2,108 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, vivfran said:

Hello!!! EAD being produced today!! Just checked and says card is in production!!! Finally!!!!! PD May 17 

Forgot to mention: no RFE, not expedited, biometrics 9/11

Edited by vivfran

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello All, 

Our greencard appointment is 10/28/2019. I know I am tempting fate by saying this, but we really want to leave the country on Nov 10 for a family vacation in Mexico. 

Assuming we are approved can they Stamp her passport in the office? I have heard that is an option to allow travel / re-entry. It seems like if you are approved the card is produced fairly quickly. But it would be great to get something in the office so we don't have to wait. Anyone ever hear of anything like this? Thanks!

I-485 status changed yesterday to Interview was Scheduled ! Detailed timeline in signature. Can't wait for the letter to arrive!!!

• 04/20/2018 - Got Married
  • 05/16/2019 - I130, I485, I765, I131 sent to Chicago Lock box
  • 05/20/2019 - Package delivered to Chicago Lock box
  • 05/27/2019 - Received text receipt for all 4 applications
  • 05/28/2019 - Check encash by USCIS
  • 05/31/2019 - Received all 4 Paper NOAs (I130 sent to my wife's address, the other 3 sent to my address: we're currently working in separate states)
  • 8/16/2019 - 1st Biometrics notice: only for I-485 scheduled for 9/6/2019 (no status change online)
  • 8/23/2019 - 2nd Biometrics notice: scheduled for 9/11/2019 this time for I-765 EAD (no status change online)
  • 9/6/2019 - Biometric Appointment - ASC completed both I-485 and I-765 on the same day (I took both letters)
  • 9/6/2019 - Online Status Change: Case is ready to be scheduled for interview (I-485)
  • 9/9/2019 - Online Status Change: Fingerprint review completed (both I-485 and I-765)
  • 10/8/2019 - Online Status Change: Interview was Scheduled
  • 10/15/2019 - I-485 interview notification letter received in mail
  • 11/01/2019 - Expedite requested online for I765 (no supporting doc provided)
  • 11/19/2019 - I485 Interview Day!
  • 11/19/2019 - New card Ordered for I - 485 (right after I-485 interview, originally told will get to know in a week)
  • 11/19/2019 - New Card Ordered for I-765 (They approved the expedite request)
  • 11/21/2019 - Case is Approved (I-485, I130, I131, I765)
  • 11/21/2019 - Card mailed to me for I-765
  • 11/22/2019 - Card Mailed to me for Green Card
  • 11/22/2019 - Card was picked up by USPS (included tracking no.) both GC and EAD
  • 11/25/2019 - EAD and Greencard both got delivered
  • 11/26/2019 - Approval letter received for all petitions

22 hours ago, Lizzady said:

My PD is May 28th, I received my receipts within a week of filing, my bio appointment notice less than 2 weeks. The actual Bio app date was June 28th, literally a month to the day of my PD. 

I have heard NOTHING since, not an update of any kind, not even that my prints were reviewed. Zilch. Zero.

My case still sits at "case received"-"finger print fee received"...I'm at 133 days...no EAD/AP/RFE (yet), or interview scheduled. 

So, I wouldn't worry about you Bio being delayed. I've actually seen a lot of people with a delayed BIO actually getting EAD approval, or an interview shortly after the delayed BIO app... Where as my bio was done within a month of filing and I've got nothing.

I know how frustrating it is and it’s just making you anxious. Keep praying and extend your patience. We are kinda in the same boat specific to timelines and there were days when I felt crazy. I’m just letting you know that you are not alone, and we will get through this. My pd is May 28th on I-130 and May 30th on I-485. 

Best of luck!

Timeline
On 10/8/2019 at 4:25 PM, Lizzady said:

My PD is May 28th, I received my receipts within a week of filing, my bio appointment notice less than 2 weeks. The actual Bio app date was June 28th, literally a month to the day of my PD. 

I have heard NOTHING since, not an update of any kind, not even that my prints were reviewed. Zilch. Zero.

