CWiggin

I-551 Green Card Not Received Over 120Days

163 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Hello, 

I am in the exact same situation as you. It's been 102 days called USCIS 4-5 times, created e-request, but got a similar response as you got. I do not know how to submit an inbox message, is there any email address where you can submit inbox message or is it just an e-request? Appreciate your suggestion here. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Suraj said:

Hello, 

I am in the exact same situation as you. It's been 102 days called USCIS 4-5 times, created e-request, but got a similar response as you got. I do not know how to submit an inbox message, is there any email address where you can submit inbox message or is it just an e-request? Appreciate your suggestion here. 

u have to make an account at uscic and through that account you can send a message 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, NickSan89 said:

Yes, on Feb 1st I created the case with my Ombudsman but haven't received any reply from them. How long should I wait?

When I had a need 2 years ago to contact the ombudsman regarding the same delay as you in receiving my GC, I was told it would take at least 45 days for them to start actioning my case 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
On 1/7/2019 at 8:26 AM, ahm12 said:

Congratulations i am sure such a relief for you.

My plan is i am going to create a e-request first when 120 days are up , and if it does not get resolved through that way i am going to start calling. 

My wife does not remember they took her fingerprints. , she remembers they only took her photo.. I think on my wife end, biometrics is the issue. 

where did you check your case after arriving US

Hi,

I noticed some people may be in a similar situation as myself.  Here's my story:

I came to the USA on September 5th 2018. Denver was my POE and I had paid my immigrant fee on September 1st. I had the visa in my passport and no paperwork as the UK was all electronic. My passport was stamped by the immigration officer and I was told to expect my green card in about 3 months. I never heard anything again.

After 120 days, I attempted to completed the form on uscis page which told me that my case was within 120 days (which it most definitely wasn't). I managed to get a form completed which said green card had never arrived. I then got an email telling me to wait 90 days for a reply. By this time I was so angry. When I tried to call, I just have to wait over an hour with no answer.

So I contacted my congressman and asked him to take over and find out information for me. That was after 160 days.

Then today, I received a letter in the post saying the Texas Service Center has not received my immigration visa packet!!!! This is the last straw. It's beyond me how they cannot receive an ELECTRONIC document.

The letter says to make an appointment at my local USCIS office which when I try to do that on their website, there are no appointments available.  None.  Zero.

I have no idea what to do now and I'm so frustrated with this fiasco.  This is honestly the WORST customer service and the most incompetent people I have ever dealt with in my entire life!

So basically, if I hadn't contacted them, they wouldn't have bothered to tell me that they hadn't received anything and I'd still be none the wiser.  Does anyone know what I can do now since I can't get through on the phone and I can't make an appointment because I have no idea where to go from here short of taking time off work to go to the office and speak to someone in person (if they'll even listen!).

Sorry for the rant, I'm just done with the whole situation.

3 hours ago, cazzz84 said:

Hi,

I noticed some people may be in a similar situation as myself.  Here's my story:

I came to the USA on September 5th 2018. Denver was my POE and I had paid my immigrant fee on September 1st. I had the visa in my passport and no paperwork as the UK was all electronic. My passport was stamped by the immigration officer and I was told to expect my green card in about 3 months. I never heard anything again.

After 120 days, I attempted to completed the form on uscis page which told me that my case was within 120 days (which it most definitely wasn't). I managed to get a form completed which said green card had never arrived. I then got an email telling me to wait 90 days for a reply. By this time I was so angry. When I tried to call, I just have to wait over an hour with no answer.

So I contacted my congressman and asked him to take over and find out information for me. That was after 160 days.

Then today, I received a letter in the post saying the Texas Service Center has not received my immigration visa packet!!!! This is the last straw. It's beyond me how they cannot receive an ELECTRONIC document.

The letter says to make an appointment at my local USCIS office which when I try to do that on their website, there are no appointments available.  None.  Zero.

I have no idea what to do now and I'm so frustrated with this fiasco.  This is honestly the WORST customer service and the most incompetent people I have ever dealt with in my entire life!

So basically, if I hadn't contacted them, they wouldn't have bothered to tell me that they hadn't received anything and I'd still be none the wiser.  Does anyone know what I can do now since I can't get through on the phone and I can't make an appointment because I have no idea where to go from here short of taking time off work to go to the office and speak to someone in person (if they'll even listen!).

Sorry for the rant, I'm just done with the whole situation.

HI,

You are not alone on this madness. I went through the exact same situation. I enter the country on July 30th 2018. Paid my immigration fee on Feb 26th 2018 and haven't received my green card yet. All my documents were submitted ELECTRONICALLY as yours. I received that letter... LOST VISA PACKET. On the website I couldn't set up an appointment neither. I call the 1-800 and skip all the automatic options until I reach a human... I had to make my case with persistence. I told him that I received the letter and I needed to set up an appointment. After an exhausting back and forth, he took note of my case and put me in a queue for a Field Officer to reach me back within 24hs. A field field Office reached me back (had to make my case again!!!!!) And set up an appointment finally for next Week. I field the I-89 form on February 1st. They told me more info maybe needed and I SHOULD wait at least 90 days for USCIS TEXAS to look at this form. In the meantime I contacted my ombudsman on Feb 1st, and haven't received any feedback. It is all a big mess without answer so far... 

In addition I have to say that each officer I interacted with told me my case was fine and I SHOULD receive my green card anytime soon. I have heard this phrase at least 4 times in the last 4 months...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not much to update on; I've been patient the past couple months.  

Current Status:
257 days since POE

69 days since request to Ombudsman was received or 46 business days.  Today my Immigration Lawyer contacted the Ombudsman's office and my case is still in the queue to be assigned to someone.  

No light at the end of the tunnel unfortunately.  I pretty much just laugh at this whole situation now as it really is a big joke.  

So one really unique thing...I still cross into Canada and back to the USA quite often and since my initial Visa with photo has expired (new stamp was received during InfoPass a while back) I have to enter the secondary screening when going through USA customs each time for verification.  During secondary I met with my original officer that I had on POE and he remembered me.  He verified my packet is still in the system and also joked that the service center must not know how to do their jobs.  

Edited by CWiggin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Hi there! 

While my case is not as bad as some of you other people‘s  cases, I‘m unfortunately nearing the 120 days since POE

My father in law said I should make an infopass appointment because my IOE number was not working and even after several times calling we couldn‘t get thru to a human. 

At the infopass they told me „everything looks fine“ and that I should wait 30 more days in which my greencard should arrive. 

If it doesn‘t , I should just make another infopass app. and come back!

I‘m getting really frustrated here and already see myself going back there just to get another generic answer 😩

Edited by mrmvkjts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife inquired with the Ombudsman's office today and they mentioned on the phone that it actually takes 90-120 business days from the date of application for them to get to the case.  They must be backed up.  Currently 73days since applying / 47business days as their records indicate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.