dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2019

1,541 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, Rasha167 said:

No I couldn’t login, i have tried for so many times and keep giving me that the numbers didn’t match their records. I think i will wait for tomorrow morning to see if it’s just about updating the system. It happened before to others and was just a matter of time. 

Thank you. I am getting the same message 🤦🏽‍♀️😢😭! I will try again in the morning as well. I got my number around 4:30p. 

Timeline

First of all , congratulations on all those Case Close @nvc and those who have just gotten case numbers.

Just a little timeline review:

Submitted docs on 02/07 and got an rfe for pp bio data page saying that the document was cut off. Please see attached photo circled in red. That's how it is in the passport and the scan never cut it off but i still got a rfe . This time around i scan it to show the outside 4 corners away from the actual document. I hope this help someone. To wait 2 weeks for that ####### is just a waste of time.  

Anyway all the best to those still waiting. 

20190221_220231.jpg

Just now, SM&RM said:

Thank you. I am getting the same message 🤦🏽‍♀️😢😭! I will try again in the morning as well. I got my number around 4:30p. 

I got mine at the same time too. Hope that it will be fine when they update the system. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

Same thing....SMH says it closes at 9p though 🤦🏽‍♀️😢😭😩

Ohhh, so it’s not just me! I guess that’s somewhat relieving—keyword: somewhat. lol.

Regarding the closing time, I saw posts about that other other day, but someone else said they still close at midnight. Maybe SMH is right after all. 🤷🏾‍♀️

So I’ve been following this thread for awhile and I’ve read most of your posts—you give a lot of helpful info, btw, so thanks! Somehow I missed the post where you received your case number!  Did you also get yours today?? Congrats!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

I'm filling out the I-864 to sponsor my wife. For the household size question, the form is auto-calculating the household size to 3. Is that what the others got as well ? 

In this case, bullet 1 was auto-calculated from Part 3, Item 29, and in bullet 3, if I add "1" for my spouse, the total number becomes three, even though bullet 1 and bullet 3 refer to the same person.

How did the others go about this ?

Thanks.

Household Size.jpg

• I-130 petition sent: May 5th, 2018
  • I-130 Petition received: May 14, 2018
  • I-130 Petition approved: Nov 27, 2018
  • Case sent to NVC: Dec 21, 2018
  • Case received at NVCJan 2nd, 2019
  • NVC case# Generated: Feb 19th, 2019 
  • AOS and IV Fees paid: Feb 19th, 2019 
  • AOS and IV Forms / Docs submitted: Feb 22nd, 2019 
  • NVC Case Complete : March 8th, 2019
  • InterviewMay 31st, 2019 - Approved

5 hours ago, Ashlyyynnnn said:

Just got CC! 

Docs submitted after RFE: Feb 6th

CC: Feb 21st

The letter we wrote explaining why we don't have the2018 tax transcript and promising to bring the transcripts to the interview must have done the trick! Thanks to everyone for the help along the way (particularly @SM&RM) and I'm hoping everyone else finally breaks through all the NVC bs. 

5 hours ago, Ashlyyynnnn said:

It was both, I had two emails from NVC one telling me to check my CEAC account as I had a new message, the message said DOCUMENTARY QUALIFIED. Then shortly after was an email saying they've received all fees, docs etc necessary for us and will schedule my interview. Hope that helps!

5 hours ago, TTRT said:

case complete received. submitted on February 7 with one document in February 8 and one on February 9.

37 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

Congratulations!!!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽🙏🏽😇. I’m so happy for you. I know this has been a long road. 

Thank you !!!!! And a huge thanks to

to you as well . You are such a great help !!!!

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Marie85 said:

First of all , congratulations on all those Case Close @nvc and those who have just gotten case numbers.

Just a little timeline review:

Submitted docs on 02/07 and got an rfe for pp bio data page saying that the document was cut off. Please see attached photo circled in red. That's how it is in the passport and the scan never cut it off but i still got a rfe . This time around i scan it to show the outside 4 corners away from the actual document. I hope this help someone. To wait 2 weeks for that ####### is just a waste of time.  

