dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2019

1,194 posts in this topic

How long is it taking to get a case number right now? My case was approved 02/12 and was sent to dept of state on 02/21. I tried calling nvc seeing if they recieved my case but I can’t get a hold of them. Will myuscis.gov account update when nvc receives my case?

CR1/IR1 for Hubby

Marriage:                           2018-08-19

Sent in I-130:                     2018-10-09

NOA1:                                 2018-10-17

Priority Date:                     2018-10-12

*Potomac Service Center*

NOA2:                                 2019-02-12

Sent to Dept of State:      2019-02-21

NVC Received:                  2019-03-01

Received Case #:              2019-04-03

Pay AOS Bill:                      2019-04-03

Pay IV Bill:                          2019-04-03

Submit DS-261:                 2019-04-06

Submit I-864:                     2019-04-08

Send AOS Package:          2019-04-16

Send IV Package:              2019-04-16

NVC RFE:                            2019-04-23 

Resubmitted RFE:             2019-04-24

Case Complete:                2019-05-14

Interview Letter:                2019-09-16

Interview:                           2019-10-22    APPROVED!

11 minutes ago, naz94 said:

How long is it taking to get a case number right now? My case was approved 02/12 and was sent to dept of state on 02/21. I tried calling nvc seeing if they recieved my case but I can’t get a hold of them. Will myuscis.gov account update when nvc receives my case?

about 7 weeks after nVC received date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs said:

No ,you need to have PCC at NVC stage and as well take it to interview. 

Does the name change required on her passport in India?  as she has not changed her name.?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, naz94 said:

59 minutes ago, KJ2 said:

about 7 weeks after nVC received date

Your USCIS account will not update with anything NVC. You'll have to call NVC to get the receipt date directly from them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs said:

No name change required ,she might need to add your name in her passport if only require by Passport Control for PCC.

Yeah thats what i thought as well, but coming to PCC i dont think she needs to add my name on her passport as it Passport Control knows she's getting PCC for abroad VISA as Spouse and never red about anything about this. atleast it gives some relief. i think i should be good. Thank you for the respond! Could also let me know what are the docs and scanned doc i need to prepare to upload to NVC.?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
1 minute ago, Drkchocl8 said:

I certainly hope you’re right! It would be great to move on to the next stage of this process. 

you will thank me later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.