59 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Haiti
Timeline
5 minutes ago, missileman said:

You might be surprised to see how many people ask if pregnancy will get them special consideration or faster processing......It will not.

So if I have kid with him isn’t a proof? I do not relay on the pregnancy so We have a lot of evidence and God will continue cause I suffered a lot .

An I-360 would not be denied solely due to tax return documents. Many individuals have gone through VAWA without them. Please review the denial letter closely when you get it. There is likely more than just tax returns listed as an issue.

Also, as another person noted, you can always retrieve your own tax returns form the IRS directly. Your former spouse cannot prevent you from doing so.

Pregnancy is not proof of a bona fide relationship. Raising a child together can be one piece of evidence, but be sure to include much more evidence and  not rely on that.

You can marry in the US and file for adjustment of status. That said, they will likely look very closely at your case. Be sure to present a very strong one.

I'm in no way accusing you here. But look at how it will appear to the IO - married and never field for AOS. Filed for VAWA once legal status via that path was no longer available, then was unable to substantiate that VAWA claim. Got pregnant, then married somebody else (hasn't happened yet, but is needed for AOS), and filed for AOS again. It is going to have the appearance that you are doing anything you can to stay in the US. You will need to overcome that hurdle.

Good luck.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

1 hour ago, Sheenane said:

With visa tourist my dad filed for me

There is no filing/sponsoring of a tourist visa for anyone else.  That's not how that works.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Always makes my eyes roll big time when some people think 'pregnancy' is deemed a 'good' proof of bona-fide evidence (no disrespect)! I feel like I've lost out with such 'bona-fide' evidence being in a same sex male marriage LOL.

But good luck OP! 

Edited by jakejon

1 hour ago, jakejon said:

I feel like I've lost out with such 'bona-fide' evidence being in a same sex male marriage LOL.

I feel the same way, as someone who is almost an empty-nester and who would not choose to procreate now even via the miracle of medical intervention, LOL.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I think OP should pursue filing AOS through new husband with lots of evidence of co-mingling. Baby mama situation in by itself, is not strong evidence of co-mingling.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

1. Nobody can get you a "Visitor visa", so your relative didn't do anything in that regards, you just came here with B2.
2. I'm certain wava was denied not for insufficient tax proof, but insufficient proof of abuse.

3. came on visitors visa, married, AoS was never filed, divorced, vawa filed, denied, then married again to a different person. Will be very difficult to prove your genuine relationship, as of now, it looks that you're trying to stay, no matter which way you put it. 

4. Pregnancy is not gonna impact your AoS in any way, or prove any relationship with your S/O. If you file for AoS, i'm certain that USCIS will pay you a random visit.

5. You can get your transcripts from IRS website, you ex isn't needed.

6. I'm not being picky or accusing, but by reading your responses these are my observations. I'm just a bystander and it doesn't convince me that you're in a real relationship, but for immigration benefit, and You have a long way to convince multiple officers, who are trained to spot fraud, lies, and people intentions. Especially being from a country that has high visa refusal rates, that won't help your case either.

Sorry to sound that way, but those are my observations. 

Timeline
On 3/7/2019 at 7:26 AM, PaulMac said:

1. Nobody can get you a "Visitor visa", so your relative didn't do anything in that regards, you just came here with B2.
2. I'm certain wava was denied not for insufficient tax proof, but insufficient proof of abuse.

3. came on visitors visa, married, AoS was never filed, divorced, vawa filed, denied, then married again to a different person. Will be very difficult to prove your genuine relationship, as of now, it looks that you're trying to stay, no matter which way you put it. 

4. Pregnancy is not gonna impact your AoS in any way, or prove any relationship with your S/O. If you file for AoS, i'm certain that USCIS will pay you a random visit.

5. You can get your transcripts from IRS website, you ex isn't needed.

6. I'm not being picky or accusing, but by reading your responses these are my observations. I'm just a bystander and it doesn't convince me that you're in a real relationship, but for immigration benefit, and You have a long way to convince multiple officers, who are trained to spot fraud, lies, and people intentions. Especially being from a country that has high visa refusal rates, that won't help your case either.

Sorry to sound that way, but those are my observations. 

