Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi all - crossposting from August 2018 Filers. Congrats to those who have finished this process, and best of luck to those still wading through it. We finally got our approval and my fiance flies to New York tomorrow. Here is our complete timeline, if it's helpful to any of you still waiting. Getting an appointment at the embassy took much longer than we expected, in particular. We checked hourly for several weeks before something opened up. I couldn't find a secret WhatsApp group for Turkey, alas. 😄 Also, we worried for a whole year about the fact that I (female petitioner) am 19 years older than my partner (male beneficiary). Everyone said it was a "red flag," and it never came up ONCE, not even in the interview. Go figure.

3 August 2018: I-129F package sent

9 August 2018: NOA1 notification

17 August 2018: NOA1 hard copy received

11 January 2019: RFE notification 

18 January 2019: RFE hard copy received (requesting separate letter of intent to marry from beneficiary) 

25 January 2019: RFE response sent to USCIS

28 January 2019: RFE response received by USCIS 

7 February 2019: NOA2 date (no notification or website update)

12 February 2019: NOA2 hard copy received 

18 March 2019: Case # assigned @ NVC

26 March 2019: Email from NVC that petition being forwarded to embassy

28 March 2019: P3 email from embassy (no paper packet sent)

31 March 2019: DS-160 submitted

3 May 2019: Interview appointment scheduled & P4 email from embassy (no paper version sent)

14 June 2019: Interview date (approved!)

19 June 2019: Status changed from AP to Issued

21 June 2019: Passport/visa delivered to local postal office and picked up

27 June 2019: Flight to U.S.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
On 5/27/2019 at 8:51 PM, Greenbaum said:

It may not be an issue because your application was approved by USCIS and sent on for interview. Go to the interview and IF ASKED then give your version of the FACTS of the case. If the petitioner can send you the court documents it may ease the pain if any. ALWAYS tell the truth. You are NOT required to volunteer any information and IF you do your case could travel down a road you don't want to travel.

Always tell the truth at the interview.

Thank you! I had my interview and didn't ask anything about it.

Today my statues changed to AP -> then changed to Issued.

Thanks for your replies and suggestions.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
16 hours ago, Etek&Ahududu said:

Also, we worried for a whole year about the fact that I (female petitioner) am 19 years older than my partner (male beneficiary). Everyone said it was a "red flag," and it never came up ONCE, not even in the interview. Go figure.

Same! 21 years between us(petitioner older) and it was never mentioned at all and it all went through the same timing as similar filers timelines

K1 Visa             

Sent - 26th Aug 2018

NOA1 -  6th Sept 2018

NOA2 -  23rd Feb 2019

NVC sent to embassy - 2nd April 2019

Medical - 21st May 2019

Interview - 31st May 2019

Approved! 

K-1 in hand - 10th June 2019

POE - 4th July 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi All,

My Fiance just received an email saying the 4 months has expired for the K1 approval, but her interview in Frankfurt is this Monday, July 1st. Does anyone have any experience with this or how to handle? The email wants me to send a letter to the embassy saying we still want to get married, but the interview is only 4 days from now. I have sent an email to the embassy to see what we can do as well.

Thanks in advance,

Kev

27 minutes ago, 1quickZ said:

Hi All,

My Fiance just received an email saying the 4 months has expired for the K1 approval, but her interview in Frankfurt is this Monday, July 1st. Does anyone have any experience with this or how to handle? The email wants me to send a letter to the embassy saying we still want to get married, but the interview is only 4 days from now. I have sent an email to the embassy to see what we can do as well.

Thanks in advance,

Kev

Just do as they have asked. Everyone has an expiration date on their NOA2 and the clock is ticking to complete your interview within that time period. If you are unable to complete your interview in that window, as you stated you can't, then send an email with two signed letters of intent to marry within 90 days and that you would still like to continue the process. Explain to them your interview date is July 1. That's all you do is what do will do. This is not a denial offense and it happens all the  time. Every embassy is different on how they handle this issue, so send the letter with the letter of intent which they are requiring will clear this up. Use the same letter that you used when you applied but change the date. No harm.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Just do as they have asked. Everyone has an expiration date on their NOA2 and the clock is ticking to complete your interview within that time period. If you are unable to complete your interview in that window, as you stated you can't, then send an email with two signed letters of intent to marry within 90 days and that you would still like to continue the process. Explain to them your interview date is July 1. That's all you do is what do will do. This is not a denial offense and it happens all the  time. Every embassy is different on how they handle this issue, so send the letter with the letter of intent which they are requiring will clear this up. Use the same letter that you used when you applied but change the date. No harm.

