453 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Starting the thread for January 2019 Filling - been through this process on the K1 journey all the way through an interview at the Mumbai Embassy last April 2018. We were stuck in AP and had a rare chance to spend 45-days together so we jumped ship and married in India (Nov 24th). So, here we are again going through the same process and praying that it goes faster.

Mailed: Dec 26th (tracked delivery on Dec 28th)

Notification: Pending

NOA1 & Service Center: Pending

Happy Journey!!

Annie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

USC Filing for my husband who is Colombian.

Mailed: Dec 28th

Tracked Delivery on Dec 31st

Payment processed via CC Form G-1450: 01/03/2019

NOA1 & Service Center: Pending

Welcome all January Filers and good luck!!

-Lisa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Called today 1/4 because I haven't recieved a text or email notification. Recieved receipt number via phone and case is sent to Texas Service Center 

Timeline

Our case was accepted January 4th and sent to Nebraska service center. I know they workload balance to keep volumes in line with workforce but hoping that we all get quick processing (feels better to think so anyways). 

Waiting for receipt to arrive in the mail but received text last Friday with case number.

Timeline
On 1/4/2019 at 10:43 AM, JJDC&JF said:

Called today 1/4 because I haven't recieved a text or email notification. Recieved receipt number via phone and case is sent to Texas Service Center 

I'm glad you called. It's nerve wracking to wait for that notification but you'll receive receipt in the mail shortly. 

We mailed the I130 on Jan 8th.

Tracked as delivered to AZ lockbox on Jan 10th.

Now we wait...

We got the text today with the receipt number. I guess the letter will tell us which service center it will go to. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarah G said:

We got the text today with the receipt number. I guess the letter will tell us which service center it will go to. 

The first three letters of receipt will tell you. Mine is LIN (Lincoln Nebraska).

Just now, IndiaAnnie said:

The first three letters of receipt will tell you. Mine is LIN (Lincoln Nebraska).

Then mine is also Nebraska! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarah G said:

Then mine is also Nebraska! 

I'm praying that it goes faster than the projection on my timeline. We just spent the last 18mths in the K1 process all the way to embassy and married after 8mths in AP.  It's crazy to think we're 8000+ miles apart and buying our first house together this week (he's just not allowed in the country where we own the home ha ha ha)!! 🙄

6 minutes ago, IndiaAnnie said:

I'm praying that it goes faster than the projection on my timeline. We just spent the last 18mths in the K1 process all the way to embassy and married after 8mths in AP.  It's crazy to think we're 8000+ miles apart and buying our first house together this week (he's just not allowed in the country where we own the home ha ha ha)!! 🙄

Oh my gosh, I really feel for you. How on earth do you cope?! I'm already struggling with the likelihood of waiting 14 months! Do you get to visit much? We try to see each other twice a year for 2.5 months or so each time if we can afford it. He's moving into our new house on Feb 1st, but I can't go to stay in it until late April (assuming CBP let's me in when I return. They like to haul me off to secondary every chance they get, but haven't refused entry yet!) 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Sarah G said:

Oh my gosh, I really feel for you. How on earth do you cope?! I'm already struggling with the likelihood of waiting 14 months! Do you get to visit much? We try to see each other twice a year for 2.5 months or so each time if we can afford it. He's moving into our new house on Feb 1st, but I can't go to stay in it until late April (assuming CBP let's me in when I return. They like to haul me off to secondary every chance they get, but haven't refused entry yet!) 

It's been tough but I have a busy career and a few fun teenagers to keep me occupied. He's been building farms to teach villagers how to make income and is beyond ready to go. We've traveled every 6mths or so between me going to our home in India (June 2016, April 2017, March 2018, Nov 2018) and meeting in Thailand (Oct 2016, Nov 2017) for vacation. My daughter is anxious to go back to Thailand so if this takes forever we may need to make another trip this summer with a few of her friends. Financially it's better if we just wait at this point since we're taking on a large mortgage and managing two households. Really, the US economy would soar if they'd speed up the process so we can spend our money at home instead of traveling all over the world!! 

What country are you traveling to and from? It's a blessing that you can stay 2.5mths at a time!!

13 minutes ago, IndiaAnnie said:

It's been tough but I have a busy career and a few fun teenagers to keep me occupied. He's been building farms to teach villagers how to make income and is beyond ready to go. We've traveled every 6mths or so between me going to our home in India (June 2016, April 2017, March 2018, Nov 2018) and meeting in Thailand (Oct 2016, Nov 2017) for vacation. My daughter is anxious to go back to Thailand so if this takes forever we may need to make another trip this summer with a few of her friends. Financially it's better if we just wait at this point since we're taking on a large mortgage and managing two households. Really, the US economy would soar if they'd speed up the process so we can spend our money at home instead of traveling all over the world!! 

What country are you traveling to and from? It's a blessing that you can stay 2.5mths at a time!!

It would definitely be better! I always tell them when they interview me at secondary that I make all money in the UK and bring it to the US to spend! 

I travel to and from the UK. He hasn't been here yet, we were planning for him to come in the Spring but its prohibitively expensive with all the other things we need to pay for now. So I keep going back and forth as my job is flexible enough that I can take three months off at a time and still have work when I go back to the UK. However, I work 7 days a week when I'm here to be able to have the funds to visit for the periods I do. Essentially, I have already given up my life in the UK, while I wait for my life in the US to start. 

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Mr. Bama said:

I would like to start this Forum, because I file for my wife visa this month January 2019. I just want to be able to bring a group together that has filed this month january 2019 so we can be a support system to each other. Share experience, give updates, suggestions, or any help.

I hope more people join me.

My wife will be filing a CR-1 visa in mid-February, so I absolutely want to exchange questions, problems, and experiences. I want to expedite the process whereever possible. For example, I see that as soon as I can get my hands on Packet 3, I can file a police clearance application. Here's the listed requirements for that clearance certificate:

INSTRUCTION FOR THAI POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THAI POLICE CLEARANCE APPLICATION APPLICANT RESIDING IN THAILAND

The applicant can contact Police Clearance Service Center in person with the following documents:

NON THAI APPLICANT

Passport with one photocopy

Document(s) certify that the applicant is working, used to work or residing in Thailand.

Thai working permit (if available) with one photocopy

Requesting letter from the embassy of the country to which the applicant plans to travel. A notice from the US Embassy regarding your case (i.e. a packet 3 cover letter) can be used for this purpose.

A photocopied passport of your American petitioner

Working permit (if available) with one photocopy

Requesting letter from the embassy of the country to whichthe applicant plans to travel. A notice from the US Embassy regarding your case (i.e. a packet 3 cover letter) can be used for this purpose.

A photocopied passport of your American petitioner

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.