Anyway all the best to those still waiting. 

20190221_220231.jpg

Seems like people are getting Case complete as soon as they upload the documents again, don’t get discouraged. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, SM&RM said:

Seems like people are getting Case complete as soon as they upload the documents again, don’t get discouraged. 

Thank you my dear.  I'm really not but it's just frustrating. I do hope i'm in that lucky batch. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, justjoy said:

Ohhh, so it’s not just me! I guess that’s somewhat relieving—keyword: somewhat. lol.

Regarding the closing time, I saw posts about that other other day, but someone else said they still close at midnight. Maybe SMH is right after all. 🤷🏾‍♀️

So I’ve been following this thread for awhile and I’ve read most of your posts—you give a lot of helpful info, btw, so thanks! Somehow I missed the post where you received your case number!  Did you also get yours today?? Congrats!

Yes I did. Thank you. I’m sorry I have been traveling all day today. I am going to visit my husband, so I haven’t been able to post. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Olori said:

Thank you !!!!! And a huge thanks to

to you as well . You are such a great help !!!!

You welcome. I’ve really learned a lot through this process...Lol 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
18 minutes ago, sj0509 said:

Hi All,

I'm filling out the I-864 to sponsor my wife. For the household size question, the form is auto-calculating the household size to 3. Is that what the others got as well ? 

In this case, bullet 1 was auto-calculated from Part 3, Item 29, and in bullet 3, if I add "1" for my spouse, the total number becomes three, even though bullet 1 and bullet 3 refer to the same person.

How did the others go about this ?

Thanks.

Household Size.jpg

Remove line 3. You can't count your spouse twice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, nastra30 said:

Remove line 3. You can't count your spouse twice.

Hah, yeah one is more than enough 😛

Thanks, will update.

• I-130 petition sent: May 5th, 2018
  • I-130 Petition received: May 14, 2018
  • I-130 Petition approved: Nov 27, 2018
  • Case sent to NVC: Dec 21, 2018
  • Case received at NVCJan 2nd, 2019
  • NVC case# Generated: Feb 19th, 2019 
  • AOS and IV Fees paid: Feb 19th, 2019 
  • AOS and IV Forms / Docs submitted: Feb 22nd, 2019 
  • NVC Case Complete : March 8th, 2019
  • InterviewMay 31st, 2019 - Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
21 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

Yes I did. Thank you. I’m sorry I have been traveling all day today. I am going to visit my husband, so I haven’t been able to post. 

You’re welcome, and that’s ok! Funny how I was thinking  to myself “Where did SM&RM go??” It felt sort of weird in the thread without you, but I didn't want to be nosey. Haha 🤣 

That’s great that you’re visiting your hubby! I last saw mine in August, 2018 for our 1 year anniversary. I’d been visiting him every March and August for the last 2 years, but unfortunately I won’t be able to this March. He should be here before our second year anniversary, so I guess I’ll just look at the bright side—that this long process is finally over! Please have mercy on us all, NVC!! lol 

Enjoy yout trip! ☺️

Timeline
3 minutes ago, justjoy said:

You’re welcome, and that’s ok! Funny how I was thinking  to myself “Where did SM&RM go??” It felt sort of weird in the thread without you, but I didn't want to be nosey. Haha 🤣 

That’s great that you’re visiting your hubby! I last saw mine in August, 2018 for our 1 year anniversary. I’d been visiting him every March and August for the last 2 years, but unfortunately I won’t be able to this March. He should be here before our second year anniversary, so I guess I’ll just look at the bright side—that this long process is finally over! Please have mercy on us all, NVC!! lol 

Enjoy yout trip! ☺️

Thank you. I am visiting him for our 1 year anniversary now on March 11th. Please have mercy on us NVC  🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.