CWiggin

I-551 Green Card Not Received Over 120Days

163 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone! Finally decided to join this forum. Here's my husband's case. It's been well over 120 days; he entered 10/28/2019. Green card fee was paid 10/26 but they received payment 10/29. He called 2/28 and was told to wait 30 more days. He was given a referral number. I just happened to check online today and it says his request to have his card resent is currently not assigned for processing. My husband will call tonight since they won't give me any information. This is a waiting game. I am so frustrated!

On 2/4/2020 at 1:01 PM, Sharon & Thomas said:

Dear all, is it right??? It shows not assigned to process. Am I still on the queue or they decided not to process my case?😭

156FA9B6-54D7-46C9-9BA5-74C02BA8A212.jpeg

This shows up on my husband's case online as well! Still waiting for his card since 10/29 when they received payment. He is going to call tonight. I will update what they tell him. This is frustrating! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, tanavi09 said:

This shows up on my husband's case online as well! Still waiting for his card since 10/29 when they received payment. He is going to call tonight. I will update what they tell him. This is frustrating! 

Call them! I received my green card exactly 5 months after my POE. Yours will be fine, it just takes time!

Timeline

My husband finally got his green card in the mail on Monday! He called USCIS at 121 days to find out that they just hadn't processed his paperwork for it at all including our address change that we did right after he arrived. It took a month after he called USCIS and put in an inquiry to get his card. (POE Atlanta October 26, 2019)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey All, 

So I am going to join this band wagon too because we are waiting for my husband's green card. My husband entered POE via Washington DC on Jan. 16, 2020. I counted out 120 days (May 15th target date) and our USCIS has not changed it's status. All the fees have been paid and etc.

On the myuscis website, our status has not been updated since October 4, 2019. It just states, 

Case Was Sent To The Department Of State
On October 04, 2019, we sent your case, Receipt Number ------------, to the Department of State for visa processing. You can find general information on Consular Processing by visiting our website at www.uscis.gov . The website will provide information on what to do next, who to contact, and how to inform us of any changes in your situation or address.

Should we be concerned that myuscis is not updating???

Also my husband is in the USA with me working home-office based. 

Thanks for any insight!

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, 

I have the same problem as you, its been almost 140 days since I havd arrived in US and still havent recieved my Green card. i called the USCIS after 120 days and they gave me a confirmation number and told me that I will recieve an Email from them and I will recieve my green card if not in a week then in a month. But I still have not recieved anything. And also I asked them if I can travel from US to europe with my native Passport without green card and they told me that if I have at my visa written form I-551 then that serves as a temporary green card for a year withing the entry in US ( I entered the us in february 6, 2020) so what so you think can I travel and then come back or they will not let me get in again? 

Thank you

Edited by NERoo

On 4/21/2020 at 10:07 PM, HuberKimFamily said:

Hey All, 

So I am going to join this band wagon too because we are waiting for my husband's green card. My husband entered POE via Washington DC on Jan. 16, 2020. I counted out 120 days (May 15th target date) and our USCIS has not changed it's status. All the fees have been paid and etc.

On the myuscis website, our status has not been updated since October 4, 2019. It just states, 

Case Was Sent To The Department Of State
On October 04, 2019, we sent your case, Receipt Number ------------, to the Department of State for visa processing. You can find general information on Consular Processing by visiting our website at www.uscis.gov . The website will provide information on what to do next, who to contact, and how to inform us of any changes in your situation or address.

Should we be concerned that myuscis is not updating???

Also my husband is in the USA with me working home-office based. 

Thanks for any insight!

Hello, any update about your husband's green card. We are going through the same at the moment.

On 6/29/2020 at 2:27 AM, NERoo said:

Hi guys, 

I have the same problem as you, its been almost 140 days since I havd arrived in US and still havent recieved my Green card. i called the USCIS after 120 days and they gave me a confirmation number and told me that I will recieve an Email from them and I will recieve my green card if not in a week then in a month. But I still have not recieved anything. And also I asked them if I can travel from US to europe with my native Passport without green card and they told me that if I have at my visa written form I-551 then that serves as a temporary green card for a year withing the entry in US ( I entered the us in february 6, 2020) so what so you think can I travel and then come back or they will not let me get in again? 

Thank you

Please can you give me the number you called. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all, 

I realize there hasn't been much activity on here lately, but I'm happy I stumbled upon this thread.  112 days at the moment.  Hoping we can get a resolution not TOO to far in the future.  My kids' passport expires in March of next year and we hoped to have physical cards before that happens, but who knows at this point!  

I've seen experience with TSC and someone mentioned Cali.  My case is Cali and my kids are Nebraska.  Anyone dealt with NSC?  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.