Greenbaum

JANUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,020 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

They are probably extending the hours due to getting overloaded with calls due to the backlog. 

They shortened the hours.   Was previously 7am to midnight.   here's GB except from the first page..........

1-603-334-0700 or 603-334-0888. Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time)

Maybe they shortened them to make sure all the January 18 NOA2 are in the shipment today.

Edited by DanielPlainview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

yes i sent already the ds160 (maybe it was a mistake to send it to early). I want to pay but i need the NVC Case Number and Invoice ID Number (and this last one i dont know how i will get it).

Mailed: August 8th, 2018 (2018-08-09)

NOA1 Old Site: August 10th, 2018   (8/10/2018)

NOA1 New Site: August 15th, 2018 (8/15/2018)

NOA2:  

NVC Case Number Received:  

Consulate Received: 

Packet 3 Received: 

Packet 4 Received:

Medical:

Interview:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I guess payment process is different for different countries. I didn't even need to input any case numbers, just paid for K1 visa option using credit card on the embassy's website. We only send them a payment confirmation page with a receipt number. 

As for shorter calling hours at NVC, maybe they have so many calls these days that they just can't bear it anymore. I don't blame them though, I wouldn't want to deal with my needy self when I called :D 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, R&<3 said:

yes i sent already the ds160 (maybe it was a mistake to send it to early). I want to pay but i need the NVC Case Number and Invoice ID Number (and this last one i dont know how i will get it).

nope, you're fine doing the DS-160 early.   Yeah, I'm confused by the Invoice ID.   Where are you seeing that?   I see Lima does not have specific instructions and refers you to the general site.   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
32 minutes ago, DanielPlainview said:

I've had terrible luck trying to call USCIS........never felt like I got a straight answer from those people.    How do you know NVC got your case on Feb 6?   Email or phone call?   I always trust written communications far more than verbal.   Remember that others of us just rec'd the NVC case number two working days ago, so it's not totally bad news for you.

In addition to your calls, I'd write to them at the link below.  They take 3-4 working days to respond so maybe you would hear by Friday....Monday latest.   Likely you will already have your case by then, but if not, hopefully they will provide you with additional info.   I rec'd my case number in response to an email I sent using the link below.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

So have I! Every time I’ve called USCIS someone gives me a different answer, even when speaking to tier 2. The last time I called asking if my case had actually been shipped out the tier 2 told me he couldn’t tell me for sure because I’m not the only one in the United States applying for a visa 🙃 so I’ve given up on them 😂 

Edited by Savanna0501

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

My embassy is Lima Peru and i check this. That invoice ID number its what i dont understand where to get it or what it is. It name appareas also when i try to sign in the CEAC

image.thumb.png.57e99028e27b8ed9b387cf555d1e51d4.png

image.png.b1c718ca24c986f72540e0ef0f77b4b6.png

Mailed: August 8th, 2018 (2018-08-09)

NOA1 Old Site: August 10th, 2018   (8/10/2018)

NOA1 New Site: August 15th, 2018 (8/15/2018)

NOA2:  

NVC Case Number Received:  

Consulate Received: 

Packet 3 Received: 

Packet 4 Received:

Medical:

Interview:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
19 minutes ago, DanielPlainview said:

They shortened the hours.   Was previously 7am to midnight.   here's GB except from the first page..........

1-603-334-0700 or 603-334-0888. Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time)

Maybe they shortened them to make sure all the January 18 NOA2 are in the shipment today.

oh, this whole time I was thinking 7am to noon. that's crazy that they had a government call center open that late in the first place. Even going to 9 is way above normal. Usually it's rare for government anything to be open past 6pm.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, R&<3 said:

My embassy is Lima Peru and i check this. That invoice ID number its what i dont understand where to get it or what it is. It name appareas also when i try to sign in the CEAC

Yes, that seems quite strange.   I guess the letter you posted earlier is the only letter you rec'd??   Sounds like this is a question for Greenbaum.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, R&<3 said:

from what I've read, there should be an attachment to the letter you rec'd from the NVC which is the invoice.  If you did not get that, try calling NVC and ask for your invoice number.   They'll probably be real happy someone is calling about real work, and not just a status update.

