453 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

USC filing for her husband. We are going the DCF router as we both live here in India. 

We filed our I-130 in person at USCIS office in Delhi along with a Demand Draft for $535 (converted to INR) application fee. We were given the receipt for that on the spot so I believe that was our NOA-1(?). No case number received. 

We were told to wait 4-6 weeks before we hear anything from either USCIS office in Delhi or directly from Mumbai consulate (as all IV visas are now been processed only at Mumbai consulate) 

I-130 Filed: Jan 8

Payment processed: Jan 8

Fingers crossed and good luck to all filers! 

Edited by Kuneesa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

USC husband filing for my wife. Got our NOA1 in the mail today, surprisingly haven't received any notification of acceptance by email even though I sent a G-1145.

Wife is from Vietnam, and we're currently living in Japan. We should've applied earlier, but we have been enjoying our time here in Japan, but now we feel as it's time. So time will tell how long and where we go on this journey. 

Sent: Jan 28

Priority Date: Jan 31
Service Center: Nebraska

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 2/7/2019 at 12:56 AM, Kuneesa said:

USC filing for her husband. We are going the DCF router as we both live here in India. 

We filed our I-130 in person at USCIS office in Delhi along with a Demand Draft for $535 (converted to INR) application fee. We were given the receipt for that on the spot so I believe that was our NOA-1(?). No case number received. 

We were told to wait 4-6 weeks before we hear anything from either USCIS office in Delhi or directly from Mumbai consulate (as all IV visas are now been processed only at Mumbai consulate) 

Where are you located currently (in India)? I travel back and forth between Oregon and my husband in Tumkur (Bangalore) or to see friends in Pune. You should receive a formal receipt via mail but you know how that goes in India. You could call USCIS and ask them by phone and they'll gladly provide it if there's been any confusion.

How long will your process take being abroad?

Timeline
17 minutes ago, IndiaAnnie said:

Where are you located currently (in India)? I travel back and forth between Oregon and my husband in Tumkur (Bangalore) or to see friends in Pune. You should receive a formal receipt via mail but you know how that goes in India. You could call USCIS and ask them by phone and they'll gladly provide it if there's been any confusion.

How long will your process take being abroad?

We are in Delhi. Yes, we are waiting on the receipt now. We mailed the USCIS Delhi office after a long wait yesterday and they mailed us back saying that out I-130 petition has been adjudicated. Keeping our fingers crossed. 

Being abroad the whole process can take anywhere from 2 months to 8-10 months, depending on the case. But generally, DCF is faster than regular filing as the whole NVC process is skipped. 

Happy to see there’s finally a group for January filers!! I’m also following the October filers group but I think this group is where I belong. I had a very bad experience with a lawyer, he claims to have sent my petition in October but I know he’s lying and actually send it in January.  Currently in the process of firing and submitting a complaint against my lawyer, as well as trying to get some of the money back I paid him. Also in the process of fixing mistakes made by the lawyer (hoping to not get an RFE). 

I am a Canadian beneficiary, and my husband is my American petitioner. 

Petition mailed: ?? (I believe around January 10 maybe)

Receipt notice date: January 22

Priority date: January 17

Service centre: Texas 

Looking forward to meeting all of you!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Dbrennan said:

Happy to see there’s finally a group for January filers!! I’m also following the October filers group but I think this group is where I belong. I had a very bad experience with a lawyer, he claims to have sent my petition in October but I know he’s lying and actually send it in January.  Currently in the process of firing and submitting a complaint against my lawyer, as well as trying to get some of the money back I paid him. Also in the process of fixing mistakes made by the lawyer (hoping to not get an RFE). 

So frustrating to hire help and not get honest and ethical treatment. One thing I've learned about this process is that majority of immigration lawyers aren't up to speed on the proper process. I'm sorry you are going through that and hope that you get quick resolution due to our countries close connection. 

We're on Round 2 after crappy K1 experience Aug 2017-Oct 2018 so we just moved ahead with a fantastic wedding abroad with family and friends in India this November and doing it all over again. Sigh!! Cheers to quick processing!

