25 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone! 

I recently just found out about this website and I'm actually really excited to peruse the site and see what kind of information I can find that will help me process my case. I did have a quick question that I couldn't see that's been asked (and if it has I'm SO sorry for double posting), but I'm looking for some help and, honestly, just a raw opinion of what you all think. So I am a 28 year old male residing in the United States of America who is currently engaged to his partner of nearly three years. He lives in in the UK and we are looking to be married sometime next year and have him immigrate to the states to be with me. 

So there's some background, as for my question I just can't seem to find a clear answer. I live in a place where we have a high volume of international people and he wouldn't be my first marriage. I have gone through the immigration process before and married back in 2014. We were together for a total of five years (dating and married) but in 2017, we couldn't keep it going on any longer and we filed for divorce. Our friends supplied affidavits and we processed it in accordance to the law. My question is will I experience a lot of trouble going through this again? Am I flagged to never be able to do something like this again? We are very much in love and both relationships have been true with zero intention of fraud or money; just both parties wanting to desperately be together. Since this is my second time going through with this should I be looking at an actual lawyer? I did it all myself, along with my ex, last time to get it processed and it seemed to go pretty smoothly. 

Basically I'm just asking if I'm allowed to marry a foreigner again and be able to have them immigrate to America with me. I realize I'll be looked at under a magnifying glass (as I should be), but I have nothing to hide and both of my relationships were as true as they could be, the previous one just didn't last like most millenial, young marriages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, orlandowithlove said:

Hello Everyone! 

I recently just found out about this website and I'm actually really excited to peruse the site and see what kind of information I can find that will help me process my case. I did have a quick question that I couldn't see that's been asked (and if it has I'm SO sorry for double posting), but I'm looking for some help and, honestly, just a raw opinion of what you all think. So I am a 28 year old male residing in the United States of America who is currently engaged to his partner of nearly three years. He lives in in the UK and we are looking to be married sometime next year and have him immigrate to the states to be with me. 

So there's some background, as for my question I just can't seem to find a clear answer. I live in a place where we have a high volume of international people and he wouldn't be my first marriage. I have gone through the immigration process before and married back in 2014. We were together for a total of five years (dating and married) but in 2017, we couldn't keep it going on any longer and we filed for divorce. Our friends supplied affidavits and we processed it in accordance to the law. My question is will I experience a lot of trouble going through this again? Am I flagged to never be able to do something like this again? We are very much in love and both relationships have been true with zero intention of fraud or money; just both parties wanting to desperately be together. Since this is my second time going through with this should I be looking at an actual lawyer? I did it all myself, along with my ex, last time to get it processed and it seemed to go pretty smoothly. 

Basically I'm just asking if I'm allowed to marry a foreigner again and be able to have them immigrate to America with me. I realize I'll be looked at under a magnifying glass (as I should be), but I have nothing to hide and both of my relationships were as true as they could be, the previous one just didn't last like most millenial, young marriages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

People have been through this process more than once,  you wouldn't be the first 

YMMV

8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

People have been through this process more than once,  you wouldn't be the first 

Honestly, this is literally all I'm after. I just don't want the government thinking I'm funneling in foreigners because I'm not! Just have unusual taste I guess, hahaha.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, orlandowithlove said:

Honestly, this is literally all I'm after. I just don't want the government thinking I'm funneling in foreigners because I'm not! Just have unusual taste I guess, hahaha.

People file many times honestly, you would not be the first. A few posters on here have asked about doing it a 3rd or 4th time haha. You just have to make sure on any future forms to fully disclose the previous petitions done and also obviously make sure your partner is fully aware of the previous marriage and all as they may get asked about it during an interview, just to know that you two truly are open and communicate you know.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

2 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

People file many times honestly, you would not be the first. A few posters on here have asked about doing it a 3rd or 4th time haha. You just have to make sure on any future forms to fully disclose the previous petitions done and also obviously make sure your partner is fully aware of the previous marriage and all as they may get asked about it during an interview, just to know that you two truly are open and communicate you know.

Wow! A third and a fourth time?! Then I should be good about applying for a simple second time. Yeah, I saw a post a few weeks ago on reddit of people saying to make sure your partner knows absolutely everything that happened between you and your first partner and believe me he knows everything. I have my divorce decree and I know everything that we applied for the first time around (with my ex) so as long as I'm detailed and meticulous about the application then I should be okay. Obviously I'm prepared to fix errors if they decide certain T's aren't crossed or I's aren't dotted, but I just wanted to make sure a giant red X wasn't stamped on my life to ever being able to do this again. Thank you guys so much! 

1 minute ago, EmilyW said:

Oh man, I know who is going to be in here soon espousing the benefits of multiple spouses... just saying.

OP: you're fine and good luck.

Oh, yikes, what's this mean?

And bless, literally all this made me so happy. I was so nervous waiting to read "NOPE ONE AND DONE." Thank you all! 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, orlandowithlove said:

Oh, yikes, what's this mean?

And bless, literally all this made me so happy. I was so nervous waiting to read "NOPE ONE AND DONE." Thank you all! 

There are a few members here, who... are very blunt with their opinions, doesn't mean they are being negative, but a lot of people get upset with their comments. 

Just don't take anyone on here who gives "personal" opinions, don't let it affect you.

If this was your 3rd or 4th time I'd tell you "Stop, give up, stay local " lol

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

I just read "shop local" 🙈🙈

10 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

There are a few members here, who... are very blunt with their opinions, doesn't mean they are being negative, but a lot of people get upset with their comments. 

Just don't take anyone on here who gives "personal" opinions, don't let it affect you.

Yeah, I mean it's not like I was CHOOSE to be with someone that would make life so difficult but the heart wants what the heart wants! 

13 minutes ago, orlandowithlove said:

Yeah, I mean it's not like I was CHOOSE to be with someone that would make life so difficult but the heart wants what the heart wants! 

Yeah we know and honestly they are just ribbing you alittle bit but don't worry. @Chris Duffy might help soothe your fears over multiple filings since he has done it before, also @payxibka.

2 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Yeah we know and honestly they are just ribbing you alittle bit but don't worry. @Chris Duffy might help soothe your fears over multiple filings since he has done it before, also @payxibka.

I will gladly take any and all advice about this subject. :) 

2 minutes ago, orlandowithlove said:

I will gladly take any and all advice about this subject. :) 

What country was your first wife, and what country is your fiancé from?

Edited by Cyberfx1024

1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

What country was your first wife, and what country is your fiancé from?

I am gay so my first marriage was to another male (started dating in 2011 married in 2014 and divorced in 2017) and he lived in Australia. My fiancé is from the United Kingdom (England), just got back home from seeing him last week. :)

11 minutes ago, orlandowithlove said:

I am gay so my first marriage was to another male (started dating in 2011 married in 2014 and divorced in 2017) and he lived in Australia. My fiancé is from the United Kingdom (England), just got back home from seeing him last week. :)

I am sorry for assuming. But congratulations anyway😀  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.