CWiggin

I-551 Green Card Not Received Over 120Days

163 posts in this topic

On 4/15/2019 at 9:05 AM, ahm12 said:

Small update from my side, they sent me a letter saying they did not receive visa packet from port of entry.

Again there was no visa packet it was digital. but whatever i will do what they are saying.

I just received this letter a few days ago, and it was exactly the same as the letter I received months ago 🙀.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Peter Parker said:

Not yet, waiting until April 22nd, as USCIS stated not to contact them until 30 days after the previous BS response. 

once you have the letter that says visa packet is lost no need to wait. 

just tell i received a letter saying visa packet is lost and i need to go to local field office and fill out lost visa packet form.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Peter and ahm12,

I did not wait for the 30 days to schedule my infopass appointment. My wife got on the phone with USCIS the next day after we'd received the letter and gave them an earful about how inconvenient this was and why they simply couldn't look up the electronic visa packet in their system. She told them that her mom was leaving the country soon (which she is) and that we need to schedule an infopass appointment to submit our I-89 as was requested by the letter.

When we went to the infopass appointment and gave the gentleman there (who was very nice) our information, he quickly helped us fill out the I-89. When we told him that her visa clearly states that "IV Docs in CCD", he raised his eyebrows and had some sort of "aha" moment because right away he knew that the TSC were not smart enough to know what to do with such a visa packet. He then went on to explain to us that the TSC generally relies on the infopass people (at the Dallas field office in my case) to download the packet from the CCD and spoon feed it to them. He said this all while shaking his head like he really disapproved of the way the TSC does it (so do we all !!) He ended up submitting the I-89, downloading the visa packet from CCD and then sending them all that information so that there is no way the TSC can kick it back to us. We are now waiting and hoping that we finally receive the green card as someone from the other topic mentioned. It's been a week and a half.

My advice: Schedule the infopass appointment ASAP and when you get on the phone with USCIS, tell them you need to submit the I-89 in person at your local field office. Don't take no for an answer. You do not need to wait the 30 days. Good luck 😃

Sincerely,
Ramsey

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Ramsey said:

Peter and ahm12,

I did not wait for the 30 days to schedule my infopass appointment. My wife got on the phone with USCIS the next day after we'd received the letter and gave them an earful about how inconvenient this was and why they simply couldn't look up the electronic visa packet in their system. She told them that her mom was leaving the country soon (which she is) and that we need to schedule an infopass appointment to submit our I-89 as was requested by the letter.

When we went to the infopass appointment and gave the gentleman there (who was very nice) our information, he quickly helped us fill out the I-89. When we told him that her visa clearly states that "IV Docs in CCD", he raised his eyebrows and had some sort of "aha" moment because right away he knew that the TSC were not smart enough to know what to do with such a visa packet. He then went on to explain to us that the TSC generally relies on the infopass people (at the Dallas field office in my case) to download the packet from the CCD and spoon feed it to them. He said this all while shaking his head like he really disapproved of the way the TSC does it (so do we all !!) He ended up submitting the I-89, downloading the visa packet from CCD and then sending them all that information so that there is no way the TSC can kick it back to us. We are now waiting and hoping that we finally receive the green card as someone from the other topic mentioned. It's been a week and a half.

My advice: Schedule the infopass appointment ASAP and when you get on the phone with USCIS, tell them you need to submit the I-89 in person at your local field office. Don't take no for an answer. You do not need to wait the 30 days. Good luck 😃

yes we are in the same limbo.  i am waiting for a callback from field office to schedule appointment. 

Timeline
19 hours ago, Ramsey said:

Peter and ahm12,

by the way did they directly gave you a infopass appointment ? or you had to wait for a phone call from field office ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

my useless case update, need some suggestion pls~

I sent my sencond e-request on 3/20 and got a reply today saying:Further research is needed regarding your inquiry.  You should receive correspondence within the next 90 days regarding this case.  If you do not receive this correspondence, please contact the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Can I still call the USCIS for an infopass appointment? or do I wait for another 90 days?  I called on 1st April, basically got told that my situation is not serious enough to get an appointment.. I'm not sure what to do right now

Timeline
23 hours ago, ahm12 said:

by the way did they directly gave you a infopass appointment ? or you had to wait for a phone call from field office ?

They directly gave my wife an infopass appointment (while she was on the phone with the USCIS). She definitely had to be pushy about it though.

Sincerely,
Ramsey

Timeline
10 hours ago, Sherry_c said:

I sent my sencond e-request on 3/20 and got a reply today saying: Further research is needed regarding your inquiry.  You should receive correspondence within the next 90 days regarding this case.  If you do not receive this correspondence, please contact the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Can I still call the USCIS for an infopass appointment? or do I wait for another 90 days?  I called on 1st April, basically got told that my situation is not serious enough to get an appointment.. I'm not sure what to do right now

Are you with the Texas Service Center (TSC) as well? Did they mention that they can't find your visa packet? If that is the case then you can (and should) definitely call USCIS for an infopass appointment. Let them know that you would like to schedule the appointment to fill out a form I-89 since the TSC cannot find your visa packet. Does the visa in your passport say: "IV Docs in CCD" ? If yes, then I was told verbally by the USCIS field officer at the infopass appointment that the TSC are not capable (or refuse?) of downloading the documents from the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD) for some reason.

Sincerely,
Ramsey

Timeline
10 hours ago, Sherry_c said:

I sent my sencond e-request on 3/20 and got a reply today saying:Further research is needed regarding your inquiry.  You should receive correspondence within the next 90 days regarding this case.  If you do not receive this correspondence, please contact the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283.

wait 30 days . don't do anything . I think you will get a letter or something stating the problem. 

after 30 days if no letter contact your congressmen and let them contact on your behalf.  The problem is they wont give you appointment until texas service center admits packet is lost/didn't receive it. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Ramsey said:

Are you with the Texas Service Center (TSC) as well? Did they mention that they can't find your visa packet? If that is the case then you can (and should) definitely call USCIS for an infopass appointment. Let them know that you would like to schedule the appointment to fill out a form I-89 since the TSC cannot find your visa packet. Does the visa in your passport say: "IV Docs in CCD" ? If yes, then I was told verbally by the USCIS field officer at the infopass appointment that the TSC are not capable (or refuse?) of downloading the documents from the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD) for some reason.

yes, my case is with TSC , But they didnt admit that they couldnt find my visa package, and also my visa package is not electronic , it is an actual package, I'm not sure where it went :(

Timeline
10 hours ago, ahm12 said:

wait 30 days . don't do anything . I think you will get a letter or something stating the problem. 

after 30 days if no letter contact your congressmen and let them contact on your behalf.  The problem is they wont give you appointment until texas service center admits packet is lost/didn't receive it. 

yes you are right, they refused to give me appointment last time I called, just asked me to wait for response,  and now I got the response TO WAIT!! if i wait another 3 months, it will be 10 months after I entered US

Edited by Sherry_c

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.