Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Canadian87 said:

Does the change in timelines affect the ones already submitted, or is it maybe only for new applications?

it affects all applications that have not yet been adjudicated 

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 (USC spouse)

Adjusting From: F1 

Local USCIS office: Washington, DC

Service center: NBC

AOS Timeline

03/07/2019: FedEx delivery

03/22/2019: NOA1

04/01/2019: Completed biometrics 

04/08/2019: Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

07/05/2019: EAD Card in Production (67 days after expediting)

Feb 2020: GC Interview, GC received

ROC Timeline:

Nov 2021: Filed I-751

March 2021: Biometrics Appointment Completed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello! Please Is there anything like expediting i485? I called USCIS last Friday about expediting my EAD under severe financial lost and the officer told me to explain what kind of financial loss I am experiencing, which I did and he took everything down. Today I got an email from my field office asking me to mail my explanation and documents to the field office. I noticed the expedite is being processed under my i485 ( I think I may have typed my i485 receipt notice when I called). My online status for my i485 changed to i485 expedite case assigned to an officer.

Do you think I should go ahead to mail documents to my field office or correct them and tell them it’s my EAD I want to expedite? please advise me!6B0B9242-C14F-4A8C-9CAE-8A2A81E08F8D.thumb.jpeg.f00494c50fda381cbf4bd73d98c1705d.jpeg

602D7B35-8FF5-416E-8AA1-7B95E441571E.jpeg

Edited by Pittsburgfiler

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, Pittsburgfiler said:

Hello! Please Is there anything like expediting i485? I called USCIS last Friday about expediting my EAD under severe financial lost and the officer told me to explain what kind of financial loss I am experiencing, which I did and he took everything down. Today I got an email from my field office asking me to mail my explanation and documents to the field office. I noticed the expedite is being processed under my i485 ( I think I may have typed my i485 receipt notice when I called). My online status for my i485 changed to i485 expedite case assigned to an officer.

Do you think I should go ahead to mail documents to my field office or correct them and tell them it’s my EAD I want to expedite? please advise me!6B0B9242-C14F-4A8C-9CAE-8A2A81E08F8D.thumb.jpeg.f00494c50fda381cbf4bd73d98c1705d.jpeg

602D7B35-8FF5-416E-8AA1-7B95E441571E.jpeg

You should give them a call and correct your mistake. It's supposed to be the I-765 form for EAD, not I-485. They treat seperate forms as seperate cases so while your I-485 is at your field office, your I-756 is at the National Benefits Center (NBC). 

Edited by my&aaron

Charlotte, NC Field Office 

AOS from Student F-1 Status 

Package Sent (overnight via UPS): 04/04/2019

(day1) Delivered to USCIS: 04/05/2019 

(day5) Texts & Emails Received: 04/09/2019 (Checks Cashed Out: 04/10)

(day5) NOA: 04/09/2019

(day9) NOA Mails Received: 04/13/2019

(day43) 2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice (missed the 1st one on May 7 due to undeliverable mail): 05/17/2019

(day 49) Biometrics Notice Mail Received: 05/23/2019

(day50) Walk-in Biometrics Done: 05/24/2019

(day54) "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" status update on I-485 & I-765: 05/28/2019

(day57) "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview": 05/31/2019

(day74) "New Card Is Being Produced" for I-765: 06/17/2019

(day75) "Case was Approved" for I-131: 06/18/2019

(day76) "Card was Mailed to Me": 06/19/2019

(day77) "Card Picked up by USPS" w. tracking included: 06/20/2019

(day78) Combo Card Delivered !!!: 06/21/2019

(day135) Interview Scheduled: 08/18/2019

(day 172) Interview Day: 09/23/2019 !!!APPROVED ON SPOT!!!!

Expedite EAD Timeline

(day49) Expedite EAD requested: 05/23/2019

(day55) USCIS emailed asking for additional info: 05/29/2019

(day62) Faxed USCIS additional info: 06/05/2019

(day64) USCIS emailed back confirming they have received docs: 06/07/2019

(day74) Status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced"!!!: 06/17/2019

(day75) "Case was Approved" for I-131: 06/18/2019

(day76) "Card was Mailed to Me": 06/19/2019

(day77) "Card Picked up by USPS" w. tracking included: 06/20/2019

(day78) Combo Card Delivered !!!: 06/21/2019

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Hirotoyoto said:

hi everyone,

we just mailed our adjustment of status this morning. how long before we here anything back and what is the next step? when is she able to work?

thanks in advance

Legally she won't be able to work until either her EAD (form I-765) or Green Card (form I-485) get approved, whichever comes first. 

You want to bookmark this thread for other June AOS filers. Good luck! 

On 5/28/2019 at 4:11 PM, Michaela K. said:

Anyway, uscis tier 1 couldn't even see that the interview was scheduled. All he saw was that they requested my local field office to schedule it and was kind of clueless about what I should do. I can't be thankful enough for VJ and all the information that's on here, because thanks to that I knew I should ask to speak to the tier 2 who can see more information in their system. They put me on "call back" since the waiting time was 480 minutes! They called me after 5 hours of me being incredibly stressed about this as no one was able to help by that point. Basically they told me that if I still don't receive the notice until June 18th, then I should call them with a fax number and they will fax the notice to me. They told me the interview is June 24th. I finally can go relax after dealing with this all day today 

UPDATE:

Never mind, I spoke too soon. My frustration continues. Yesterday my status changed to "Notice Was Returned To USCIS Because The Post Office Could Not Deliver It". So I decided not to wait until June 18 since now I know the interview notice won't be delivered for sure by then and I called them today to fax it to me as I was told to. I spoke to tier 2 officer and he said he will NOT fax it and that I should do an e-request. E-request says to expect a reply by July 3rd.  

