Greenbaum

APRIL 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,295 posts in this topic

Just now, micmic0893 said:

Ohhhhh... We're the same.... Yes yes. Once I received mine, I will let you know. Please keep me posted as well and let me know too what the NVC said to you after you called them. Thank you! Thank you so much!!! 😘😍

Can I also ask please. Are you the beneficiary??? Thanks so much. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, micmic0893 said:

Can I also ask please. Are you the beneficiary??? Thanks so much. 

I will let you know for sure!! Yes I’m the beneficiary 🙂

Hi guys! Wondering on how to get a live person answer the call at NVC. Our NOA2 was dated April 30, so we may be assigned a case # already but we couldn't get through to NVC. Many thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
23 minutes ago, majamorena said:

Hi guys! Wondering on how to get a live person answer the call at NVC. Our NOA2 was dated April 30, so we may be assigned a case # already but we couldn't get through to NVC. Many thanks!

Check the very first page of this thread and you’ll have that question answered 👍🏾

2 hours ago, StephanieB said:

I will let you know for sure!! Yes I’m the beneficiary 🙂

Ohhh. Thanks so much. Please keep me posted. I was thinking to advise my fiance to call the NVC for any updates as my fiance who sponsored me and he is the only one allowed to call the NVC for any updates. That is why I the benificiary dont want to call the NVC for any update. Thanks for the idea that I can call NVC eventhough I am the beneficiary. 😊😊😘😘

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
16 minutes ago, micmic0893 said:

Ohhh. Thanks so much. Please keep me posted. I was thinking to advise my fiance to call the NVC for any updates as my fiance who sponsored me and he is the only one allowed to call the NVC for any updates. That is why I the benificiary dont want to call the NVC for any update. Thanks for the idea that I can call NVC eventhough I am the beneficiary. 😊😊😘😘

You can definitely call the NVC as the beneficiary. You just need the USCIS NOA2 receipt no. 

21 minutes ago, Gomast said:

You can definitely call the NVC as the beneficiary. You just need the USCIS NOA2 receipt no. 

Thank you! Thank you so much!!!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 3/29/2019 at 8:47 PM, Greenbaum said:

9. Tracking your case file that's in transit to your Embassy.

I am a little confused about this part.

We have received our case number through phone on Friday, and they said it hasn't been shipped yet. So based on the information in this thread, we expect it to be shipped on this Tuesday or Wednesday.

However, i don't know how i can receive the tracking number. Should we call NVC again? I am not sure writing EXP 15 MAY 2019A in the shipping reference field would help me at all... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
On 3/29/2019 at 10:47 PM, Greenbaum said:

9. Tracking your case file that's in transit to your Embassy. Go to http://www.dhl.com/en/express/tracking/shippers_reference.html on this page you add your search information. You change the day and month to what you think your package might have left NVC or call NVC to get the date your package had left NVC in route to your Embassy then go to the DHL website and enter the following information:

NOTE: It will take 24 hours before the shipment will show any results using this hack. DHL and NVC will need time to update their systems.

EXAMPLE:

* Shipper´s Reference : EXP 24 MAR 2011A  (This is the date you think it left NVC, just substitute the date and leave everything else as is)

* Date range for shipment - From: 23 - 03 - 2011

* Date range for shipment - To: 26 - 03 - 2011

Account Number - Leave this blank

Shipment Destination: Philippines (Works for any country Just replace your country where the Embassy is located using the drop down box).

Sign up for SMS tracking alerts on the DHL website.   Once you find your waybill, check for the "sign up for shipment notifications". When there are any changes to the shipment you will get a SMS message to your phone. How awesome is that!

You just need to ask NVC when did your case left the NVC

The tracking number is not unique to your case. It tracks all the cases that left the NVC on a given date. Of you know that date, you can track it. 

Edited by Gomast

2 hours ago, BiAdam said:

I am a little confused about this part.

We have received our case number through phone on Friday, and they said it hasn't been shipped yet. So based on the information in this thread, we expect it to be shipped on this Tuesday or Wednesday.

However, i don't know how i can receive the tracking number. Should we call NVC again? I am not sure writing EXP 15 MAY 2019A in the shipping reference field would help me at all... 

I don't want to blow smoke up your dress but there is a rather good possibility that your case file may not leave tomorrow (Tuesday 5/14). Reason being is that what we think happens (it's been this way for the past 6 months) is that the Wednesday before the week of shipments would be the cut off date for the upcoming shipment. So I would say more then likely you will be on the next shipment 5/28. Best thing you can do now is watch ceac.state.gov and use "immigrant" and your case number to see the status of your case. See the last paragraph below.

Follow the directions for the DHL hack and increase your dates that you think the shipment left NVC and sometimes that gives you the same result as having the exact date of shipment. This is not something that is official it's just a HACK. Nothing more. It will only tell you if a shipment is heading to your embassy and by that you can compare your status on CEAC. If there is a shipment AND your status says "in transit" then there is a good possibility that one of those cases on that flight is yours. You can't call and get any information concerning the shipment from NVC so don't waste your time.

As a K1, when checking your case online at CEAC.state.gov you have to select "immigrant visa" as it is treated like as such even though it is a "non-immigrant visa".

