IknBarbie

Advice need urgently please

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Quick question 

We are in administrative process for two months already for cr1 visa and my wife is due to visit this weekend and she emailed the consulate that she’s visiting but we got no reply yet 

is it okay to visit the embassy upon arrival as she is a USC or she must make an appointment before being allowed in the embassy?

Thanks in advance for your response 🙏🏾

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree with the above. What is she hoping to accomplish? You are in AP. Her going to the embassy/consulate won't change that and unless they asked for her to come specifically I don't think they would be interested in talking to her unfortunately 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

Being a US Citizen doesn't automatically grant her access to the Embassy. It is best that she contact the Embassy in advance and they can tell her what she can do. 

Thanks for your reply but sent an email 2 weeks ago and we got an automated reply.. I don’t know if we can make an appointment on the phone 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would have to agree with both posts above. I'd contact the embassy, but her going there won't influence them to make a decision one way or the other. Probably wouldn't tell her any information either.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
8 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

Being a US Citizen doesn't automatically grant her access to the Embassy. It is best that she contact the Embassy in advance and they can tell her what she can do. 

1 minute ago, Ben&Zian said:

I would have to agree with both posts above. I'd contact the embassy, but her going there won't influence them to make a decision one way or the other. Probably wouldn't tell her any information either.

But we mailed them already just auto reply and nothing like come or don’t come 

1 minute ago, Jerooz said:

But we mailed them already just auto reply and nothing like come or don’t come 

One thing she can do is to just show up at the Embassy, telling them she want to inquire about her case, and go from there. Be prepared though, they may just turn her away and tell her to wait some more. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jerooz said:

Quick question 

We are in administrative process for two months already for cr1 visa and my wife is due to visit this weekend and she emailed the consulate that she’s visiting but we got no reply yet 

is it okay to visit the embassy upon arrival as she is a USC or she must make an appointment before being allowed in the embassy?

The US embassy is open to American Citizens for US citizen services only (passport renewal, lost, stolen etc.).  They will likely not see her if she is coming to ask about a immigrant visa for her spouse.  If they did let her in she would just be told your in AP and it can't be waived or expedited and sent on her way.  It will not accomplish anything.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

One thing she can do is to just show up at the Embassy, telling them she want to inquire about her case, and go from there. Be prepared though, they may just turn her away and tell her to wait some more. 

I understand you...my wife is very stressed I don’t blame her.. this will be her fourth visit first one after the interview 

so if its ok to go and inquire then that’s what we will do

thanks

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

The US embassy is open to American Citizens for US citizen services only (passport renewal, lost, stolen etc.).  They will likely not see her if she is coming to ask about a immigrant visa for her spouse.  If they did let her in she would just be told your in AP and it can't be waived or expedited and sent on her way.  It will not accomplish anything.

Thanks not even inquiries?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 minutes ago, IknBarbie said:

Thanks not even inquiries?

one of our VJ  members flew to Morocco and called for an appointment

he was able to schedule one but like it says above,   nothing came of it

they said AP  can last as long as it takes

Let's hope they have more information in Italy

Timeline
48 minutes ago, EandH0904 said:

I agree with the above. What is she hoping to accomplish? You are in AP. Her going to the embassy/consulate won't change that and unless they asked for her to come specifically I don't think they would be interested in talking to her unfortunately 

Never say never...we are trying to be positive here

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
7 hours ago, IknBarbie said:

Quick question 

they wont give her any information there.  I tried way back when and flew over to Italy too...and they dont take phone calls either.  I had better luck when my Senator sent one simple email on my behalf....when I returned.  They finally started to give answers!

Joyce

2/10/04 - interview date!!!!!!!Got Visa!!!!

3/11/04 - Massimo arrived in USA...Hurray!!!

4/25/04 - Happily Married in New Jersey

5/12/04 - starting AOS papers

5/17/04 - Mailed I-485, 131, (certified mail) to Newark

7/12/04 - Biometrics for AOS done in NYC

2/1/05 - received interview letter for May 16, 2005

5/16/05 - Successful (and fast) AOS interview in Cherry Hill!!!

I751

3/1/07 - mailed I751 package to VSC - regular mail

3/7/07 - cashed 205.00 check

3/9/07 - cashed 70.00 biometrics check

3/16/07 - received blue receipt notice for biometrics fee

3/24/07 - received NOA extending GC for another year

3/24/07 - received Biometrics appointment letter

4/6/07 - Biometrics appointment in Newark at 9am

4/7/07 - touched

4/11/07 - touched

9/28/07 - email received...Card production ordered!

10/4/07 - received congratulations letter in the mail

10/09/07 - 10 year green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.