andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

@andreaam @Fe.Ta Thanks for your replies. I was able to get in touch with AA after 1 hour of being transferred 3 times haha. Her flight is now this coming Sunday.

Note: Just when I thought waiting lists were over after getting the green card, now the waiting is transferred to airlines 😂

7 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

@andreaam @Fe.Ta Thanks for your replies. I was able to get in touch with AA after 1 hour of being transferred 3 times haha. Her flight is now this coming Sunday.

Note: Just when I thought waiting lists were over after getting the green card, now the waiting is transferred to airlines 😂

Also, please note, AA is still considering cancelling and stopping operations if all or individual airports close, so keep an eye out (I have a family member that works for AA at the headquarters).  FYI.  I will pray that everything is good and she is able to come without any issues.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Also, please note, AA is still considering cancelling and stopping operations if all or individual airports close, so keep an eye out (I have a family member that works for AA at the headquarters).  FYI.  I will pray that everything is good and she is able to come without any issues.

Thanks, yeah we are aware of that as well. Hopefully argentina keeps the ban starting on this monday so that she can fly out without problems on sunday. Fingers crossed.

Timeline

t@Jonnat I'm sorry to hear that and for my late response. yes you can have a family member do it for you. If it is only an apostille or legalization any family member can, if you need the acta de nacimiento, only parents can ask for a copy without a written authorization with your signature. Hope this helps you out

Timeline

Hello Everyone, I just wanted to know if you had any updates regarding Argentinians entering the States now, because of the Coronavirus restrictions?

I was planning on leaving as soon as possible, before everything gets worse,  but I don't know what to do. I don't know if they will allow me to enter the country? 

I will really appreciate any help.  Thank you! 

3 minutes ago, Jonnat said:

Hello Everyone, I just wanted to know if you had any updates regarding Argentinians entering the States now, because of the Coronavirus restrictions?

I was planning on leaving as soon as possible, before everything gets worse,  but I don't know what to do. I don't know if they will allow me to enter the country? 

I will really appreciate any help.  Thank you! 

@Javier Mera Could you please speak into this, since you are the one with the most recent scenario?  I didn't see anything as far as traveling in from Argentina what would happen.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fe.Ta said:

@Javier Mera Could you please speak into this, since you are the one with the most recent scenario?  I didn't see anything as far as traveling in from Argentina what would happen.

As far as I know the glorious president of Argentina announced the travel ban from several countries considered at high risk which includes the USA. If I were you I would call your airline right away and make the flight change as soon as possible. I don't know what the travel ban means in Argentina for US citizens/residents, but I would be very surprised if they didn't let you come back home. That said, If you are the temporary green card holder then I would make it back as soon as you can. You never know what could happen with airlines and airports in the coming days.

Our experience was with AA and I was able to change the flight at no cost for my wife (it's noted in their web site that they are waiving any change free due to the pandemic).

Hopefully this doesn't sound as alarming or chaotic, but in our case our main worry was that not only travel bans could happen but also the airports just not having flights out to the USA through argentina, chile, brazil or any other country. And then the fear of Trump just doing what ever with immigration in the future lol.

Edited by Javier Mera

Timeline
1 minute ago, Javier Mera said:

As far as I know the glorious president of Argentina announced the travel ban from several countries considered at high risk which includes the USA. If I were you would call your airline right away and make the flight change as soon as possible. I don't know what the travel ban means in Argentina for US citizens/residents, but I would be very surprised if they didn't let you come back home. Our experience was with AA and I was able to change the flight at no cost for my wife (it's noted in their web site that they are waiving any change free due to the pandemic). If you are the temporary green card holder then I would make it back as soon as you can. You never know what could happen with airlines and airports in the coming days.

Hopefully this doesn't sound as alarming or chaotic, but in our case our main worry was that not only travel bans could happen but also the airports just not having flights out to the USA through argentina, chile, brazil or any other country. And then the fear of Trump just doing what ever with immigration in the future lol.

@Javier Mera I don't have a plane ticket yet, I was given my k1 visa last week and When I was making all the arrangements for leaving Argentina this happened. So now I don't know what to do now. The president at the press conference said those who wanted to leave can do it, but I don't know if that applies for the States too. And If I could travel Are there  any restrictions for Argentinians entering the States, since I'm not married yet and hat's the intend of this visa. 😢

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jonnat said:

@Javier Mera I don't have a plane ticket yet, I was given my k1 visa last week and When I was making all the arrangements for leaving Argentina this happened. So now I don't know what to do now. The president at the press conference said those who wanted to leave can do it, but I don't know if that applies for the States too. And If I could travel Are there  any restrictions for Argentinians entering the States, since I'm not married yet and hat's the intend of this visa. 😢

Ah I see. Well as far as I see it you shouldn't have a problem entering the USA as long as you have a flight ticket. Because the travel ban to the USA that was imposed does not include Argentina, not yet at least. But this is just me guessing, nothing has been said by USA that they are restricting Argentinians from entering. Again the only issue that you might run into is the fact that airlines are not flying out of Argentina into the USA. If you can, try to get a ticket as soon as you can.

Worse case scenario, and I know it sounds easy to say, stay calm and I'm sure the governments will have to extend those k1 visas that were delayed due to the pandemic.

Timeline

@Jonnat I just checked American airlines to see if you could book a flight to Wisconsin for March 30th and there a re a few cheap flights. I'm guessing if they have them on their website then I see no reason why your fiancee couldn't fly. So maybe even if Argentina is not accepting flights from the US starting tomorrow, the flight could be done to brazil and then to the states. That's just my guess.

Good luck and keep us posted as to what happens.

Edited by Javier Mera

Timeline
41 minutes ago, andreaam said:

New Card being produced!!!!

I thought with all the pandemic it was going to take a while longer but only took 4 days/2 business days

@andreaamCongratulations! I'm very happy for you 🥳🥳

Now you can relax with immigration procedures and process for 2 years. Thanks for all the help and support you bring to the group ❤❤

Timeline
2 hours ago, andreaam said:

New Card being produced!!!!

I thought with all the pandemic it was going to take a while longer but only took 4 days/2 business days

Congrats!!!!!

Updates on my side and in case this helps anybody... I also got a RFE on my birth certificate which I have sent correctly in the first package. I sent the original packages on October and I received the RFE on November.

I followed the recommendations here and sent everything again with the apostille and the translation. I also sent as second evidence (support evidence) my "acta de nacimiento". I submitted all again a few fays after. My status online changed to "Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received". It still the same but since 60 days were through without any notice, you're available to call and make a request for update. (Thanks @andreaam!! ) They opened one and told me that most likely (and please, note this.. MOST LIKELY) if you were not contacted back it's because the information you provided is accurate and they keep on processing your case without updating your status online. This does not affect in any way your other cases (EAD and AP) and does not make your AOS case change its status. It's just to assure you that you're in the right path. Anyway I suggest to keep on checking that for the ones in the same situation and encourage you to open one in case that 60 days went through without any notice. 

Now, I have a question about EAD. I know that some of you already received your card. What's your approach? Are you going for your "dream job" right now or will you wait for your green card for that? . I've been asking around and some people told me that in some cases, companies will not take you in important job roles because of your "temporary" permission to work and because they cannot be sure that you will be granted with your green card to be available to keep on working in the future.

I don't know if this is entirely true, if this happens often, or if this is for my particular field (IT). Does anybody have any thought, information or experience to share about this?

As always, thanks! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.