Notice that the letter from the NVC contains three different documents: (1) a cover letter; (2) an Affidavit of Support Fee Invoice; and (3) an Immigrant Visa Fee Invoice. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, Mark&Jean said:

I'm curious about the flights. I read somewhere that I may want to call the airline to book the ticket for my fiance because I might encounter issues booking online. I know last year I booked her a flight to Manila and the airline put a hold on the ticket as possible fraud because I purchased it online. She had to take cash to the airline and pay. Anyone know anything about this?

Dude this happened to me. I was so aggravated on Sunday. My Fiance and her aunt were booked for a flight I paid for the week prior online with AirAsia. Only after they had to repay in cash with money I gave them for the SLEC Medical was I told about my booking being cancelled and 'refunded'. They claim to have 'refunded' me on the 11th of Feb but I've yet to see a credit in my bank. From now on I'd have to send her money in cash form to pay for tickets it seems... so silly.

K-1 Visa Journey

Spoiler

tYjbOzI.png

H1GRDFO.png

AOS Journey

Spoiler

06/13/2019 Original AOS (Only I-485) sent off to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

06/15/2019 I-485 delivered 

06/24/2019 Received NOA1 Hard Copy 

07/09/2019 Original I-765 sent off to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

07/11/2019 I-765 delivered

07/12/2019 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 7/24/2019 @  10:00

07/15/2019 Received NOA1 for I-765

07/16/2019 Biometrics completed early, no issues

07/17/2019 Case Status updated to 'Fingerprint Review Was Completed'; I-485 is being processed.

01/17/2020 Case Status on I-485 updated to 'Interview Was Scheduled'

01/25/2020 Received interview notice scheduled for 2/24/2020 in the mail with the interview date and instructions

02/10/2020 Case Status on I-765 updated to 'New Card Is Being Produced' (214 days from delivery)

02/11/2020 Case Status on I-765 updated to 'Case Was Approved'

02/12/2020 Case Status on I-765 updated to 'Card Was Mailed To Me', but no tracking info as of yet.

02/13/2020 Case Status on I-765 updated to 'Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service', tracking info received.

02/14/2020 Received NOA2, approval notice in the mail, for I-765

02/15/2020 EAD Card in hand, by USPS

02/24/2020 I-485 Interview; passed and approved! Status updated to 'New Card is Being Produced'

02/25/2020 I-485 updated to 'Case Was Approved'

02/27/2020 I-485 updated to 'Card Was Mailed To Me', no tracking info.

03/02/2020 Green Card in Hand.

Timeline
1 minute ago, manofdahour said:

So any news on shipment yet? Anyone's status updated? 

😁    gonna be a lot of this today.

case rec'd 2/14.............At NVC.     But I've only checked it about 15 times, so..........

712158742_Buckleup.png.3436bb92c6144eeb745f6dd31440b7b5.png

Ok people. Let's get up and get on the computers to CEAC and start checking the status as it is NVC Shipment Day to the Embassies.

Go to www.dhl.com click Express then Tracking, then Track by Shipper's Reference, and on this page you add your search information. You change the day and month to what you think your package might have left NVC or call NVC to get the date your package had left NVC in route to your Embassy then go to the DHL website and enter the following information:

NOTE: Status for shipments will not update until 24 hours so using DHL on Wednesday is advisable as you will see nothing today.

EXAMPLE:

* Shipper´s Reference : EXP 24 MAR 2011A  (This is the date you think it left NVC, just substitute the date and leave everything else as is)

* Date range for shipment - From: 23 - 03 - 2011

* Date range for shipment - To: 26 - 03 - 2011

Account Number - Leave this blank

Shipment Destination: Philippines (Works for any country Just replace your country where the Embassy is located using the drop down box).

I hope these tips help you along your Journey. So, let’s share our experiences, our tips and ask questions.

774000663_Untitledpicture.png.deeaa3f093b4d92f0bf07aaf1a73a430.png

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.