So I guess I can pray that it gets mailed immediately and get delivered this time or I will miss my interview? How is it possible that one person tells me it can be faxed and then another says it can't and that he can't see anything on the system? This is so frustrating! 

I think I'll just keep calling and requesting tier 2 until I get to talk to someone who will be able to fax it to me. 

Any ideas about what I could do?

I tried to read through some VJ threads regarding this issue but they don't really have any answers or updates about how it end up (not) working out 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Michaela K. said:

How is it possible that one person tells me it can be faxed and then another says it can't and that he can't see anything on the system? This is so frustrating! 

Unfortunately I do not have good answers for you, but that story, about inconsistent answers from USCIS is not a new one. We've seen it commonly with RFEs for 129F, where people would play phone tag until they find sympathetic Tier 2 agent that would agree to fax the notice. I do not understand how between them and USPS their delivery of vital documents people wait months for can be so shody. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shiran said:

Legally she won't be able to work until either her EAD (form I-765) or Green Card (form I-485) get approved, whichever comes first. 

You want to bookmark this thread for other June AOS filers. Good luck! 

how long does that take?

3 minutes ago, Hirotoyoto said:

how long does that take?

the EAD? currently, processing times are 6.5 - 8.5 months on average. Some take longer some less time..

AOS Timeline

ROC Timeline:

41 minutes ago, Michaela K. said:

UPDATE:

Never mind, I spoke too soon. My frustration continues. Yesterday my status changed to "Notice Was Returned To USCIS Because The Post Office Could Not Deliver It". So I decided not to wait until June 18 since now I know the interview notice won't be delivered for sure by then and I called them today to fax it to me as I was told to. I spoke to tier 2 officer and he said he will NOT fax it and that I should do an e-request. E-request says to expect a reply by July 3rd.  

So I guess I can pray that it gets mailed immediately and get delivered this time or I will miss my interview? How is it possible that one person tells me it can be faxed and then another says it can't and that he can't see anything on the system? This is so frustrating! 

I think I'll just keep calling and requesting tier 2 until I get to talk to someone who will be able to fax it to me. 

I tried to read through some VJ threads regarding this issue but they don't really have any answers or updates about how it end up (not) working out 

I forget which thread I saw this in, but I remember reading that someone called USCIS and spoke to Tier 2 who was able to see the actual date of the interview and tell them over the phone. Even with that, I think you have to bring the interview notice to your interview, so I would keep calling them until you get someone who can fax it to you and/or tell you when the interview is scheduled for. I don't know if this is possible or would it be helpful, but maybe you could try contacting your LFO?

AOS Timeline

ROC Timeline:

Status has still not changed... here’s hoping my green card is in the mail tomorrow! I just had an interview today for a job :(

03/01/2019 - USCIS Chicago lockbox received case  for AOS/EAD/AP

03/21/2019 - NOA1 received hard copy via post (Notice date 03/14/2019)

1 hour ago, AOSFairfax said:

I forget which thread I saw this in, but I remember reading that someone called USCIS and spoke to Tier 2 who was able to see the actual date of the interview and tell them over the phone. Even with that, I think you have to bring the interview notice to your interview, so I would keep calling them until you get someone who can fax it to you and/or tell you when the interview is scheduled for. I don't know if this is possible or would it be helpful, but maybe you could try contacting your LFO?

That was probably me. The first Tier 2 I spoke to, told me the date, time and place of the interview but as you said I have to bring the notice (which I don't have) with me to the interview. Also he told me they could fax it to me and to call with a fax number in a few weeks. So I waited as they told me and now this happened. I looked at local offices but can't see any phone numbers, just an option to make an appointment to speak to someone. It's almost 3 hour drive so I guess I'll try calling to have someone fax it and if no luck I'll make an appointment for next week. Thank you for the suggestion! :) 

3 hours ago, Michaela K. said:

UPDATE:

Even though they have  sent you notices before  to your address I would update your address online. I got that same status before with one of my notices. Somehow they put “UK” on at the end of a USA address. 😑. For you it could be just a small error that’s why it can’t be posted to you. Try that and call them back again.

Our journey so far:🙂

03 /12/19- Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 (via USPS)
03/14/19 - Arrived at Chicago lock box
03/19/19- NOA1 via text (all petitions NBC)
03/22/19- Biometrics notice
03/25/19 - NOA1 via mail for AOSEAD & AP 
03/30/19- NOA1 for scheduled biometrics appointment (via mail)
04/12/19- Biometrics appointment completed 

So in a weird twist of fate...

filed march 4

ead expedite approved: april 10

AoS: rdy to be interviewed april 7

just moved from nebraska to New jersey. I thought if anything it would extend my wait as NJ has much more backlog.

oddly this happened.

address change completed: june 10

interview scheduled: june 11

so did my address change get it scheduled earlier by a fluke? Maybe someone stuck it on the top of a pile somewhere?

fingers crossed they got the office right. I really hope not to have to fly back to nebraska for this as I saw one or two horror stories about the address not updating correctly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.