Maybe you don’t get it .my country your parent can apply for visitor visa ok FYI i was 17yrs .i came got married to my boyfriend.we were together since we were 15ok .and for the transcrit uscis as only the 2017 not 2012 to 2015 when i called ok and i sent all letters from IRS ,you can call and they will tell you what year they start .they said i need a lot of proof for my second marriage i said i m pregnant i will have kids i think kids can be a proof also .your number 6 that s you ok .cause you have ask for detail just jump and talk .how we were together since high school and you said sound like He s not a real relationship.3 years in Haiti and seven years marriage sound not real ????? And I see you mix everything I said .Thank you for your help 

Timeline
On 3/6/2019 at 2:48 PM, Jorgedig said:

There is no filing/sponsoring of a tourist visa for anyone else.  That's not how that works.

On 3/6/2019 at 4:10 PM, Jorgedig said:

I feel the same way, as someone who is almost an empty-nester and who would not choose to procreate now even via the miracle of medical intervention, LOL.

Guys don’t take it wrong I said if I have kids cause I m pregnant if it’s not big evidence .

Timeline
On 3/6/2019 at 2:48 PM, Jorgedig said:

Really my country if your not 21 years yet your parent can apply and ask for you.my dad and my mom filed and I got the 5 years visa I was 17 I got in 2005 

Timeline
On 3/6/2019 at 2:41 PM, geowrian said:

An I-360 would not be denied solely due to tax return documents. Many individuals have gone through VAWA without them. Please review the denial letter closely when you get it. There is likely more than just tax returns listed as an issue.

Also, as another person noted, you can always retrieve your own tax returns form the IRS directly. Your former spouse cannot prevent you from doing so.

Pregnancy is not proof of a bona fide relationship. Raising a child together can be one piece of evidence, but be sure to include much more evidence and  not rely on that.

You can marry in the US and file for adjustment of status. That said, they will likely look very closely at your case. Be sure to present a very strong one.

I'm in no way accusing you here. But look at how it will appear to the IO - married and never field for AOS. Filed for VAWA once legal status via that path was no longer available, then was unable to substantiate that VAWA claim. Got pregnant, then married somebody else (hasn't happened yet, but is needed for AOS), and filed for AOS again. It is going to have the appearance that you are doing anything you can to stay in the US. You will need to overcome that hurdle.

Good luck.

Thank you sooo much for your help. I ddnt know anything that s why I got burned.cause of the case wava I ddnt get married before .

Timeline
On 3/6/2019 at 2:11 PM, Illiria said:

Not on its own, believe us that uscis have seen everything there have been scammers on here that got pregnant on purpose thinking it was a garuntee to get the green card approved and when it was denied abandoned the child with the US citizen ex husband saying they only had the child to get a green card. A child together does not guarantee a genuine relationship, it can be shown as part of the spectrum of evidence but I would say financial support in relation to the pregnancy, birth, and care of the child is better than the birth certificate alone.

Thank thank you I knew all papers I need I just asked .people knows better and make fun about it not really nice 

Timeline
On 3/6/2019 at 2:54 PM, jakejon said:

Always makes my eyes roll big time when some people think 'pregnancy' is deemed a 'good' proof of bona-fide evidence (no disrespect)! I feel like I've lost out with such 'bona-fide' evidence being in a same sex male marriage LOL.

But good luck OP! 

He said a lot of evidence I asked if we have kids.we don’t have to make Fun everybody s here to have some knowledge about immigration and I think if I had I wouldn’t come here to laught or tell it wasn’t real .or etc.. married to someone 7 years plus 3 years in high school in total -0 years I have all this proof from high school to mariage 

Just now, Sheenane said:

He said a lot of evidence I asked if we have kids.we don’t have to make Fun everybody s here to have some knowledge about immigration and I think if I had I wouldn’t come here to laught or tell it wasn’t real .or etc.. married to someone 7 years plus 3 years in high school in total -0 years I have all this proof from high school to mariage 

Meant 10 years 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sheenane said:

Really my country if your not 21 years yet your parent can apply and ask for you.my dad and my mom filed and I got the 5 years visa I was 17 I got in 2005 

it's not just YOUR country, it's USA visa, not your country. And that's still B-2. I had same thing B-2 visa before ESTA was in place. No one sponsors you, you're just going with your family, since you're underage. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.