Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Shiran said:

If you have a job, did you try to expedite? 

Yep, Not good enough. My husband looses his job so I get one immediately and they said no my circumstances are  “severe” but not “extreme” 

59 minutes ago, Sarah6422 said:

Same here , I don’t even have a SSN ( I went to the office like everyone else , waited 6 weeks only to be told I can’t have one at this time) yet never mind AP EAD or AOS interview. I got a job  so I could get a letter to expedite only to get rejected, even though my husband lost his job in the process. 

I don’t depend on my husband for money I had a good job and made sure Id be fine and would have enough to get a car and get myself started and be able to go back home to see my family .

Now after we apply it’s suddenly 6-8.5 months for EAD? While some people

have their green cards already ?! 

I really do think they try and break you so you just give up and go home. Now every week my job here asks , can you start yet?? No I have to stay home and look out the window till probably October till someone ticks a box. First place I’m going when I do get AP is back to Ireland before I loose my mind. 

Sorry I needed to rant 😫 

Oh rant away. I so feel you. My husband’s father is ill. He wants to go back to see him badly. It took weeks to get his doctor in ireland to write a letter about his illness. And he only agreed because he has known the family for years. But of course our local office doesn’t take infopass appointments and he has been trying to get ANYONE from uscis on the phone for two weeks with no luck. Seems they no longer answer the phone. And they’ll probably just reject his claim for expedited AP anyway. I’m basically sure of it. His sister’s wedding is in September and he will need to decide to miss it and potentially the last time he will ever see his father, or to go and be done with this. The idea of him leaving and filing this whole thing from scratch again as married is too much to even imagine after all of this time. I just can’t take this any more. I agree they just want you to give up and go home. I get having to wait for a green card. Fine. But there is NO reason they can’t issue EAD and AP for those on K1 who have already jumped through all the damn hoops to get here! It’s insane!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, americaninlove said:

he has been trying to get ANYONE from uscis on the phone for two weeks with no luck.

I was able to reach a human at standard USCIS info line recently. Method I use is 1 for english, then enter MSC number, listen to status, then press 3 (they do not say pressing 3 is an option, but it is) There was about 30 min wait.

Good luck, I hope he gets his AP expedite.

And 5 days after my interview, Case Status finally changed to Card was Mailed!!

I heard I am supposed to get a USPS tracking number also, but this notice doesn't have it?

my_logo.png

Card Was Mailed To Me

On July 29, 2019, we mailed your new card for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC--------------------, to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by August 13, 2019, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we send your new card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline
On 7/26/2019 at 8:57 PM, Gigi2017 said:

That's what I told you a few weeks ago when you first mentioned you haven't had biometrics yet.

I shared my friend story here in LA. She filed this January and didn't get biomretics until the middle of April. In the following days she got approved for the EAD and on August 6 she will have her interview. 

I guess it's a USCIS error, so don't be surprised if you get approved soon.

Ikr! my status havent change to anything in uscis website tho. Not even that biometricks where sheluded nor taken. Status is same as it was after they did reserv my applications. I have to keep good track now, cause seems if it starts look that again they do mistace then i need call them. 😃

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tajikistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, SerbCA said:

I heard I am supposed to get a USPS tracking number also, but this notice doesn't have it?

my_logo.png

Card Was Mailed To Me

On July 29, 2019, we mailed your new card for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC--------------------, to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by August 13, 2019, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we send your new card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Keep checking the status. It will update with tracking information next. Congratulations! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, SerbCA said:

my_logo.png

Card Was Mailed To Me

I'm waiting for this status updated myself. Probably check the USCIS website a 100 times a day haha. 

3/1/2019 ~ Mailed in via lawyer to Chicago Lockbox

3/15/2019 ~ USCIS Processed payment

3/16/2019 ~ Received NOA1

3/23/2019 ~ Received Biometrics Appointment

4/2/2019 ~ Biometrics Appointment

4/10/2019 ~ Status of I-485 changed to 'Ready for Interview'

4/15/2019 ~ Interview has been scheduled

5/22/2019 ~ Had to reschedule interview the day before

6/12/2019 ~ Received new interview date

7/25/2019 ~ Interview: Approved!!

8/2/2019 ~ GC IN HAND!!

--

4/25/2021 ~ Apply for ROC

5/1/2021 ~ Package sent lawyer

6/9/2021 ~ Package sent to USCIS

6/14/2021 ~ Status Change: Case was Received

--

08/31/2022 ~ Mailed N-400 Package to Lawyer

09/09/2022 ~ Package being mailed to USCIS

09/12/2022 ~ Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

09/14/2022 ~ Check cashed by USCIS

09/20/2022 ~ I-797C received in mail - Status: USCIS is actively reviewing...