Thanks for the reply,

The issue here is that I cannot get a signed letter from the US to Germany in that time frame. I have contacted the Frankfurt embassy and they have escalated the case and will get back to me within a day. I specifically asked if I need to do anything on my end and they said no.

It drives me crazy is that the only delays has been on their end and we have been responding and trying to schedule this interview as soon as possible. 

Regards,

Kev

4 minutes ago, 1quickZ said:

Thanks for the reply,

The issue here is that I cannot get a signed letter from the US to Germany in that time frame. I have contacted the Frankfurt embassy and they have escalated the case and will get back to me within a day. I specifically asked if I need to do anything on my end and they said no.

It drives me crazy is that the only delays has been on their end and we have been responding and trying to schedule this interview as soon as possible. 

Regards,

Kev

Do you have email? A wet signature is not required so send a signed letter of intent to the beneficiary and have them print your copy and for them to complete one on their end. Then email it on to the Embassy. Simple and done.

Believe when I say we are our own worst enemy. We expect to much. There are many out here in VJ land who have it far worse then you do. Some have had to wait a year, even one couple 3 years to get an approval from their interview and you have just a few more months of waiting. Count your blessings, get it done to what their asking and use the once of patience you still have in the tank and this will be over soon. JMHO.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
Just now, Greenbaum said:

Do you have email? A wet signature is not required so send a signed letter of intent to the beneficiary and have them print your copy and for them to complete one on their end. Then email it on to the Embassy. Simple and done.

They specifically say it must be a wet signature sent by mail. I suppose we can try that route anyways while we wait for a response.

Our records show that you are the beneficiary of a K1 fiancé(e) visa petition.      

An approved K1 visa petition is valid for a period of 4 months from the date of approval.  Since your petition was approved more than 4 months ago it is expired.  It may be revalidated for an additional 4 months provided the Consular Officer concludes that the petitioner's and the beneficiary's intentions are still to get married.  Please ask your fiancé(e) to send us (by regular mail, PDF's and e-mails are not acceptable) a signed, original statement explaining why you have not pursued the fiancé(e) visa earlier, and stating that both of you remain legally free to marry and that you continue to intend to marry each other within 90 days after your admission into the United States.  Also inform us when you plan to travel to the United States.  If you do not contact us within 6 months your petition will be destroyed.

Just now, 1quickZ said:

They specifically say it must be a wet signature sent by mail. I suppose we can try that route anyways while we wait for a response.

Our records show that you are the beneficiary of a K1 fiancé(e) visa petition.      

An approved K1 visa petition is valid for a period of 4 months from the date of approval.  Since your petition was approved more than 4 months ago it is expired.  It may be revalidated for an additional 4 months provided the Consular Officer concludes that the petitioner's and the beneficiary's intentions are still to get married.  Please ask your fiancé(e) to send us (by regular mail, PDF's and e-mails are not acceptable) a signed, original statement explaining why you have not pursued the fiancé(e) visa earlier, and stating that both of you remain legally free to marry and that you continue to intend to marry each other within 90 days after your admission into the United States.  Also inform us when you plan to travel to the United States.  If you do not contact us within 6 months your petition will be destroyed.

Well that information is something that should have been revealed in your original question. Having said that it is impossible to complete that request of theirs so I would do is have the petitioner send the beneficiary an email of the letter of intent, then print it off and the beneficiary does the same and I would bring it to the interview and present it with your explanation. This action by the embassy makes no sense in what they are asking. It's my opinion they will except the letters of intent and it won't be an issue as their deadline and requirement is quite impossible to meet with their short notice. I wouldn't worry about it.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

Well that information is something that should have been revealed in your original question. Having said that it is impossible to complete that request of theirs so I would do is have the petitioner send the beneficiary an email of the letter of intent, then print it off and the beneficiary does the same and I would bring it to the interview and present it with your explanation. This action by the embassy makes no sense in what they are asking. It's my opinion they will except the letters of intent and it won't be an issue as their deadline and requirement is quite impossible to meet with their short notice. I wouldn't worry about it.