Technically the K-1 is a non-immigrant visa but it is treated like an immigrant visa because of the AOS. It is kind of a ba$tard. Non-immigrant treated like an immigrant. Other non-immigrant visas do not usually end up with green cards!  The K-1 on its own is a single entry, short time limit visa that expires 90 days after POE. You are a non-immigrant (90 days limit) with immigrant intentions (GC). That is why it is a non-immigrant visa treated like an immigrant visa.

You have three stages 1) transit - shipment is in the air or soon will be, 2) received - physical case file is at the Embassy and 3) ready - your case is ready to schedule and complete your interview.  These will be your current state or status to your case file once you have received the case number.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Our case number was assigned 4/26 so we missed the last shipment and are hoping to be on the one this week. At the ceac website it still says "at NVC" though. Does the status need to change to get changed to "ready" in order to get shipped?

1 minute ago, Dani and Alex said:

Our case number was assigned 4/26 so we missed the last shipment and are hoping to be on the one this week. At the ceac website it still says "at NVC" though. Does the status need to change to get changed to "ready" in order to get shipped?

No it will not say "ready". While you are pending a shipment date it will say "at NVC".  Once your file is packaged for DHL You'll see your status change to 1) "in transit" - shipment is in the air or soon will be at the embassy, 2) "received" - physical case file is at the Embassy and 3) "ready" - your case is ready to schedule and complete your interview per your embassy instructions.  These everyone's current state or status to their case file once they have received the case number.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Greenbaum...   I reviewed the Apr 16 shipments to Brazil and noticed that there were 4 tracking numbers issued in that waybill.    Does each case receive its own tracking number or is each tracking number a box of cases?     In this shipment, it looks like there was a shipment error that caused a two week shipment duration.

Timeline

12/ I2/18 NOA1 - I129F

05/20/18 Consulate Received

07/16/19 Consulate Interview (We could have scheduled 6/11) 

10/31/19 POE - Dallas DFW

11/19/19 Social Security Card - Applied

12/20/19 Social Security Card - Received

12/31/19 Marriage 

01/02/20 Social Security Card - Changed Name

01/11/20 G1145, I485, I864, I131, i765 - FedEx - Sent

01/13/20 Texas DL - Passed Written Test and Received Driving Permit with Restrictions

01/15/20 Texas DL - Passed Driving Test and Received Temporary DL - Restrictions Removed

01/14/20 G1145, I485, I864, I131, I765 - Fed Ex - Delivered

01/17/20 NOA1 - I485, I131, I765 - Notice Date

01/21/20 Apply for Capital One Secured Credit Card to Establish Credit File to buy Auto

01/21/20 The 3 USCIS Text Received (7 Days Later)

01/22/20 Funds pulled from account by ACH Debit  $1225 (8 Days Later)

01/27/20 NOA1 - I485, I131, I765 - Received in the Mail

01/28/20 90 Day K1 Admittance and Driver License Expire

01/28/20 Renew DL - Use NOA1

01/15/2021  Status changed to Interview Scheduled

01/22/2021  Interview Noticed Received in the Mail

2/23/2021  Interview for the I485 and verbal Approval

2/24/2021  I485 Status changed:  New Card is being approved

2/26/2021  I485 Status changed:  Card Was Mailed To Me

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I don't want to blow smoke up your dress but there is a rather good possibility that your case file may not leave tomorrow (Tuesday 5/14). Reason being is that what we think happens (it's been this way for the past 6 months) is that the Wednesday before the week of shipments would be the cut off date for the upcoming shipment. So I would say more then likely you will be on the next shipment 5/28. Best thing you can do now is watch ceac.state.gov and use "immigrant" and your case number to see the status of your case. See the last paragraph below.

Follow the directions for the DHL hack and increase your dates that you think the shipment left NVC and sometimes that gives you the same result as having the exact date of shipment. This is not something that is official it's just a HACK. Nothing more. It will only tell you if a shipment is heading to your embassy and by that you can compare your status on CEAC. If there is a shipment AND your status says "in transit" then there is a good possibility that one of those cases on that flight is yours. You can't call and get any information concerning the shipment from NVC so don't waste your time.

As a K1, when checking your case online at CEAC.state.gov you have to select "immigrant visa" as it is treated like as such even though it is a "non-immigrant visa".

Technically the K-1 is a non-immigrant visa but it is treated like an immigrant visa because of the AOS. It is kind of a ba$tard. Non-immigrant treated like an immigrant. Other non-immigrant visas do not usually end up with green cards!  The K-1 on its own is a single entry, short time limit visa that expires 90 days after POE. You are a non-immigrant (90 days limit) with immigrant intentions (GC). That is why it is a non-immigrant visa treated like an immigrant visa.

You have three stages 1) transit - shipment is in the air or soon will be, 2) received - physical case file is at the Embassy and 3) ready - your case is ready to schedule and complete your interview.  These will be your current state or status to your case file once you have received the case number.

Thank you very much for the explanation. I thought the packages were sent every week :( 

I just checked, and it says "at nvc".

One more question: my case will be sent to germany. how long does the transit take in general for european countries? does anyone know?

Edited by BiAdam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hey guys ! 

I called and they received our file Friday Youhouuu ! 

Noa2 : 18/04

received by NVC : 10/05 

come on guys, my birthday is on June 2 so I hope we will have a case number and will make it for the shipment beginning of June 😇🥰 sending good vibes ! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.