CWiggin

I-551 Green Card Not Received Over 120Days

5 posts in this topic

I'm a CR-1 and had my Temporary I-551 Visa since my Immigration on June 16, 2018 (Payment sent on June 14, 2018) and it's now been over 120 days and I still haven't received my actual Resident Card in the mail.  

I've been monitoring  https://my.uscis.gov/account/ for changes and still shows "In Process" 

I've inquired online and went to my local USCIS office via INFOPass appointment today and both were of no help.  

How long is everyone waiting for their actual card to arrive after immigrating?  Does anyone have any pro tips on expediting the card?

My primary reason for wanting to get the actual card is the temporary I-551 isn't being recognized as a form of ID at a specific bank that I'd like to open an account with and it also has been a struggle getting a drivers license at the California DMV believe it or not but that is processing at least.  ProTip for immigrants the RealID Drivers License process can take up to 90days.  I haven't attempted to get a job yet in the USA ( I work out of country still) but I can only imagine the temporary stamped/visa I-551 is a weaker form of ID in that process too.  

I would talk to the bank manager and explain that an endorsed (stamped) CR-1 visa is a green card...

First career- 20 year Retired E-8, USAF Missileer,

Second career-Retired Registered Nurse, experience in Labor& Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent & Adult Psych

Third career-Retired IT Developer & Database Administrator for surgical services dept.

Immigration Journey:

• Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17

45 minutes ago, missileman said:

I would talk to the bank manager and explain that an endorsed (stamped) CR-1 visa is a green card...

Trust me it's already been done; it's a credit union.  Regardless they have their rules and I have no choice but to follow them.  The problem isn't the bank, it's the fact I've been patiently waiting for over 120days with no actual green card.  

Edited by CWiggin

Contact your congressman and ombudsman. 

`~~moved to general immigration discussion from IR1/CR1 process and procedures ~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.