Jump to content
kevin876

Notice of intent to deny visa petition

48 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Trying to help a friend who received the notice of intent to deny visa petition. To be honest I would deny their visa from what I read on the notice but I know them and they really love each other. 

 

In the letter 

•They got what they did on there anniversary wrong

•they got what she bought him for his birthday wrong

• They got what they did the day before the interview wrong

•They got where she went to school wrong. She said she went to 2 college while he said just one

• They send the new lease instead of the old one

 

She said she was nervous and panic


Tasha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s a lot to get wrong for a removal of conditions interview, it sounds like they were separated for a stokes interview and each asked the same questions to check their answers against each other this is normally only done if they have suspicions already. 

 

What evidence did they send with their application? Can you get them to join so questions can be asked directly as this tends to get good advice quicker?


K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

 

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to contact a good immigration attorney, like now. The NOID must be answer promptly and professionally and accompanied by tons of evidence of a real relationship to rebut their assumptions. It’s possible even after a great response, they will call them two back for another interview, and they should come with their attorney. Time for DIY is over. They obviously failed. Need lawyer like right now.

 

If you need recommendation, just ask.

 

How much time did they give to respond to the NOID?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stokes is not normal, a very rare occurrence so there must have been other issues to trigger this.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Illiria said:

That’s a lot to get wrong for a removal of conditions interview, it sounds like they were separated for a stokes interview and each asked the same questions to check their answers against each other this is normally only done if they have suspicions already. 

 

What evidence did they send with their application? Can you get them to join so questions can be asked directly as this tends to get good advice quicker?

It wasn’t a removal of condition, it was there first interview. I have the letter so here goes 

 

• you stated that when you first met the beneficiary you were living in your friend’s basement and the beneficiary was living with his aunt. You stated that when you and the beneficiary would get together, you would stay overnight in a hotel. The beneficiary stated that you would stay overnight at each other’s places.

• you stated that the beneficiary proposed to you in Dec 2017. The beneficiary stated that he proposed to you in Dec 2016

•you stated that you did not get the beneficiary anything for his birthday. The beneficiary stated that you got him cologne for his birthday

 


Tasha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kevin876 said:

It wasn’t a removal of condition, it was there first interview. I have the letter so here goes 

 

 

Their first interview for what Visa? Usually in a CR1 they do not interview the petitioner....not always of course but usually they don't.....🤷🏻‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kid1412 said:

Time to contact a good immigration attorney, like now. The NOID must be answer promptly and professionally and accompanied by tons of evidence of a real relationship to rebut their assumptions. It’s possible even after a great response, they will call them two back for another interview, and they should come with their attorney. Time for DIY is over. They obviously failed. Need lawyer like right now.

 

If you need recommendation, just ask.

 

How much time did they give to respond to the NOID?

They got 30 days, they are really nervous and it was a lawyer who help them with all there information 


Tasha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kevin876 said:

It wasn’t a removal of condition, it was there first interview. I have the letter so here goes 

 

• you stated that when you first met the beneficiary you were living in your friend’s basement and the beneficiary was living with his aunt. You stated that when you and the beneficiary would get together, you would stay overnight in a hotel. The beneficiary stated that you would stay overnight at each other’s places.

• you stated that the beneficiary proposed to you in Dec 2017. The beneficiary stated that he proposed to you in Dec 2016

•you stated that you did not get the beneficiary anything for his birthday. The beneficiary stated that you got him cologne for his birthday

 

As other posters have said that is a lot to go wrong and if they were already in a Stokes interview then something must have gone wrong initially. This is beyond DIY time and time for a attorney. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EandH0904 said:

Their first interview for what Visa? Usually in a CR1 they do not interview the petitioner....not always of course but usually they don't.....🤷🏻‍♀️

No not a visa, she said it’s I485 I130


Tasha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kevin876 said:

No not a visa, she said it’s I485 I130

They are applying for something....you said they weren't removing conditions so they are....adjusting status for his green card? 

 

Were they just really nervous? Was it a language issue? 

 

What Visa did he come here on initially that they married and tried to adjust status?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kevin876 said:

They got 30 days, they are really nervous and it was a lawyer who help them with all there information 

Bad lawyer. Did the lawyer sit them down and prepare for their interview? How did they get so many things wrong? I know you said nervous but how do you confused whether you usually got laid at the hotel or at home? That smells a little.

Anyway, I’d fire that lawyer and get someone else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there lawyer is a fraud cause the evidence they send off and what they

1 minute ago, EandH0904 said:

They are applying for something....you said they weren't removing conditions so they are....adjusting status for his green card? 

 

Were they just really nervous? Was it a language issue? 

 

What Visa did he come here on initially that they married and tried to adjust status?

Adjusting for green card, he came on a B1, the wife is US citizen. They got married and tried to adjust status


Tasha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kevin876 said:

Adjusting for green card, he came on a B1, the wife is US citizen. They got married and tried to adjust status

Ah you posted this in the removing conditions section of the message boards, will ask for it to be moved to the adjusting from B1 section


K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

 

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kid1412 said:

Bad lawyer. Did the lawyer sit them down and prepare for their interview? How did they get so many things wrong? I know you said nervous but how do you confused whether you usually got laid at the hotel or at home? That smells a little.

Anyway, I’d fire that lawyer and get someone else

Yes I think the lawyer is awful, I told them to let me help themwith his paper work but I guess 4K later and they are in a mess

1 minute ago, Illiria said:

Ah you posted this in the removing conditions section of the message boards, will ask for it to be moved to the adjusting from B1 section

Ok thanks


Tasha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moved from Removing Conditions on Residency Discussion to Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas forum.


Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×