andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
18 hours ago, Jonnat said:

Hola! So I just made it to the States with my k1!!! Im so happy after all those restrictions and the pandemic.

We are getting married in july 10. Any advice??? 

Thanks!!

Welcome! I’m glad you made it!

What did you do to be able to leave Argentina?

Probably you already know this, but depending on the state you need to have SSN in order to get a marriage license. That would be my advice, to check you have everything before getting marry. If you have time, start gathering the documents for AOS
getting married is the easiest thing to do in this whole process haha

Timeline
20 hours ago, andreaam said:

Welcome! I’m glad you made it!

What did you do to be able to leave Argentina?

Probably you already know this, but depending on the state you need to have SSN in order to get a marriage license. That would be my advice, to check you have everything before getting marry. If you have time, start gathering the documents for AOS
getting married is the easiest thing to do in this whole process haha

Thanks for the advice!

In orden to leave Argentina I asked migraciones what I needed and they just said I needed my passport and valid visa. And they told me to check the airlines and special flights because borders are closed. So the only available option if you are in Argentina now and need to leave,  is to fly with eastern airlines to Miami. It's the only airline flying  with no restrictions about passengers. The other one that goes to miami is aerolineas Argentinas. But they only take american citizens or permanent residents. When you get to ezeiza airport,  at migraciones they make you sign a "declaración jurada",  saying that you are leaving the country because you want to, and borders are closed, meaning if you want to come Back to Argentina they don't know when they are going to let you back in.

I would like to start a discussion on here regarding renewals for EAD and AP.  For the unfortunate people like us that are still waiting on GC or interview, while facing furloughs and possible endless amounts of years in waiting, we may need to do renewals for EAD and AP if we don’t hear about the GC on time.  Please know the following:

You can apply for the EAD and AP renewals WITHOUT paying the fees again.  Since you are renewing because you are waiting on AOS and the GC, we fall in a category that allows us to renew without the fees.

The forms are the same as the most updated forms on the website you would use for the original application, just look for where you can note that it is a “renewal” and not a new application.

You must include the receipt notice of your AOS (I am probably going to include any NOA up to “ready to be scheduled for an interview”) along with whatever else is on there.

You can start as early as 180 days before the expiration, which we are going to do since this is just going to get more and more delayed.

We don’t have all the details yet, but if anyone else is close and starts it before us, please share with the rest of us as we feel this is going to be the more common case for those of us waiting and the ones to follow.

Edited by Fe.Ta
Na

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Another AOS approved without an interview (after interview was cancelled).  Location:  Atlanta Type:  H1B  Person seems to have applied October 2019 and had the interview scheduled March 2020, then cancelled.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

I feel for you guys. Is so sad for everything that is happening! Keep your hopes up!

32 minutes ago, andreaam said:

I feel for you guys. Is so sad for everything that is happening! Keep your hopes up!

Thanks, but it is not looking good. If my husband becomes illegal, I doubt we would stay in the USA.  I would have gone to Argentina had I known it was going to be this messy.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
7 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Thanks, but it is not looking good. If my husband becomes illegal, I doubt we would stay in the USA.  I would have gone to Argentina had I known it was going to be this messy.

Guys this is way too bad!, I started my case in 2017 and arrived here last year because of the already ongoing delays... This is really frustrating, we did everything they asked for, paid all "not-cheap" fees, and costs of meeting in person trips in Mexico and Argentina, the sacrifice to be appart 3 years from the person I know since 2011, placing our relationship at risk. Now that we are finally together trying to build a life in NYC we will have to be appart again?

I really want to cry, it's so unfair, we are all doing the correct thing just to end up becoming illegal or being forced to leave the love of our lifes in order not to have an immigration issue with the US? 😖😫😭🥺

If I keep on adding pictures and proof to my case, I will need a wagon to carry everything to the interview 😅

I think the greencards that were approved with no interview was because they were health professionals to help fight covid19...I lost my hopes on this one. 

We must resist and find a lawyer because it'll get worse until the elections

Edited by Fer Schvarztman

46 minutes ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

Guys this is way too bad!, I started my case in 2017 and arrived here last year because of the already ongoing delays... This is really frustrating, we did everything they asked for, paid all "not-cheap" fees, and costs of meeting in person trips in Mexico and Argentina, the sacrifice to be appart 3 years from the person I know since 2011, placing our relationship at risk. Now that we are finally together trying to build a life in NYC we will have to be appart again?

I really want to cry, it's so unfair, we are all doing the correct thing just to end up becoming illegal or being forced to leave the love of our lifes in order not to have an immigration issue with the US? 😖😫😭🥺

If I keep on adding pictures and proof to my case, I will need a wagon to carry everything to the interview 😅

I think the greencards that were approved with no interview was because they were health professionals to help fight covid19...I lost my hopes on this one. 

We must resist and find a lawyer because it'll get worse until the elections

I asked for thoughts in another post because I want to be more educated.  Technically, those who came here are legal, even when the EAD/AP expire, because a pending application for GC shows you are legal to reside here while you wait for their decision. So, at least that is good news. Also, this is just a post/article on something happening between USCIS and Congress, so until something becomes official and a decision is made, we are good to keep our loved ones near. Do not leave the country. Also, finding a lawyer is a moot point, since nothing is official. We must be on the lookout on news and any official rulings.

As of now, as devastating as it is to think, we have a long haul and we may need to renew EAD/AP several times. But, no one needs to leave nor be separated from our loved ones.

