WOA

CHILD NOT INCLUDED ON I-129F

19 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I will attend my interview for K 1 visa in few days time in Ghana, My problem is my fiancee has forgotten to

include my second child on the I-129F additional information sheet. Can this be a problem? Can l tell the CO I have two children if he/she ask ?

I have not plan to travel with any of them now. Advice please.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 minutes ago, WOA said:

Hi everyone, I will attend my interview for K 1 visa in few days time in Ghana, My problem is my fiancee has forgotten to

include my second child on the I-129F additional information sheet. Can this be a problem? Can l tell the CO I have two children if he/she ask ?

I have not plan to travel with any of them now. Advice please.

Yes, it is a problem.  All children of a K1 beneficiary must be listed on the K1 application.  The consular officer is going to return the petition to USCIS. What a waste of time.

Edited by GP1977

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

OP's hardship is that they have suddenly found themselves entering their interview with crucial information not disclosed on the petition as required. As the petition is filed under penalty of perjury, by the petitioner, the beneficiary so far cannot be blamed. If, however, they do not report this situation at their interview, they may be banned from entering the USA for misrepresentation. If they do, and that's what they should do, they should be denied. But not banned. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is my understanding that all beneficiary's children must also be listed on beneficiary's I-134 regardless of whether they are eligible or not. Duplicate I-134s are only required for those who immigrate

Edited by HP+IC

We had a similar situation where a second child was included in the petition but was not included in the NVC tracking.  She was listed on a second sheet (thanks RapidVisa) and they never saw it.  All I needed to do was call the Embassy to add her name.  It was quite easy and CEAC showed her about a week after I asked her to be added.  For K-2s there are no additional filing fees for the I-120f and they do not do much of a background check on the beneficiaries.  The child can be added at anytime prior to the interview.  You will need the DS-160 and fees paid before the interview though.

Just call NVC or the Embassy (depending on where the petition is) and add the second child.  It is easy too add a K-2.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

And consider your answers now before the interview. Imagine, if a reader like me can question some decisions (the sensitive child(ren) issue discussed on your post), the CO may possibly raise the same issue with you at the interview; especially when one of your child’s information was not disclosed on the application. Good luck! 🤞☘️

4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Just call NVC or the Embassy (depending on where the petition is) and add the second child.  It is easy too add a K-2.

Or this! 👍

1 minute ago, CJlove said:

Or this! 👍

It was the one single time that I actually felt like the process made sense and works.

I was told that with K-2s they really don't do a lot of processing since they assume they are minors.  They can be added anytime but they do need the DS-160 filed and MVC receipt.  They should appear in CEAC before the interview but they can be added right up to that point.  Since they are just considered derivative beneficiaries they get a little slack.  This obviously doesn't work with CR/IR visas as there each person is their own petition.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Ghana suggest the OP is male so on that basis makes more sense.

MacUK does make a good point about the difficulties of moving such a long way when there are 2 parents involved. Unlikely to be a good solution.

Might be asked about it at the interview, but we do not know they why this happened.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~10 posts removed for not answering the OP. Stick to posting constructively or do not post.~~

Mod Hat off

This happens a lot. As K1's do not spend much time at NVC the OP may only get the chance to correct the form at the interview. Many members on VJ have omitted a child or children for some reason or another. It is not something that is impossible to fix. Just bring any documents to fix it at the interview.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Yes, it's absolutely possible to have the child added later at the interview.

With a tough country like Ghana, it may raise questions about why they weren't added (i.e. if they were known to the petitioner beforehand or not).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
27 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Yes, it's absolutely possible to have the child added later at the interview.

With a tough country like Ghana, it may raise questions about why they weren't added (i.e. if they were known to the petitioner beforehand or not).

Should be less an issue since the child is not immigrating.   I would expect a DNA test if they try to exercise the  k2 follow to join 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.