My case still sits at "case received"-"finger print fee received"...I'm at 133 days...no EAD/AP/RFE (yet), or interview scheduled. 

So, I wouldn't worry about you Bio being delayed. I've actually seen a lot of people with a delayed BIO actually getting EAD approval, or an interview shortly after the delayed BIO app... Where as my bio was done within a month of filing and I've got nothing.

We're in the same boat as you.  Waiting on an Interview and USCIS has only updated our I-485 Case Online, our I-130, I-765, and I-131 all still state "Receipt has been Sent" or whatever.  When my wife got her Biometrics done in June, they said they'd use them for all the forms.

I believe once you hit 6.5 months of your filing date, you can request a Case Inquiry for EAD/AP because that is their processing time for those documents. (4.5 - 6.5 months).  Right around the 4.5 month mark is when we received a RFE ONLY on the I-485, we responded quickly, USCIS updated to acknowledge the RFE Response "Review" Online and now we're back in limbo for ANYTHING.

I also spoke to the DHS Ombudsman Office just to get a familiarization.  Don't know if anything has any experience with them, but they are an internal mechanism to ensure that USCIS is being held responsible to their timelines and/or correct their mistakes.

Where are you filing out of?

Edited by DWolf

Timeline
8 hours ago, MarioM said:

Hello All, 

Our greencard appointment is 10/28/2019. I know I am tempting fate by saying this, but we really want to leave the country on Nov 10 for a family vacation in Mexico. 

Assuming we are approved can they Stamp her passport in the office? I have heard that is an option to allow travel / re-entry. It seems like if you are approved the card is produced fairly quickly. But it would be great to get something in the office so we don't have to wait. Anyone ever hear of anything like this? Thanks!

I've heard varying cases where it can take up to a month to get your physical Green Card.  It might be best to contact USCIS and speak to an IO to see if there's an option to get a stamp at a local office through an InfoPASS meeting.  If a stamp exists...

I wouldn't tempt fate unless you get something official.  You'll get held up in secondary and USG systems are sometimes "slow" and not inter-connected as you might think they are.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

So I have an account at my.uscis.gov where I added my receipt numbers and track my case but I’ve noticed that this and the online case status at egov.uscis.gov show different statuses. Is this normal? My case shows that it’s ready to be scheduled for an interview as of October 9th but my uscis account shows case in process 🤔

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, NatalieM said:

So I have an account at my.uscis.gov where I added my receipt numbers and track my case but I’ve noticed that this and the online case status at egov.uscis.gov show different statuses. Is this normal? My case shows that it’s ready to be scheduled for an interview as of October 9th but my uscis account shows case in process 🤔

Certainly not abnormal.   They are not always in sync 

YMMV

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Valmabe said:

Hello again,

Quick question, if I did biometrics in Philadelphia, my interview will be also held in Philadelphia? Thanks.

Possibly.   Local office lookup via zip code is available on the USCIS website 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

Possibly.   Local office lookup via zip code is available on the USCIS website 

Thanks. I know, we are between Philadelphia and Pittsburg. Asking because, I wondered if it might change. Thanks again.

®️

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Valmabe said:

Thanks. I know, we are between Philadelphia and Pittsburg. Asking because, I wondered if it might change. Thanks again.

It is possible to be reassigned to a different local office as a result of the USCIS  announced plan to reduce the backlog on overloaded offices as well

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Valmabe said:

I’m not in Philadelphia but in the same position as you, i’m in between 2 offices too. I got sent to Atlanta for biometrics and going to Nashville for interview. It all a guessing game until that letter comes 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Loo1 said:

I’m not in Philadelphia but in the same position as you, i’m in between 2 offices too. I got sent to Atlanta for biometrics and going to Nashville for interview. It all a guessing game until that letter comes 

Holly cow, I did not expect that. Actually we are between 3: 2 hrs. from Philadelphia, Pittsburg and New York, so either will be great. Our status changed tuesday 8th., expecting the letter next week, the latest. Any idea on how long it might take?

®️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.