09/16/2022 ~ I-797C stating that the biometrics will be reused 

10/22/2022 ~ Status changed to 'Interview has been Scheduled'

12/08/2022 ~ N-400/I-751 Combo Interview

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Recommended for approval

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled

12/17/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony Notice has been Mailed

2 hours ago, FINUSA said:

Ikr! my status havent change to anything in uscis website tho. Not even that biometricks where sheluded nor taken. Status is same as it was after they did reserv my applications. I have to keep good track now, cause seems if it starts look that again they do mistace then i need call them. 😃

Did you call them and ask if they received your biometrics ok? If tier 1 can't see and just tells you that you're still within normal processing times, ask to speak with tier 2. For me and a few people after they called and asked, status actually changed a few days later. Maybe it was a coincidence but it never hurts to try.

Also, which website are you looking at your case on? The "myUSCIS" website never changed status for me. Only the "case status online" tracker semi worked

22 hours ago, SerbCA said:

Soo I just looked at informed delivery and I have a letter from USCIS coming.

It says page one of one and is dated july 24th (the day I had the intreview)

I am presuming that's the formal approval letter and not the actual green card?  Since on the website (that still just says Cse was approved) it says they will email me my approval notice.

Also just curious, how does the actual letter with the green card inside look?

Yes, it should be just a notice saying you're approved. The actual GC comes in a bigger envelope with red stripes, it'll be mailed as a priority mail and you'll get a tracking number for it from your case status. Inside, it's more like a packet with some information about your rights and your GC and then a letter with attached GC

Hey guys, I noticed a few people getting their GC interview sooner than they expected. I got mine in 4 months instead of 7-8 as was listed on USCIS website. A December filer I know in a different state was expecting interview around November from USCIS estimates. She just got scheduled for August! I saw a few more people mentioning it on VJ as well.

So fingers crossed that your wait for GC interview will be also much shorter than they're stating on the website 🤞. That way hopefully a lot of EAD/AP can get cancelled and people in the slower offices can get theirs sooner. Hang in there! 

One more thought on EAD/AP times, here on VJ I noticed, there is no way of indicating that you got your GC first and therefore your EAD/AP was cancelled. I personally deleted all the information from the EAD/AP section so it doesn't look like I filed and never go my EAD/AP but I'm sure not every person is that diligent 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Praying for some good news this week!

Friends since 2005

Went to HK together, became couple 11/23/2017

NOA 1: JANUARY 25 2018

NOA 2: AUGUST 7 2018

NVC RECEIVED: AUGUST 17 2018

NVC CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED: AUGUST 20 2018

CASE IN TRANSIT: SEPTEMBER 04 2018

CASE READY: SEPTEMBER 05, 2018

MEDICAL: SEPTEMBER 11 & 12, 2018

INTERVIEW: SEPTEMBER 14, 2018 (RESCHEDULED BY USEM DUE TO TYPHOON)

INTERVIEW: SEPTEMBER 18, 2018 APPROVED!!

VISA ISSUED: SEPTEMBER 20, 2018

VISA IN TRANSIT:  SEPTEMBER 24, 2018

VOH: SEPTEMBER 25, 2018

FLIGHT TO THE US: NOVEMBER 14, 2018

WEDDING: JANUARY 23, 2019

Adjustment of Status/EAD/AP

PACKET SENT TO USCIS: March 12, 2019 

RECEIVED DATE: March 14, 2019

NOA 1: March 18, 2019 

BIOMETRICS: May 7, 2019

1 hour ago, Michaela K. said:

Hey guys, I noticed a few people getting their GC interview sooner than they expected. I got mine in 4 months instead of 7-8 as was listed on USCIS website. A December filer I know in a different state was expecting interview around November from USCIS estimates. She just got scheduled for August! I saw a few more people mentioning it on VJ as well.

So fingers crossed that your wait for GC interview will be also much shorter than they're stating on the website 🤞. That way hopefully a lot of EAD/AP can get cancelled and people in the slower offices can get theirs sooner. Hang in there! 

One more thought on EAD/AP times, here on VJ I noticed, there is no way of indicating that you got your GC first and therefore your EAD/AP was cancelled. I personally deleted all the information from the EAD/AP section so it doesn't look like I filed and never go my EAD/AP but I'm sure not every person is that diligent 

I changed my EAD/AP on vj as recieving them on the date of my interview, since the green card allows you to work and travel anyway. It might be that the VJ estimated time goes up even more because people who get the interview and the gc just leave the EAD/AP part "unfinished" (even though it will be canceled by USCIS) and that bumps the estimated time even more. But the wait for those has gotten so long that it might not even be a factor, who knows

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, SerbCA said:

I changed my EAD/AP on vj as recieving them on the date of my interview, since the green card allows you to work and travel anyway. It might be that the VJ estimated time goes up even more because people who get the interview and the gc just leave the EAD/AP part "unfinished" (even though it will be canceled by USCIS) and that bumps the estimated time even more.

That exactly what happens. Time goes up because people who get GC approved never update EAD/AP, so for the most part only "pure" EAD approvals have strong effect on VJ timelines. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.