verdandi

Visiting american boyfriend

31 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, ElDiablo said:

I never understand people who call someone they have never met their boyfriend or girlfriend. How on earth can you commit your future to somebody you have never physically seen. Crazy.

I know it's crazy, I'm not the only person in the world in this situation though and you understanding it or not is not my main issue here, you don't even know how it's like to judge hahahaha But know I don't know if he is just my friend because of your opinion about it and that's what I should tell in the interview or it would be  ""just a friend" play" as someone said before. 

Edited by verdandi

16 minutes ago, verdandi said:

I know it's crazy, I'm not the only person in the world in this situation though and you understanding it or not is not my main issue here, you don't even know how it's like to judge hahahaha But know I don't know if he is just my friend because of your opinion about it and that's what I should tell in the interview or it would be  ""just a friend" play" as someone said before. 

Please read this quote (link here) for just a moment. No one here is judging anyone. The person's post simply commented along the lines of stretching imagination with calling someone never met as being included in a bf-gf type relationship. 

Anyhoos, as being repeated the umpteenth time, you apply with the facts and go from there. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You get one or not, of not he presumably visits you or you meet somewhere else.

The person interviewing you has heard it all, seen it all.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 hours ago, ElDiablo said:

I never understand people who call someone they have never met their boyfriend or girlfriend. How on earth can you commit your future to somebody you have never physically seen. Crazy.

She’s not “committing her future” by coming to yes, actually meet him, on a visit. That hardly sounds crazy to me, it sounds like the next logical step to see where it may go IRL.  Very many VJ members seem to have met their current spouses online too. I’m sure if you spend enough time browsing the forums you can find them.

35 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

She’s not “committing her future” by coming to yes, actually meet him, on a visit. That hardly sounds crazy to me, it sounds like the next logical step to see where it may go IRL.  Very many VJ members seem to have met their current spouses online too. I’m sure if you spend enough time browsing the forums you can find them.

The quoted member's first sentence about the oddity of calling someone a bf/gf without having met appears plausible

I-751 journey

48 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

The quoted member's first sentence about the oddity of calling someone a bf/gf without having met appears plausible

Sure, and how many people on VJ have to be told they actually have to meet their fiances in real life before they can sponsor a k1? I don’t get it either but many people do, and get much more serious than this before meeting.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Sure, and how many people on VJ have to be told they actually have to meet their fiances in real life before they can sponsor a k1? I don’t get it either but many people do, and get much more serious than this before meeting.

For many physically being in same house doesn't much nature of relationship. Still use WhatsApp to talk to each regardless if you are half a word away from each other or in  a different room. This is not last century where one had to rely on postal mail and ink filled pens for long distance romance. The lines are very blurred and will come more blurred if VR/AR will become more affordable and accessible. 

This may or may not be helpful as I come from a VWP country and thus travel on an ESTA, but... When I entered the US for the first time to meet my then boyfriend who I hadn't met before. I told them I was there to meet someone I had been talking to online. I didn't categorise him as boyfriend or friend, just a guy I was interested in who I had been chatting with, going to meet for the first time to see if we clicked in person. I had that conversation with a CBP officer, not a CO, but he was satisfied and I was allowed to enter. 

Best of luck to you! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
20 hours ago, ElDiablo said:

That is what a huge chunk of the people who come to the US does. They meet someone online and communicate with them for a long time before they met and get engaged and start their whole immigration journey. 

Do folks call each other gf-bf before having physically met first, in person, face to face

I-751 journey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, WeGuyGal said:

Do folks call each other gf-bf before having physically met first, in person, face to face

Hey BF!

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

12 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Hey BF!

I wouldn't, maybe OP could

I-751 journey

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
1 hour ago, WeGuyGal said:

Apparently, people do.  The OP is one.  Lots of other examples on VJ.  How often do we get, "Can I file for a K-1?  My boyfriend and I have only met online."

ok

I-751 journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.