CWiggin

I-551 Green Card Not Received Over 120Days

163 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
12 hours ago, mrmvkjts said:

We‘re at 184 day since payment and 153 days since POE.

We filled out the online form of „Permanent resident card not received in mail“

I called multiple times but they always tell me to wait out the 90 days ( even though I already know that nothing will happen in those 90 days) 

so I made another infopass appointment for May 2nd and I just hope it will be figured out soon!

mrmvkjts, from my experience, the best way to go about reporting a lost packet is by filling out the I-89 at the infopass appointment. I would also tell the officer to check their CCD for the visa packet in order to forward it to the TSC. Best of luck, I hope your infopass appointment goes well. We are about 3 weeks past our infopass appointment and still haven't heard anything.

Sincerely,
Ramsey

Timeline

well we went for our infopass appointment.  at check in we said we are here to fill out lost visa packet form( i used the language that was mentioned in the letter we received from texas service center)

got called at the window, they kept 2 photos ,birth certificate copy and original passport that has visa on it, and told us to go sit again. 

2nd time they called us at the window and asked for state ID, gave it to them and they told us again sit down. i tried mentioning that visa packet is digital and should be in the ccd system . she looked at me what am i talking about, i didnt press it and went back and sat down again.

they called us 3rd time . gave us back the passport and told us you are all set. i did not even bother asking her how long will it take. she had some paperwork on her desk, i am assuming that was the lost packet form or i89 they call it internally. 

i hope this fixes the issue .

Edited by ahm12

Timeline
16 hours ago, ahm12 said:

well we went for our infopass appointment.  at check in we said we are here to fill out lost visa packet form( i used the language that was mentioned in the letter we received from texas service center)

got called at the window, they kept 2 photos ,birth certificate copy and original passport that has visa on it, and told us to go sit again. 

2nd time they called us at the window and asked for state ID, gave it to them and they told us again sit down. i tried mentioning that visa packet is digital and should be in the ccd system . she looked at me what am i talking about, i didnt press it and went back and sat down again.

they called us 3rd time . gave us back the passport and told us you are all set. i did not even bother asking her how long will it take. she had some paperwork on her desk, i am assuming that was the lost packet form or i89 they call it internally. 

i hope this fixes the issue .

Wow that doesn't sound like a great experience. Well hopefully this resolves the issue, like you said. Best of luck to you, ahm12 !!

Edited by Ramsey

Sincerely,
Ramsey

Timeline
23 hours ago, ahm12 said:

when you went there, was everything done at the window ? or they took you in a room ?

Everything was done at the window. The gentlemen filled out the form right in front of us.

Sincerely,
Ramsey

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 4/18/2019 at 10:12 PM, mrmvkjts said:

I‘m in the same boat

I suspected something like that after about 90 days of waiting which is why I tried to submit everything asap

Right now I have to wait 90 more days because of further required research and once the 90 are over in july I‘ve been in the country for about 8 months

the first infopass I went to told me to come back but ever since then,I can‘t schedule an appointment and my IOE number doesn‘t work either. 

It‘s soooo frustrating :(

I can not schedule an appointment either,  my local office need phone call to book appointment they told me on the phone that my case is not urgent and I should wait for my request respond, now my respond asks to me wait.....Luckily, I got my ssn a week after entered US, I can do most with it ( driver license, bank, work), but I agree with you it is frustrating to deal with the useless USCIS!! and I will need to deal with it again before two years marriage anniversary which will take over a year too!!!

On 4/1/2019 at 6:05 PM, ahm12 said:

i am still waiting they are yet to admit there is anything wrong 

It's the govt.  Good luck on that one. 

Lmao. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Not sure if this will help anyone or not. So my wife was pivot and she did not receive any visa packet to carry it with her. her POE was JFK and according to her, the officer had no idea about this kind of situation as he was continuously asking her for the yellow envelope. Then she got transferred over to another officer and apparently took her 2hr to come out and she was just sitting there the whole time while they were figuring this out. She did not receive any Welcome letter or SSN within month and we had get one through office. 120 days also passed and no GC. So I started sending them email from USCIS account but I get same generic replies. Finally after 5-6 emails later some decided to call me and send an PDF said visa packet LOST at POE. So we decided to make an info pass appt. and lady at counter was super nice and patience as she gave me the 130 and 130a form to fill out but she said if you have copy in email you can email it me i will just print it out. Fortunately, I had that in my email. then she took 2 Passport size photo, BC, copy of passport. Then She put all together in packet and said will send to Texas. She also stamp her passport for 1 more year. 

we received the GC yesterday. Alhumdulliah, finally some breathing room.     

Edited by shah502

Timeline
3 hours ago, shah502 said:

Not sure if this will help anyone or not. So my wife was pivot and she did not receive any visa packet to carry it with her. her POE was JFK and according to her, the officer had no idea about this kind of situation as he was continuously asking her for the yellow envelope. Then she got transferred over to another officer and apparently took her 2hr to come out and she was just sitting there the whole time while they were figuring this out. She did not receive any Welcome letter or SSN within month and we had get one through office. 120 days also passed and no GC. So I started sending them email from USCIS account but I get same generic replies. Finally after 5-6 emails later some decided to call me and send an PDF said visa packet LOST at POE. So we decided to make an info pass appt. and lady at counter was super nice and patience as she gave me the 130 and 130a form to fill out but she said if you have copy in email you can email it me i will just print it out. Fortunately, I had that in my email. then she took 2 Passport size photo, BC, copy of passport. Then She put all together in packet and said will send to Texas. She also stamp her passport for 1 more year. 

we received the GC yesterday. Alhumdulliah, finally some breathing room.      

how long did it take for Green card to arrive after filling out lost visa packet form ?

Edited by ahm12

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

So I went to my Infopass appointment on thursday and brought all the documents and paperwork I had

they scanned a couple of things and said that within 90 days I should get my greencard

Yesterday I checked my uscis case status and it already changed to „card is being produced“

fingers crossed that I will get the card fast and everything will be correct on it!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
7 hours ago, mrmvkjts said:

card is being produced

Yay, FQA ma'am!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 12/29/2018 at 12:34 PM, negmatic said:

Some news on my side.

I did fill in an e-Request Non Delivery of Card. A service case/inquiry has been created and routed to the Texas Service Center.

It looks like there was an issue related to my immigration fee (paid in July 2018). The message that I received also mentioned that I should get some feedback within the 15 days. 

I'm in the same boat. What form option did you choose to file this? Thanks! 

11/22/17 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

11/24/17 - NOA1 Receipt Date

06/21/18 - NOA2 Approval Date (email, text, app update)

07/17/18 - Case received by NVC

08/09/18 - Case and Invoice number assigned by NVC, paid AOS and IV fees

08/14/18 - Submitted AOS Application and Documents

08/16/18 - Submitted IV Application and Documents

09/17/18 - Case complete at NVC

11/13/18 - Received interview letter from NVC

12/19/18 - Interview at Embassy in Cairo - Approved!

01/03/19 - GC Fee Paid

02/01/19 - POE!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Manda16 said:

I'm in the same boat. What form option did you choose to file this? Thanks! 

use os155a , your 120 days are not up yet .. no point of submitting this request . they will tell you to wait 120 days.

Edited by ahm12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.