sending back our RFE for the Acta. It's been almost at a month since we sent in our response. With all that is going on and the more pressing matters like interviews getting rescheduled, etc. I'm sure we might be waiting a little longer at this point, but staying hopeful that we might hear something before March is over! 

Hope everyone is doing well! 

Thank you!!

Hang on in there! It took me 3 months to get an update but then everything went by smoothly. We are living hard times but we will get over it!

Timeline
5 hours ago, andreaam said:

Green card on hand guys!
It took 5 business days since the ‘New Card Being Produced’ update

CONGRATULATIONS! You've done it! 👏

Over here, I received an update last week. A note of action stating that they added the fingerprints and biometrics they took for my EAD to my AP. Not sure what it means but still processing and a sign it's moving, so I'm okey with it. Did you guys received anything like that while you were waiting?

I hope you all are doing good. We don't have many cases here but my husband has to keep on working so we're trying to be as cautious as we can. Stay safe and positive! 

Edited by Fla&Mark

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Fla&Mark said:

CONGRATULATIONS! You've done it! 👏

Over here, I received an update last week. A note of action stating that they added the fingerprints and biometrics they took for my EAD to my AP. Not sure what it means but still processing and a sign it's moving, so I'm okey with it. Did you guys received anything like that while you were waiting?

I hope you all are doing good. We don't have many cases here but my husband has to keep on working so we're trying to be as cautious as we can. Stay safe and positive! 

@Fla&Mark That actually just happened to us. We didn't hear anything about our AP since we filed it back in November. Our EAD case updated same day with the fingerprint information after our biometric appointment on Dec. 9. And then on March 14, we got the notification that the AP updated with the fingerprint information from the biometric. We got a letter from USCIS in the mail last week that explained the update in more detail and that no action was needed at this time. 

I saw (*I think* @Fe.Ta ) mention that their AP file updated after they already received their EAD+AP combo card, so I was just under the impression someone was updating a bunch of AP cases or something since ours happened shortly after I saw them mention about theirs. Still waiting to hear something more on our AOS, EAD and AP at this point though since USCIS received our RFE for the Acta on Feb 27.

2 minutes ago, KBCN said:

@Fla&Mark That actually just happened to us. We didn't hear anything about our AP since we filed it back in November. Our EAD case updated same day with the fingerprint information after our biometric appointment on Dec. 9. And then on March 14, we got the notification that the AP updated with the fingerprint information from the biometric. We got a letter from USCIS in the mail last week that explained the update in more detail and that no action was needed at this time. 

I saw (*I think* @Fe.Ta ) mention that their AP file updated after they already received their EAD+AP combo card, so I was just under the impression someone was updating a bunch of AP cases or something since ours happened shortly after I saw them mention about theirs. Still waiting to hear something more on our AOS, EAD and AP at this point though since USCIS received our RFE for the Acta on Feb 27.

Hello!

Yes, we got combo card in hard February 29th and that following Monday/Tuesday the AP changed back to "fingerprints added to the case" (or whatever that status is) after having the status of "approved".  No need to owrry, if you have your combo card in hand, you are good! :)

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline

Congratulations @andreaam !! I'm so happy for you ☺🥳🥳!! Thanks so much for helping me and everyone here. The best is yet to come 😊😷

Timeline
On 3/23/2020 at 1:01 PM, andreaam said:

Hello guys! How are you all?? How are your feeling these days? 
Stay safe and healthy. I’m thinking and wishing for a good turnover for all of us. 
Keep me posted. 

Andrea 😃

All good. Finally working from home. Not too crazy over here yet hehe. My wife has started applying for jobs even though she doesn't have the translated stuff from Wes but what the hell, there's nothing to lose. How's new York these days? Last I read you guys are in mandatory quarantine possibly? 

Timeline
12 hours ago, andreaam said:

Green card on hand guys!
It took 5 business days since the ‘New Card Being Produced’ update

Que bueno! Muchas felicidades que se que fue dura la espera en tu caso. A respirar un poco ahora y relajar.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Javier Mera said:

All good. Finally working from home. Not too crazy over here yet hehe. My wife has started applying for jobs even though she doesn't have the translated stuff from Wes but what the hell, there's nothing to lose. How's new York these days? Last I read you guys are in mandatory quarantine possibly? 

Good for you! And good luck to her! I kind of stop looking and there’s not much job applications right now considering the situation. 
I don’t feel is mandatory like it is in Arg. I haven’t left the house in a week, but I still see people and kids hanging out in the street. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello everybody!

My case for EAD updated today to "New Card Is Being Produced". Not a good timing but I've been waiting six months for this, so I'm VERY happy.  Just wanted to let you know that it seems that USCIS is working back on our cases. 

Also, I don't want to miss the opportunity to thank once again to all of you for taking the time to read and help.

Stay safe! 

Timeline

Congrats @Fla&Mark!!! I know it's a hard time for everyone, but any news knowing that your case is moving forward is great news! One step closer!! 

Hope everyone is staying safe and doing well ❤️ 

We hope everyone is staying safe. So, one of the September 2019 filers we share another discussion post with got approved without interview, since theirs got cancelled. It seems this is proving my theory that some cases could get approved without interviews (as it used to be), which would help the bottleneck at USCIS.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Timeline

I found this post getting back to a subject we discussed some time ago about EAD. Maybe some of you already went trough it but I want to leave it here for anybody in the same situation that might have missed it:

There's a lot of insight, personal experience and information.

Hope is helpful!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello everyone! Just wanted to join the thread because hopefully we’ll be filing for AOS this week after all the hard work this took (especially form I-944 🥵). I’ll share my experience after filing!

Just now, florifama said:

Hello everyone! Just wanted to join the thread because hopefully we’ll be filing for AOS this week after all the hard work this took (especially form I-944 🥵). I’ll share my experience after filing!

Good luck! Keep us posted.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.