476 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Gojo said:

I’ve been following September filers and I’m starting to get notifications from them stating that they received their NOA2 already. But it’s from Potomac center. I filed October, hopefully we will be hearing something soon....Maybe next month🙄

I was just looking over there as well about an hour ago 😝  I think we will get approved sooner than we think 🤞🏻

Edited by Viri8

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 minute ago, Viri8 said:

I was just looking over there as well about an hour ago 😝  I think we will get approved sooner than we think 🤞🏻

I hope so. The only thing I’m worried about is it looks like it’s Potomac service center that’s moving along.  I’m Texas.  I just hope Texas will be just as fast too. 

2 hours ago, Viri8 said:

No new information no update. We are currently waiting for the NOA2. According to the processing time April-June. Hopping sooner. I will keep everyone posted if there is any update.

This is what happened, so my husband filed for me and during the proces I got pregnant so when I went in for the interview My son was three months we thought he would have been eligible for the crba but unfortunately my husband only been in America for little over three years and the requirement is 5 years to transmit citizenship to a child. They denied my visa until we petition for our son. So we are doing that (my husband got his citizenship through the navy) right now we’re hoping my son papers finishes before a year because if no action is done my case would get throw out in a year. On the 221g that I received it said documents needed : 1: visa petition for your son

2: your medical will expire March 11, if you do not enter America by that date you’ll need a new medical. 

And they continue to say that if no action is taken within a year then my visa will be denied.

could anyone say what they get from that? 

And if I need to wait until the petition is completed before I go in for a follow up interview or I can go in now since my husband already petition for him , since the document required is a “Petion for son” and not visa. 

PLEASE HELP

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/29/2019 at 1:55 AM, Dbrennan said:

I am so happy I want to cry!!

Finally got my NOA1 after four months of waiting. 🤗

Now in the process of fixing all of the spelling mistakes my attorneys paralegal made. 

I am also using a stateside attorney. When I contracted them I sent in a completed I-130 and I-130a. What they sent back for me to approve was pure fantasy! So after several versions with my correcting each one, we finally got on the same page and I approved a final version. I started with them around May of 2018 and the petition was only sent in October. Hopefully we will not have any corrections to make..

1 hour ago, James D said:

I am also using a stateside attorney. When I contracted them I sent in a completed I-130 and I-130a. What they sent back for me to approve was pure fantasy! So after several versions with my correcting each one, we finally got on the same page and I approved a final version. I started with them around May of 2018 and the petition was only sent in October. Hopefully we will not have any corrections to make..

My lawyer actually filled mine out illegally, got us to sign the blank forms and never sent it back to me to look over before submitting, there are over 20 mistakes including my name spelled wrong and another clients information in with our petition. I have no idea how to fix this mess. I also don’t think he sent my petition out until January but I can’t really prove that he didn’t 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
10 hours ago, Cactus345 said:

Could you attach the link for September filers, I want to check them out .. thanks 

10 hours ago, Cactus345 said:

Could you attach the link for September filers, I want to check them out .. thanks 

Edited by Viri8

Timeline
On 1/31/2019 at 2:07 PM, Dbrennan said:

My lawyer actually filled mine out illegally, got us to sign the blank forms and never sent it back to me to look over before submitting, there are over 20 mistakes including my name spelled wrong and another clients information in with our petition. I have no idea how to fix this mess. I also don’t think he sent my petition out until January but I can’t really prove that he didn’t 

You should ask your "lawyer" to send you a copy of the files sent to immigration. If he refuses you have no way of knowing your status. Within a few weeks of the I-130 being sent, the lawyer will receive a letter, a NOA-1, Notice of Action which informs the date the petition was received, and accepted, and which center will process it. Your "lawyer" should send you a copy of the letter. If he keeps you in the dark, I would arrange a lawyer who does things "legally" immediately.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am a little jelous of the Potomac Service Center I-130 filers! I jumped on the September filer thread and they are getting approved already (thanks for the idea Gojo lol). I too am Texas Service Center.

