CWiggin

I-551 Green Card Not Received Over 120Days

163 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ahm12 said:

yes my wife entered without visa packet.

My friends wife came 15 days later(no visa packet) but her ssc and green card came within one month . So annoying

I had to go request social security after two months. Social security office said they did not receive anything from Uscis 

That's interesting and frustrating at the same time. That means they do have access to the CCD (Electronic Info), because your friends received pretty quick.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, NickSan89 said:

That's interesting and frustrating at the same time. That means they do have access to the CCD (Electronic Info), because your friends received pretty quick.

i think we made a mistake of not paying fees before landing thats why we are getting stuck. i paid two days after landing.

from looking at the forums all of us who got stuck have one thing in common green card fees after landing.

13 hours ago, ahm12 said:

i think we made a mistake of not paying fees before landing thats why we are getting stuck. i paid two days after landing.

from looking at the forums all of us who got stuck have one thing in common green card fees after landing.

Ive seen many people pay the fee after being here already.  People get stuck in limbo both ways and regardless of aiport.  I think it ends up being the CBP officer and their database vs save database. 

Hopefully with the shutdown over for 3 weeks the ombudsman is back to work and can help people out!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 6:54 AM, NikLR said:

Ive seen many people pay the fee after being here already.  People get stuck in limbo both ways and regardless of aiport.  I think it ends up being the CBP officer and their database vs save database. 

Hopefully with the shutdown over for 3 weeks the ombudsman is back to work and can help people out!

Well my plan is i am going to submit a e request, give them 30 days (i am 90% sure their response will be further research is needed please contact in 90 days if don't hear back)

then i will submit request through myaccount. (i expect the same generic 90 days response).

if i don't get resolution by end of march then i will just start calling and try to speak to level 2.

my wifes 120 days are up tomorrow.

29 minutes ago, ahm12 said:

Well my plan is i am going to submit a e request, give them 30 days (i am 90% sure their response will be further research is needed please contact in 90 days if don't hear back)

then i will submit request through myaccount. (i expect the same generic 90 days response).

if i don't get resolution by end of march then i will just start calling and try to speak to level 2.

my wifes 120 days are up tomorrow.

if it's 120 days tomorrow then start calling.  I would also contact local congressman and/or senator. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Hi all, I came back from my appointment at USCIS pretty disappointed and without guarantee of any solution. I filed the I-89 (Visa Packet Lost Form). They said I should give "enough time" for USCIS TEXAS to process this. If there is anything pending they'll get back to me. Definetely the Electronic Submission of our documentation is a huge GAP that is not being addressed by anyone. That's why any actions we can take will give us a straight answer that will get us out of this immogration limbo we are in.

Timeline
1 hour ago, NickSan89 said:

Hi all, I came back from my appointment at USCIS pretty disappointed and without guarantee of any solution. I filed the I-89 (Visa Packet Lost Form). They said I should give "enough time" for USCIS TEXAS to process this. If there is anything pending they'll get back to me. Definetely the Electronic Submission of our documentation is a huge GAP that is not being addressed by anyone. That's why any actions we can take will give us a straight answer that will get us out of this immogration limbo we are in.

omg. how the heck something electronic is lost . plain ridiculous. 

on my end i have sent an e request waiting for response . 

Timeline

can you please explain how did you get the infopass appointment ? did you have to argue alot on the phone ?

Edited by ahm12

Just now, ahm12 said:

can you please explain how did you get the infopass appointment ? did you to argue alot on the phone ?

I call the 800 number and waited around 30 minutes to be assisted by a person. I told them it's been more than 120 days and that I've been submitting erequest since then without a consistent answer.I also stated my temporary visa was about to expire. You need to make your case so they then add you to a queue. Then a USCIS OFFICER will call you within the next 24hs. They did. And that's how I got the appointment

Timeline
1 minute ago, NickSan89 said:

I call the 800 number and waited around 30 minutes to be assisted by a person. I told them it's been more than 120 days and that I've been submitting erequest since then without a consistent answer.I also stated my temporary visa was about to expire. You need to make your case so they then add you to a queue. Then a USCIS OFFICER will call you within the next 24hs. They did. And that's how I got the appointment

awesome thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

so i got a email response to my erequest-

"We researched status of your case. We have had to perform additional review and this has caused a delay in processing time. Your case is currently in line for processing and adjudication. cases are processed in order which they are received" 

what does this mean ? they are doing additional background check ?

Thank You,

Edited by ahm12

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 2/13/2019 at 12:37 PM, ahm12 said:

so i got a email response to my erequest-

"We researched status of your case. We have had to perform additional review and this has caused a delay in processing time. Your case is currently in line for processing and adjudication. cases are processed in order which they are received" 

what does this mean ? they are doing additional background check ?

Thank You,

I got exactly same email response as yours

"The status of this service request is:

We have received your service request and researched the status of your case. We have had to perform additional review and this has caused a delay in processing time. Your case is currently in line for processing and adjudication. Cases are processed in the order in which they were received."

I guess it means we will have no green card for a while .....

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sherry_c said:

I got exactly same email response as yours

"The status of this service request is:

We have received your service request and researched the status of your case. We have had to perform additional review and this has caused a delay in processing time. Your case is currently in line for processing and adjudication. Cases are processed in the order in which they were received."

I guess it means we will have no green card for a while .....

sounds like a generic  reply. i will call after one month.

please let me know if your case progresses .

Edited by ahm12

On 2/14/2019 at 2:53 PM, ahm12 said:

sounds like a generic  reply. i will call after one month.

please let me know if your case progresses .

Hi,

That reply you got, I received at the beginning of my inquiries. It is generic reply. Keep calling and submitting inbox messages with all the information about your case. Until you received a letter stating your VISA PACKET has been lost, with that letter you''ll need to set up an appointment at USCIS. I have submitted the I-89 that was requested on the letter received and contacted the ombudsman. So far, I haven't received any replied from any side. It's been 18 days since I did the filing of i-89 and 178 days since I've been waiting my green card... I have done everything I could but nothing seems to work. The most interesting thing is that at teh USCIS my cases seems to have everything fine... 

Timeline

Hi,

That reply you got, I received at the beginning of my inquiries. It is generic reply. Keep calling and submitting inbox messages with all the information about your case. Until you received a letter stating your VISA PACKET has been lost, with that letter you''ll need to set up an appointment at USCIS. I have submitted the I-89 that was requested on the letter received and contacted the ombudsman. So far, I haven't received any replied from any side. It's been 18 days since I did the filing of i-89 and 178 days since I've been waiting my green card... I have done everything I could but nothing seems to work. The most interesting thing is that at teh USCIS my cases seems to have everything fine... 

if i89 form is filed and routed to a service center its probably going to take solid 3-6 months .

we are unfortunately in a black hole .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.