12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

For those of you who have been following my Visa Journey, keeping me in your prayers, & offering me words of encouragement; I just want to say THANK YOU. Especially the Haitian K1 Visa thread. I finally got the chance to see this wonderful update this morning:301F40F6-B783-455C-B113-861AA81F60CA.jpeg.e38f3fcaa938ee55b2ed3c7cdfecbcd4.jpeg

My struggles with my visa journey are available to you in my previous posts on my page, but I would like to update everyone on how it concluded to issued. 

After following up with my congressperson around mid March to make a 2nd congressional inquiry, the embassy responded in 2 days and informed the congress to tell my fiancé to complete a new medical. The embassy let us know that they will be sending him another 221g along with his passport in order to complete the new medical and for him to send everything back through DHL when completed. This was on March 20th, it took my fiancé about a week and a half to complete his medical and send everything in. Embassy received it on April 2nd and updated my case on the 2nd, the 11th and the 18th is when my visa case status finally went from immigrant visa to non-immigrant visa. This morning it changed to issued. I am

so grateful and crying tears of joy because I finally get to be reunited with my loved one and this part of my visajourney is finally done! Now to worry about POE and AOS! At least my fiancé and I can do that together. Here is an quick recap of my time line;

9/19/2018- Interview went well but placed on AP due to embassy wanting to verify/confirm divorce info. I sent email asking them what do they need, if anything. 

9/20/2018- Embassy replied to my email asking for “submit confirmation of divorce to the national archives”. Didn’t really know what this meant since we provided them with our national archive divorce forms already, but we gathered the judgement of divorce and the newspaper announcement (customary of Haiti) of his divorce from his divorce lawyer since that’s all we have left to possibly give them to confirm the divorce.

10/9/2018- Additional divorce documents & passport sent through DHL

10/11/2018- Embassy received docs/passport. 

11/5/2018- my case had updated about 4-5 times in between these dates. 2 of the updates due to emails I sent the embassy and them responding. The date of the 5th is the last time the embassy ever updated my case up until I reached out to my congressman a month later.

12/5/2018- reached out to my congressman and they made a congressional inquiry.

01/04/2019 (Took a whole month!)- Embassy replies to congressional inquiry stating case documents are under review & due to security situations in Haiti they can’t give an estimated date of completion. Congressman tells me to follow up on or around March 20th. 60 more days! 😩

03/18/2019- Followed up with congressional inquiry

03/20/2019- embassy replies asking for new medical 

04/02/2019- new medical received by embassy 

04/18/2019- Visa status went from immigrant to non immigrant with new case creation date

04/22/2019- Visa Issued!

It took me 7 months in AP from interview date to finally receive my visa. 

I started this visa journey 2 years ago on December 29th, 2017 when I sent my K1 packet in to USCIS. I know we have a long way to go still but I’m so happy we’ve finally concluded this part of my journey. Thank you lord! 👏🏿🙏🏿🤗

2 minutes ago, gsdc23 said:

For those of you who have been following my Visa Journey, keeping me in your prayers, & offering me words of encouragement; I just want to say THANK YOU. Especially the Haitian K1 Visa thread. I finally got the chance to see this wonderful update this morning:301F40F6-B783-455C-B113-861AA81F60CA.jpeg.e38f3fcaa938ee55b2ed3c7cdfecbcd4.jpeg

imageproxy.php?img=&key=ea9668e88603f7d4My struggles with my visa journey are available to you in my previous posts on my page, but I would like to update everyone on how it concluded to issued. 

After following up with my congressperson around mid March to make a 2nd congressional inquiry, the embassy responded in 2 days and informed the congress to tell my fiancé to complete a new medical. The embassy let us know that they will be sending him another 221g along with his passport in order to complete the new medical and for him to send everything back through DHL when completed. This was on March 20th, it took my fiancé about a week and a half to complete his medical and send everything in. Embassy received it on April 2nd and updated my case on the 2nd, the 11th and the 18th is when my visa case status finally went from immigrant visa to non-immigrant visa. This morning it changed to issued. I am

so grateful and crying tears of joy because I finally get to be reunited with my loved one and this part of my visajourney is finally done! Now to worry about POE and AOS! At least my fiancé and I can do that together. Here is an quick recap of my time line;

9/19/2018- Interview went well but placed on AP due to embassy wanting to verify/confirm divorce info. I sent email asking them what do they need, if anything. 

9/20/2018- Embassy replied to my email asking for “submit confirmation of divorce to the national archives”. Didn’t really know what this meant since we provided them with our national archive divorce forms already, but we gathered the judgement of divorce and the newspaper announcement (customary of Haiti) of his divorce from his divorce lawyer since that’s all we have left to possibly give them to confirm the divorce.

11/5/2018- my case had updated about 4-5 times in between these dates. 2 of the updates due to emails I sent the embassy and them responding. The date of the 5th is the last time the embassy ever updated my case up until I reached out to my congressman a month later.

01/04/2019 (Took a whole month!)- Embassy replies to congressional inquiry stating case documents are under review & due to security situations in Haiti they can’t give an estimated date of completion. Congressman tells me to follow up on or around March 20th. 60 more days! 😩

04/18/2019- Visa status went from immigrant to non immigrant with new case creation date

04/22/2019- Visa Issued!

I started this visa journey 2 years ago on December 29th, 2017 when I sent my K1 packet in to USCIS. I know we have a long way to go still but I’m so happy we’ve finally concluded this part of my journey. Thank you lord! 👏🏿🙏🏿🤗

Congratulations and good luck with the rest of the journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
15 minutes ago, gsdc23 said:

congrats. Wish you the best going forward. Hopefully, everything else, goes smoothly going forward.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
57 minutes ago, gsdc23 said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=ea9668e88603f7d4My struggles with my visa journey are available to you in my previous posts on my page, but I would like to update everyone on how it concluded to issued. 

04/22/2019- Visa Issued!

Congrats!  So very happy for you.  My best wishes for a great life together.  Many blessings.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Congratulations! The hardest part is over! 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2019 at 9:27 AM, gsdc23 said:

04/22/2019- Visa Issued!

Congratulations!

On 4/22/2019 at 12:27 PM, gsdc23 said:

Congratulations.  From here on out it's a lot easier. Good luck and safe travels.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.