“I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.”

“I AM NOT ACCREDITED TO REPRESENT YOU BEFORE THE UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION AND NATURALIZATION SERVICE AND THE IMMIGRATION BOARD OF APPEALS.”

Married: 03September2010

Beneficiary Country: Colombia

CR1 (Expedited USCIS and NVC)

NOA1: 21March2011

USCIS Expedited Approved: 21June2011

NOA2: 21June2011

NVC Expedite Approved: 14September2011

Interview: 21October2011

POE: 28October2011

I-90 (Name Change)

NOA1: 03January2012

Biometrics: 07February2012

Approved: 07February2012

ROC (Approved)

NOA1: 28October2013

Interview: 22November2013

Approved: 11March2014

***Moved back to Colombia to finish graduate studies. Wife filed I-407 (Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Residence Status) at the tourist visa interview. After finishing graduate school, we decided to move back to the U.S.***

B1/B2 (Approved)

DS-160: 12June2017

Interview: 12July2017

Filed I-407: 12July2017

IR1 (Expedited USCIS and NVC)

NOA1: 09October2018

USCIS Expedite Approved: 05April2019

NOA2: 09April2019

NVC Expedite Approved: 23May2019

Interview: 10June2019

POE: 29June2019

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

This might be out of topic but not really. How often are us citizens visiting their spouse while going thru this whole process. I visit mines every 3 months or so but i think it may mess up my income as I have no joint sponsor at the time. Is every 3 months too much?  I know it depends on people’s financial situation but just wanted to see how everyone else does it. It can’t stand to be away from my spouse this long and always feel depressed when I leave him. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Gojo said:

This might be out of topic but not really. How often are us citizens visiting their spouse while going thru this whole process. I visit mines every 3 months or so but i think it may mess up my income as I have no joint sponsor at the time. Is every 3 months too much?  I know it depends on people’s financial situation but just wanted to see how everyone else does it. It can’t stand to be away from my spouse this long and always feel depressed when I leave him. 

Gojo,

That's a lot more than some people. This is my second time around this process (with the same spouse) and the first time, I didn't visit her at all. My job wouldn't give me permission but twice a year. The most important part is to show continued ties, such as conversations (email, texts, WhatsApp, Facebook, phone records, etc.). Pictures are also important so takes some every day you visit him in a different place.

Hope that helps.

“I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.”

“I AM NOT ACCREDITED TO REPRESENT YOU BEFORE THE UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION AND NATURALIZATION SERVICE AND THE IMMIGRATION BOARD OF APPEALS.”

I-90 (Name Change)

ROC (Approved)

***Moved back to Colombia to finish graduate studies. Wife filed I-407 (Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Residence Status) at the tourist visa interview. After finishing graduate school, we decided to move back to the U.S.***

B1/B2 (Approved)

Timeline
Just now, ArmyVet said:

Gojo,

That's a lot more than some people. This is my second time around this process (with the same spouse) and the first time, I didn't visit her at all. My job wouldn't give me permission but twice a year. The most important part is to show continued ties, such as conversations (email, texts, WhatsApp, Facebook, phone records, etc.). Pictures are also important so takes some every day you visit him in a different place.

Hope that helps.

Yes we take lots of pics. And talk and video everyday. Was just wondering if my traveling was out of the norm and how other people in my situation were doing. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Gojo said:

Every 3 months is not too much. The more you visit her, the more it should help. I empathize with you being away from her so often - has to be difficult. I live with my spouse in Brazil.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, James D said:

Every 3 months is not too much. The more you visit her, the more it should help. I empathize with you being away from her so often - has to be difficult. I live with my spouse in Brazil.

Completely agreed. The more you visit, the stronger relationship ties you show.

I-90 (Name Change)

ROC (Approved)

B1/B2 (Approved)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.