Vladislav

Beneficary's employment history, how important is it?

15 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

I'm 22, male from Russia. I'm new to this forum.

My girlfriend from US is filling out I-129F for k1.  I'm the beneficiary.

We have a few concerns about 'Beneficiary's employment history' part.

The thing is, it's very difficult to find an official job (job where you have a contract and paperwork with your employer) in my country even in big cities, and I live in a small town where it's almost impossible, ALL jobs I had were unofficial, you don't sign any papers when you get hired, they just pay you with cash and you don't have any proof of working there. 

So, is it ok for USCIS that I never worked legally? Will they call my previous employers and ask if I actually worked there? Because in such places, employers don't remember their employees, no paperwork or history. They might tell them that I didn't work there.

And another thing we are worried about. I don't remember the exact dates of when I was hired and quit at my previous jobs. Is it ok if I make up the dates? I can't call the employers  and ask them the dates, they don't care and don't remember, no history. Is it ok if I write  dates that I make up?

I'm really concerned that it might affect our chances for the visa. 

Your answers are appreciated, and sorry if my English is bad, I tried to spell sentences as I could.

Edited by Vladislav

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Vladislav said:

Hello everyone.

I'm 22, male from Russia. I'm new to this forum.

My girlfriend from US is filling out I-129F for k1.  I'm the beneficiary.

We have a few concerns about 'Beneficiary's employment history' part.

The thing is, it's very difficult to find an official job (job where you have a contract and paperwork with your employer) in my country even in big cities, and I live in a small town where it's almost impossible, ALL jobs I had were unofficial, you don't sign any papers when you get hired, they just pay you with cash and you don't have any proof of working there. 

So, is it ok for USCIS that I never worked legally? Will they call my previous employers and ask if I actually worked there? Because in such places, employers don't remember their employees, no paperwork or history. They might tell them that I didn't work there.

And another thing we are worried about. I don't remember the exact dates of when I was hired and quit at my previous jobs. Is it ok if I make up the dates? I can't call the employers  and ask them the dates, they don't care and don't remember, no history. Is it ok if I write  dates that I make up?

I'm really concerned that it might affect our chances for the visa. 

Your answers are appreciated, and sorry if my English is bad, I tried to spell sentences as I could.

No. Not really.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

they dont care about the benficiaries work history

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Yeah, I think providing job history is more something they use to assist in general information gathering and background checking. My husband never worked a day in his life and our I-129f was approved in under 30 days.

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

For what it is worth, we just finished the process and have appointment for interview. My fiancé has never has a "normal" job. We said no on the 129F and  stated that she did odd jobs, make jewelry, did makeup for weddings. This was all true. Formal jobs are very hard to find. 

No problems at all on approval.

So just be honest, don't make up stuff. Just tell that she did odd jobs, etc. and all will be fine.

Will

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
15 hours ago, Vladislav said:

My girlfriend from US is filling out I-129F for k1. I'm the beneficiary.

Unsolicited info about CR-1:

Below is an analysis by @missileman:

This is my analysis of a K-1 vs a CR-1:

K-1

• More expensive than CR-1
  • Requires Adjustment of Status after marriage (expensive and requires a lot of paperwork)
  • Spouse can not leave the US until he receives approved Advance Parole (approx 3-4 months)
  • Spouse can not work until he receives EAD (approx 3-4 months)
  • Some people have had problems with driver licenses, Social Security cards, leases, bank account during this period.
  • Spouse will not receive Green Card for many months after Adjustment of Status is filed.

CR-1

• Less expensive than K-1
  • No AOS required.
  • Spouse can immediately travel outside the US
  • Spouse can start work if desired
  • Spouse receives Social Security Card and Green Card withing 2 or 3 weeks after entering the US
  • Spouse has legal permanent Resident status IMMEDIATELY upon entry to US.

All-in-all, the CR-1 is superior to the K-1 imo.

If the marriage process in Russia is too cumbersome, you can apply for a Schengen visa and marry in a city where tourists can marry easily (e.g. CopenhagenReykjavík, etc.). If you don't want to apply for a visa, you can marry in a visa-free country (e.g. Hong Kong, Macao, etc.): https://www.passportindex.org/comparebyPassport.php?p1=us&p2=ru&fl=&s=yes

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

I had the same doubt, and i think this might help you because it is based in my experience. When i sent my i-130, i had also those kind of jobs when i was younger (not record abour it) because i was working for my family business, and for like 5 years i had a business on my own about importing stuff, i had it with my ex gf in my country (no my  wife) and we were using her mom's credit card and all the money we got from it, we got it in cash so there was no proof about it. Then i had an almost one year job as an engineernig intership in my country while i was still studying. I am in my last semester of university and i wanna focuss now so i am rejecting some formal engineering jobs (i dont know if the nvc will see bad that i am not working but i am planning to leave after college so failing a class is not an option to me, if someone could help me it would be great). So, when i applied  my wife told me that the US goverment sees that kind of jobs pretty bad because it is like you are avoiding taxes. I didnt put them at all (something i was not quiet sure about because it kind of looks bad) so i jut presented the formal works i had (which doesnt really represente the whole time i have been working).  And they approved my petition. So i dont think you should worry, it might be better to have a job. But not presenting info about it is not a reason to deny you. 