My apologies for not including originally, was just in a little bit of a panic. I agree as well, although I assume this will be resolved upon their response, I will do as you suggested as a precautionary measure. One would think this expiry date would become null and void given the interview was scheduled over a month ago at the earliest available date...

Thanks again,

Kev

4 minutes ago, 1quickZ said:

My apologies for not including originally, was just in a little bit of a panic. I agree as well, although I assume this will be resolved upon their response, I will do as you suggested as a precautionary measure. One would think this expiry date would become null and void given the interview was scheduled over a month ago at the earliest available date...

Thanks again,

Kev

With the advent of electronics, the Government is usually the last to incorporate any sense into what they are doing. This is a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Again, I believe you are not going to have an issue.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Just to update anyone searching for a situation like this in the future: My Fiance went to the interview and the NOA2 expiration was not even brought up. I did type up a letter for her to print and bring to the interview as well as mailing the same letter express with tracking. Way overkill but too far along in the process to allow something as silly as this hold us up :)

-Kev

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

My fiance and her daughter received their VISA today from Naples, Italy.   There was a bit of a delay after the interview in June.    There was an approval with 2 condition......finish the medical  and getting permission from her teenage daughter's father to travel to the United States.  Her father is an American and doesn't communicate very often with my Fiance and her daughter so getting this formal permission would be almost impossible because he simply would not respond to the request.     Se we composed an email explaining the situation that chances are slim he would respond to the request let alone approve it and that he played little to no role in his daughters life.      Naples responded to the email a couple of days later and said continue with the medical and wait for an approval.   
We monitored CEAC that eventually went into  "Administrative Processing".   3 days later after that  "Visa Issued".   And today Fiance received the email to pick up the Visa in Milan. 
Next step......United States.   

08-27-18 :  I-129F package sent

08-29-18 : Package delivered

09-05-18 : text from USCIS 

09-11-18 : NOA1 hardcopy

02-01-19 : Notice of approval

03-11-19 : NVC Received Package

03-13-2019  Received Case Number from NVC

04-02-2019  Package Left NVC to Consulate 

04-08-2019   Notified by Consulate received Package and received Package 3 via email.
06-04-2019   Interview

07-31-2019 Received VISA

Filed: Other Timeline
On 6/26/2019 at 11:27 AM, Etek&Ahududu said:

Hi all - crossposting from August 2018 Filers. Congrats to those who have finished this process, and best of luck to those still wading through it. We finally got our approval and my fiance flies to New York tomorrow. Here is our complete timeline, if it's helpful to any of you still waiting. Getting an appointment at the embassy took much longer than we expected, in particular. We checked hourly for several weeks before something opened up. I couldn't find a secret WhatsApp group for Turkey, alas. 😄 Also, we worried for a whole year about the fact that I (female petitioner) am 19 years older than my partner (male beneficiary). Everyone said it was a "red flag," and it never came up ONCE, not even in the interview. Go figure.

3 August 2018: I-129F package sent

9 August 2018: NOA1 notification

17 August 2018: NOA1 hard copy received

11 January 2019: RFE notification 

18 January 2019: RFE hard copy received (requesting separate letter of intent to marry from beneficiary) 

25 January 2019: RFE response sent to USCIS

28 January 2019: RFE response received by USCIS 

7 February 2019: NOA2 date (no notification or website update)

12 February 2019: NOA2 hard copy received 

18 March 2019: Case # assigned @ NVC

26 March 2019: Email from NVC that petition being forwarded to embassy

28 March 2019: P3 email from embassy (no paper packet sent)

31 March 2019: DS-160 submitted

3 May 2019: Interview appointment scheduled & P4 email from embassy (no paper version sent)

14 June 2019: Interview date (approved!)

19 June 2019: Status changed from AP to Issued

21 June 2019: Passport/visa delivered to local postal office and picked up

27 June 2019: Flight to U.S.

Just saw this -- Congrats!!!

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 11:53 AM, 1quickZ said:

Just to update anyone searching for a situation like this in the future: My Fiance went to the interview and the NOA2 expiration was not even brought up. I did type up a letter for her to print and bring to the interview as well as mailing the same letter express with tracking. Way overkill but too far along in the process to allow something as silly as this hold us up :)

-Kev

better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it :) congratulations

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.