Greenbaum

JANUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,020 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Olga&Jared said:

I guess payment process is different for different countries.

it most definitely is different per country. some u pay online with invoive number, some u make a bank deposit based on slip from invoice, and some u pay in-person at the interview. 

Be sure to follow the instructions for your consulate. Dont get confused with what others are supposed to do for theirs.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, celie&joseph said:

If it helps, the last time I called USCIS they said if it was longer than 30 days and NVC hasnt received it, they can place an inquiry on it. 

They being USCIS. The man sounded knowledgeable 😅 so I believed him haha either he said the truth or I'm a sucker for lies that make me calm lol🙆‍♀️

Idk how reliable they are lol but that might be something worth searching for 😕

Omg😍😍 my fiance just called nvc today and we got our case number! I checked it at ceac.travel.gov and it says that our case is in transit to the Consular Section. 

My case number starts with MNL2019.... is it because im from Manila, Philippines? and that is not yet the manila case number or embassy case number for the interview?? i dont know what it’s called.. but i know that after the NVC case number we have to wait for another case number before we can proceed to the interview right?? 

im sorry if i have many questions cause i’m so excited and i can’t wait to be with my fiance!! ❤️

23 minutes ago, SveDem said:

Dude this happened to me. I was so aggravated on Sunday. My Fiance and her aunt were booked for a flight I paid for the week prior online with AirAsia. Only after they had to repay in cash with money I gave them for the SLEC Medical was I told about my booking being cancelled and 'refunded'. They claim to have 'refunded' me on the 11th of Feb but I've yet to see a credit in my bank. From now on I'd have to send her money in cash form to pay for tickets it seems... so silly.

In the past we recommended that you send a scanned copy of the credit card, front and back, to your fiancé' and that has worked in the past but you are a first in about 2 years that has had a problem coming out of the PI.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Just now, kittyanne said:

Omg😍😍 my fiancé just called NVC today and we got our case number! I checked it at ceac.travel.gov and it says that our case is in transit to the Consular Section. 

My case number starts with MNL2019.... is it because I'm from Manila, Philippines? Yes that is the case number you need to set your interview appointment and your medical exam appointment but the medical requires the NVC letter that has the MNL contained within. and that is not yet the manila case number or embassy case number for the interview?? I don't know what it’s called.. It's called the case number starting with 3 letters MNL and 10 numbers. but I know that after the NVC case number we have to wait for another case number before we can proceed to the interview right?? There is no other case number.

I'm sorry if I have many questions cause I'm so excited and I can’t wait to be with my fiancé!! ❤️ Slow down you still have about 30-45 day in front of you before you are finished and then can leave for the US.

I'm going to answer you questions but as I have stated before you will get better answers if you are asking your questions in the sub-forum for your country. You are one of the lucky ones because there are great experts in the Philippine sub-forum. It's located here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

As much as people want to help they are from other countries and their embassy's work differently. If you get wrong information you set your self up for a big disappointment. Ok I am done complaining.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, R&<3 said:

I’m kind of lost at this point. I week ago I received this mail (I was thinking that the embassy of my country will call me for the interview).  Just yesterday I figure out that I have to sign in the Consular Electronic Application Center, I put the case number (I put the first code that I received in this mail) then it as me for an invoice ID number. First question what is this number where can I find it, Second question Should I have to wait for the embassy call or what should I do next I’m colleting all the documents and also I did the ds160.

Thanks in advance

Invoice ID is the receipt number from your NOA1. Contact the embassy via this information. Now one more thing. In your profile on the left column select your flag. You now will be taken to another page. In the up portion in the middle column you'll see Peru Consulate Information or something like that. Coose that link and it will take you to the instructions on everything that is needed to process your interview.

Best Contact Method: By e-mail once you have a case number. You can email them and they usually respond the same or next day.

http://lima.usembassy.gov/feedbackform.html
limaiv@state.gov
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

59 minutes ago, DanielPlainview said:

from what I've read, there should be an attachment to the letter you rec'd from the NVC which is the invoice.  If you did not get that, try calling NVC and ask for your invoice number.   They'll probably be real happy someone is calling about real work, and not just a status update.

Notice that the letter from the NVC contains three different documents: (1) a cover letter; (2) an Affidavit of Support Fee Invoice; and (3) an Immigrant Visa Fee Invoice. 

He needs to ignore what he gets from NVC (except of course the paper that has his case number outlined) and spend some time on his Embassy's website as everything he needs is there.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I'm going to answer you questions but as I have stated before you will get better answers if you are asking your questions in the sub-forum for your country. You are one of the lucky ones because there are great experts in the Philippine sub-forum. It's located here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

As much as people want to help they are from other countries and their embassy's work differently. If you get wrong information you set your self up for a big disappointment. Ok I am done complaining.

if i already have the letter from NVC i can now schedule my medical exam even if my case do not say ‘ready’ yet, right? 

thank you you’re always a help!😊 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

OK thanks, I will do that.

Mailed: August 8th, 2018 (2018-08-09)

NOA1 Old Site: August 10th, 2018   (8/10/2018)

NOA1 New Site: August 15th, 2018 (8/15/2018)

NOA2:  

NVC Case Number Received:  

Consulate Received: 

Packet 3 Received: 

Packet 4 Received:

Medical:

Interview:

33 minutes ago, kittyanne said:

if i already have the letter from NVC i can now schedule my medical exam even if my case do not say ‘ready’ yet, right? 

thank you you’re always a help!😊 

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

27 minutes ago, R&<3 said:

OK thanks, I will do that.

Please use the quote to respond to someone else's post so we know what you are referring to.  You'll find the selection under the thread and it looks like this:

2018-07-06_16-40-48.jpg.658f726282fd2c80965bbc4c4d1ab94b.jpg

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, R&<3 said:

yes i sent already the ds160 (maybe it was a mistake to send it to early). I want to pay but i need the NVC Case Number and Invoice ID Number (and this last one i dont know how i will get it).

Where did you send the Ds-160 to?

Do you have the NVC letter? Look for the case number and the invoice ID number their. You might try using the receipt number from your NOA2/1.  If you remove your personal information and upload a picture of the letter we can better see what is available that may look like a invoice ID.

2019-02-19_11-09-01.jpg

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.