3 hours ago, Dbrennan said:

So sorry this happened to you. I met with a lawyer who insisted I apply for a K3, clearly with either no idea it was obsolete, or thinking he could sting me for paperwork fees on both I-130 AND I-129F. Either way, didn't hire him. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

And I am at it again🤗 been here through my I751 and  citizenship and now I'm filing for my parents sent my mom application on January 19th got there on January 21st but I got rejected due to payment declined from my credit card so I resubmit my application on February 4th receive February 6th and my check cash on February 11th haven't received any update yet, I'm using the kids number that was provided for me when they sent but my rejected application and it still saying application was rejected blah blah blah I hope to hear something, waiting on my new birth paper with my father name added to it to apply for him. 

On 1/3/2019 at 2:11 PM, twoworldsonelove said:

USC Filing for my husband who is Colombian.

Mailed: Dec 28th

Tracked Delivery on Dec 31st

Payment processed via CC Form G-1450: 01/03/2019

NOA1 & Service Center: Pending

Welcome all January Filers and good luck!!

-Lisa

I submit my I -130 on the 18th January 2019 and received a receipt number on the 22nd of January. So I'm awaiting approval. Can't wait to be with my husband.  I have a 10 year visitor Visa and I travel a lot 5 or more time a year and he also traveled about the same amount of time too. But since we got married last year November I didn't travel back to the US because I don't want to mess up my paperwork. Because the CBP officer have the last say ,so I wouldn't take the chance. 

Timeline
On 2/7/2019 at 2:26 PM, Kuneesa said:

UPDATE 

Got the I-130 approval notice (NOA 2?) yesterday in the mail. Although the petition was approved on 8th Feb (EXACTLY one month from filing), the notice didn't reach us till 19th Feb. Now waiting for the Mumbai consulate to receive our case (which can take a couple of weeks according to USCIS Delhi office) and assign us a case number so that we can book the medical/interview. Fingers crossed! 

20 minutes ago, Kuneesa said:

UPDATE 

Got the I-130 approval notice (NOA 2?) yesterday in the mail. Although the petition was approved on 8th Feb (EXACTLY one month from filing), the notice didn't reach us till 19th Feb. Now waiting for the Mumbai consulate to receive our case (which can take a couple of weeks according to USCIS Delhi office) and assign us a case number so that we can book the medical/interview. Fingers crossed! 

Wow congratulations 🎉🎉🎉 

We’re happy to both you. Good luck to your medical and interview. Good luck everyone in the thread 🙏🙏🙏🙏❤️❤️❤️

On 1/3/2019 at 2:11 PM, twoworldsonelove said:

USC Filing for my husband who is Colombian.

Mailed: Dec 28th

Tracked Delivery on Dec 31st

Payment processed via CC Form G-1450: 01/03/2019

NOA1 & Service Center: Pending

Welcome all January Filers and good luck!!

-Lisa

I file my wife I 130 on 18th January 2019 and received NOA 1 on the 22nd January 2019. Can't wait for this process to finish I heard it would take at least 6 to 9 months to approve. Hope USCIS work faster because I we have to travel 5 to 6 times a year to see each other. It is very expensive and very difficult to keep a long distance relationship for years. Wish they would understand what we go through. 

On 2/20/2019 at 12:46 AM, SteBen said:

Wow congratulations 🎉🎉🎉 

We’re happy to both you. Good luck to your medical and interview. Good luck everyone in the thread 🙏🙏🙏🙏❤️❤️❤️

I'm very happy for you Guys God will continue to bless and cover you through this journey. 

Blessed day to aLL. 

I am currently finishing up Our Packet for i-130 to send hopefully by March. I am Looking for Help with some of the clarifications in The Forms On what should i really Answer. Hopefully You can help me.. 

1. In Page 4 Part 3- Form i130- 2-about the Race im confuse on what to tick as my Husband is Spanish American .? 

2. Other Names Used- should i put already my Married Name there even though i dont Have Id's yet that indicate i change My family name? (We've been married for 3months)

ThankYou In Advance EveryOne.. 

GodBless us aLL in This Journey

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:44 PM, Mr. Bama said:

I filed mine 1/25 they got it 1/29 had my information via text I am at the Potomac office and  on 2/4 got my letter I already signed up with uscis. I deal with accounting so I stay busy and focused and planning my 2 trips one coming june and the last one Nov for our anniversary and some so longs to family and friends. I wish everyone good luck it's a long road from what I hear and see but it's how you can handle it.  it's already March wow

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.