The GC waivers are for different reasons, mainly workers and, yes, those that would be essential for the pandemic. However, we may still get lucky because of how the backlog is getting. It would be unrealistic to want an organization on the verge of laying off 13,000 workers because they don’t have money to require interviews on every single case. So, we still have 50/50. We don’t hold our breath for a waiver. We are prepared for an interview too. But, it would be nice if this could just be DONE.

Like you, we met 2011, started things 2018 and it is 2020 without a glimpse of a GC so we can breathe for 2 years.

Maybe we need to start an emotional support group. HA!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
12 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Maybe we need to start an emotional support group. HA!

Hahaha! Yes I think we need that too.

Thanks so much for your words, I was about to freak out. You are so right, we just have to be ready to whatever happens, and we will wait until this news have an official base to search for a lawyer. 

I also do feel you, I really hope everyone in this group is able to get their GC. 🤞🤞

Timeline

You guys are strong! You have a strong relationship and you have already been through hard times. You were separated because of the distance, you went through the Visa process. You have a lot of patience and I know how painful it is to wait but you have done it before and you will make it through this one. 
We are living really strange times but being with out love one is something to appreciate it and be grateful for everyday. 
The girl I told you guys about that got approved without interview, is not an essential worker. She is a electronic engineer. So you never know. 
I send all my good energy to you! Count me in for the emotional support group

Timeline

Thanks @andreaam for your support ❤, I also feel bad for the USCIS employees that will loose their jobs and the ones that are still working, trying to handle cases that obviously surpass the quantity of staff. 

I think we all need to be strong and also come up with some plan B,C,D, just in case things don't go the way we hope. Also I'm thinking to start my EAD renewal process because I have only 5 months before it expires and with the big delays, I don't want it to expire before getting another...also many people are doing the same thing so, I'm not very sure how to proceed with that.

Great news about that GC with no interview, @Fe.Ta is right, not all GC approvals with no interview were essential workers. So the 50% 50% chance rule is still in place. 🤞🤞

thanks everyone really for keep on sharing information and the support. 🥰

8 hours ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

Hahaha! Yes I think we need that too.

Thanks so much for your words, I was about to freak out. You are so right, we just have to be ready to whatever happens, and we will wait until this news have an official base to search for a lawyer. 

I also do feel you, I really hope everyone in this group is able to get their GC. 🤞🤞

You are so welcome.  I completely understand.  I myself was devastated, but I knew I needed to keep my cool for my husband and I needed to think logically before making any radical decisions.

7 hours ago, andreaam said:

You guys are strong! You have a strong relationship and you have already been through hard times. You were separated because of the distance, you went through the Visa process. You have a lot of patience and I know how painful it is to wait but you have done it before and you will make it through this one. 
We are living really strange times but being with out love one is something to appreciate it and be grateful for everyday. 
The girl I told you guys about that got approved without interview, is not an essential worker. She is a electronic engineer. So you never know. 
I send all my good energy to you! Count me in for the emotional support group

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement.  It means a lot :) 

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

6 hours ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

Thanks @andreaam for your support ❤, I also feel bad for the USCIS employees that will loose their jobs and the ones that are still working, trying to handle cases that obviously surpass the quantity of staff. 

I think we all need to be strong and also come up with some plan B,C,D, just in case things don't go the way we hope. Also I'm thinking to start my EAD renewal process because I have only 5 months before it expires and with the big delays, I don't want it to expire before getting another...also many people are doing the same thing so, I'm not very sure how to proceed with that.

Great news about that GC with no interview, @Fe.Ta is right, not all GC approvals with no interview were essential workers. So the 50% 50% chance rule is still in place. 🤞🤞

thanks everyone really for keep on sharing information and the support. 🥰

I agreed.  So much uncertainty.  Yes, B,C,D, and F plans are always good to have.  But, we also need to wait it out.  My husband and I are just taking it one day at a time.  Otherwise, we drive ourselves crazy.

As far as the renewal, there is an automatic renewal of 180 days.  However, it seems you must still submit the application (or at least most people are submitting it anyways).  Better be safe than sorry.  You should start it now.  This is what I got from another VJer that just submitted theirs:

Remember:  YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY ANY FEES.

EAD/AP RENEWAL

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn-3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517
(I haven't looked into this address to see if it is the right one, but it appears it is.)

Packet for Renewal of Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization includes:

•  Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance for I-765
•  Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization
•  Copy of previously approved Employment Authorization Card (Front)
•  Copy of previously approved Employment Authorization Card (Back)
•  Copy of I-94
•  Copy of passport (biographical page)
•  Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate
•  Copy of I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt of filing I-485
•  Previously approved EAD/AP mailer information and approval notice
•  Two (2) Passport style photos
•  Copy of State ID (front/back)

This one is for AP

Packet for Form I-131 Application for Travel Document includes:

•  Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance for I-I31
•  Form I-131, Application for Travel Document
•  Copy of previously approved Advanced Parole Document (Front)
•  Copy of previously approved Advanced Parole Document (Back)
•  Copy of I-94
•  Copy of passport (biographical page)
•  Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate
•  Copy of I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt of filing I-485
•  Previously approved EAD/AP mailer information and approval notice
•  Two (2) Passport style photos
•  Copy of State ID (front/back)

Now, I am waiting on something else from another VJer that mentioned that your NOA on the renewal should have a category listed, but theirs didn't have one.  I am waiting to see how true that is, but I will keep you posted.

Let us know if you find anything else out.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fe.Ta said:

Now, I am waiting on something else from another VJer that mentioned that your NOA on the renewal should have a category listed, but theirs didn't have one.  I am waiting to see how true that is, but I will keep you posted.

Let us know if you find anything else out.

@Fe.Ta thanks for the info,  I will start to prepare everything ASAP, I'll let you know what I find out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.