SAT

The Glass MenageRant

2,929 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

The Rant Thread.  Circa 2013. 

Tell us your gripes, fears, hopes.  (And we'll quickly put you down.)

Tell us your deepest, darkest desires.  (We will return you to reality)

All are welcome -- chew the fat here, pass the time.

A brief history of this thread: it started off as a place for VJers to rant, vent, talk.  It has evolved into an everyday friendly (and rude) conversation.

THE RULES of the thread, from the undersigned.

1.  We like each other here.  So don't be a jerk.
2.  No Facebook links.
3.   This thread is not for debates, not for fighting.

4.   This is a conversation.  Keep it light-hearted.
5.   If you see antagonists, just put them on ignore.
6.   If you think that your stinkiness don't stink, please stay out.
7.   Not everyone on the planet is going to agree with you, so don't push issues.
8.   Please don't push your political and religious beliefs here.
9.   If you don't like the people here, please don't post here.  VJ is full of other threads.

10.   Please don't post anything that'll link anything to your identity.  We've had problems in the ancestral threads.

11.   Have a sense of humor; don't be such a stiff.  Remember?  Humor?

Don't take anything personally; half of the stuff said here is just jive (In the case of T-Bone, it's 100% jive).

From SAT, the OP.

This thread is politically incorrect.  Come in, come in, rant away.  Let us tell you how to suffer.  Let us make fun of you. We're rude and crass. Business, all business!

Edited by Ontarkie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well you should have planned better :P

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Update to the background check story... I found out that my employer doesn't even do background checks on initial hires. They only check references given by the hiree.

There's an immigration angle on this story too. The guy is originally from Kenya, came here on an education visa and track scholarship, transitioned to a work visa and then green card. His citizenship interview was in October (which he passed) and his oath ceremony was to be this month except he got arrested in November for the incident with his wife. I assume everything might be up in the air now including his green card status. As the English say, poor sod.

Edited by Russ&Caro

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

So the Maire Kondo lady from the tidying up book has a series on netflix now.  I just folded all my clothes that dont hang  I need real dressers I think for this to work properly but we use those closetmaid (only target brand) cube things. 

Honestly clothes arent really the issue in our house.  Its knickknacks and boxes and electronics  my husband wont let go of.

But i have books and china and papers I need to go through.  And the garage... oh the garage... bleh. 

Unpopular opinion, but the clothes just need to all be visible, not necessarily folded in that particular way.

You'll get there. The first one through is the hardest. This second one I did just zoomed by.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

53 minutes ago, SAT said:

How dare you lock the old thread before I sang the parting song in the old thread!

Fix the first post! Its full of the word many. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

21 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

Unpopular opinion, but the clothes just need to all be visible, not necessarily folded in that particular way.

You'll get there. The first one through is the hardest. This second one I did just zoomed by.

Well they werent visible before. I need longer drawers (or more of them) regardless.  But no income means no purchases. 

I dont want to get rid of most of my books. I tend to buy only series and mostly hardcover.  Anything i dont reread periodically gets tossed.  

I think papers and sentimental items will be my hardest.  Plus actually getting rid of junk. Aka items i dont care about and have wanted to toss or donate but dont because time or laziness. 

Hubs will likely never come over to the tidy side.  He gets bored after a time and stops and never looks back.  But he won't get an indoor gym without this. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Btw electronic can go.  Period.  If the laptop doesnt woek because he punched it 10 years ago... it needs to go.  I will toss it eventually. Likely if we move to the south we would rent a dump bin and go to town. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
14 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Btw electronic can go.  Period.  If the laptop doesnt woek because he punched it 10 years ago... it needs to go.  I will toss it eventually. Likely if we move to the south we would rent a dump bin and go to town. 

Yep. That is definitely the philosophy.

16 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Well they werent visible before. I need longer drawers (or more of them) regardless.  But no income means no purchases. 

I dont want to get rid of most of my books. I tend to buy only series and mostly hardcover.  Anything i dont reread periodically gets tossed.  

I think papers and sentimental items will be my hardest.  Plus actually getting rid of junk. Aka items i dont care about and have wanted to toss or donate but dont because time or laziness. 

Hubs will likely never come over to the tidy side.  He gets bored after a time and stops and never looks back.  But he won't get an indoor gym without this. 

How are you guys doing with the furlough?

I used to have a massive library, but I've reduced it many times over the years. I'm down to one bookcase now. I could probably do more, but I'm content with that. My math textbooks take up a whole shelf and when I finish my capstone exams, I can get rid of some.

Jewelry was my rough one. I want to hold on to things out of a perceived value, even if they don't fit me.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Okay.

I just have to say.....why does @SAT get to choose the name of the “Rant”?

I enjoyed the name previously but I am beginning to think it’s becoming a theme.....ohhh.....Tennessee Williams.

Good author but really?

What about Hemingway (“For Whom The Rant Tolls”) or my personal favorite.....William Faulkner(“As I lie Ranting”). 

Love ya @SAT just very few opportunities I get to use my “English Literature (specializing in Southern Literature)” minor.

Actually....this has been the only time I’ve ever used it 😉

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I started the rant thread way back when...like 6 years ago...

I think there was a past rant thread titled...I forget if I ever used Hemingway. 

But I used Shakespeare.

All this mention of literary giants reminds me of...

What do you call a guy in a dirty robe riding a pig backwards?

Lawrence of Poland

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

In my next house I will need...

You forgot rubias, :bonk:  man.

2 hours ago, SAT said:

What do you call a guy in a dirty robe riding a pig backwards?

Lawrence of Poland

And the pig is a Poland China, doubtlessly, gosh we're sharp man.

6 hours ago, NikLR said:

Fix the first post! Its full of the word many. 

It was fixed, Niki-B. ma'am, and now is ruined, sigh man.

Turncoat Niki-B.!  Turncoat, TURNCOAT Niki-B.!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).