I am worried actually, about nvc because since i am rejecting works due my college (i dont know if they will see that as bad and deny me) according to the waiting times i should be done with nvc in the first week of december, and i would have my intervire like january or first days of february and  i dont know if i would get a job by that time. So in the interview i wouldnt be working either because i finish college in december and i dont think it is enoug time for me to get a job. So does anyone knows if not having a formal job in the interview would be a cause of denial? I hope someone could help me :D .  And good luck, i would say the uscis is not the hardest stage so just be honest and complete carefully your form.

I think for the listing of jobs is so they are able to help pin point the right Vladimir with a common last name, that might be born on the same day as you and live in the same city etc.

My husband was asking me the same thing and I told him what I am telling you now. He's done some side work but we didn't listed them, besides that work was more than 10 years ago. There is a small handful of people with the same 1st and last name as him.

He was also asking about addresses, so we placed what was in his internal passports (Ukrainian and Russian) from age 16 to current age. Sadly for the last 4 years he was couch surfing at friends of the family's extra rooms in their apartments, never was registered, and nevered listed them since how I understood the instructions was to list permanent residency and not temporary. But we listed his parents house since thats where he was registared still at till a month before I submitted our petition. And right now we are waiting for Moscow/NVC to schedule our interview.  If we get denied this won't be the reason, but I won't go into details of why I think we could be deinied till it happens or not.

I-130 CR1 Timeline  Visa has been issued!!!!!! = ^.^= YAY!

Spoiler

Service Center - Texas

Sent Jan 2nd 2018  PD: Jan 3rd 2018

E-notification: Jan 8th 2018 NOA1 Hard copy: Jan 12th 2018

NOA2: June 28th 2018, new website. Old website: July 17th sent to DOS (finally appeared July 29th, after 206 days after petition sent and stating not found) Emails & texts: nothing. Hard Copy states NoA2 is June 27, 2018.

NOA2: Hard copy: July 2nd 2018

Sent to DOS: New Website: July 18th 2018. Old website July 17th (Case number was finally found after 206 days of submitting petition, appeared on July 29th.)

Received NVC: July 24th 2018, per calling NVC option 5. 

New Case number #: Via email August 21st 2018. While on the phone with the hubby. Case is PIVOT. 

Fees paid August 21st 2018. Marked as paid on August 23rd 2018.

DS-260 filled and submitted:  August 27th 2018

AOS documents filled and submitted: August 29th, 2018

IV Documents: Submitted August 31st, 2018

Case Complete: September 11th 2018 via website 
Received Interview data: From embassy Oct 13, from NVC: Oct 15th.
Interview: originally Nov 27th, rescheduled to Nov 29th.

AP

Spoiler

Nov 26th 2018 AP.
Interviewed on Nov 29th, was told everything is good, asked for CV / resume, kept passport.

Nov 29th Email submitted.

Nov 30th They sent us an email for a physical copy.

Dec 3rd Submitted. Dec 4th They received.

Dec 7th, 14th,18th, 19th, 20th case was touched.

Dec 21st ready for Pick up. Dec 23rd pick up passport with no visa.  Was told due to holidays they resent passport incase Husband needed it, and to return it back on Jan 9th.

Jan 15th, sent off passport back to Embassy, Jan 16th case updated and received passport. 
Jan 24th case touched. Feb 1st sent email asking if they needed anything from us, replied Feb 5th stating still going thru AP, no change on website. Feb 13th, case was touched. March 5th sent email (not by travel docs) asking what we are waiting on, received auto email, unsure if case touched was touch per auto email.
March 5th, 7th case was touched. Also UStraveldocs passport states "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted"

March 15 Sent message via ustraveldocs about what's going on etc etc.
March 19: reply from Embassy Stating we have been approved and should get visa in 1-2 business days! 

March 20th: Issued!!!!! ViH: March 21st.
POE: Aiming for April 26th. 

Our Visits

Spoiler

Him: J1 Visa (no 2 home requirement) May 2015-Nov 2016 Officially met: Late July 2015 Started relationship mid-Aug 2015

Business trip B1 (Him): May 2017 - Nov 2017

2nd Business trip (Him): Feb 2018 - May 31st 2018

2nd visit hopefully when he moves to the USA.

ROC (LA, CA Area): sent  April: 12th 2021, Case transferred June 17th. Bios Jan 4th 2022. Ready for schedule interview Jan 5th 2022. Interview scheduled on Jan 11th 2022 for Feb 18th 2022. Approved at interview. Green card sent Feb 23rd 2022. Green Card in hand Feb 28th 2022. 
Next N-400: Submitted May 27th 2023, bios being reused. 

IR-2 (Step daughter, Ukraine): Sent June 7th, 2021 via online. Case was actively being looked at since Nov 2nd 2021. Approval Feb 16. Case sent to NVC Feb 19th 2022. Interview Dec 17, VIH 18th, POE Dec 26th 2022.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Will the interviewer asked for the beneficiary employment history in USA? It’s also looked at for last 5 years right? What about w-2 and federal tax returns? 

Edited by Visitor User

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
13 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

they dont care about the benficiaries work history

Even if the employement was in USA?

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.