Greenbaum

October 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,298 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, AloneInBerlin said:

Hi All! just been approved, absolutely over the moon. the sites are updated but don't have the letter in hand yet. Is now the time to start filling in the ds160 and sending it off or should we be waiting? i went through the online form and saved it, one thing that worried me a bit was that it wouldn't let me select the berlin embassy? it said it doesn't do k1 visas...anybody have any info on that?

I believe you need the Case number to start the 160. You should have the Financial support docs ready to send to your Fiance. 

Advice: KEEP BUSY!!

March 12 2018 - I-129F Sent to USCIS (Dallas) 

March 13 2018 - I-129F Delivered

March 19 2018 – Rec’d TEXT w/receipt #

March 19 2018 – Check Cleared

March 20 2018 - NOA1 Sent out

March 23 2018 - Received hard copy letter of NOA1 (Application in California Processing)

Oct 3 2018 USCIS mailed NOA2

Oct 4 2018 - Approved NOA2  via App (206 days of waiting)

Oct 9 2018  NOA2 Received via mail

Oct 24 2018 NVC Received Case

Oct 25 2018 NVC Case number received

Nov 1 2018 DS-160 Submitted online

Nov 14 2018 Case sent to embassy

Nov 16 2018 Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

Jan 10 2019 Medical exam completed

Jan 15 2019 Interview

Jan 16 2019 Interview Results - status "Issued"

Jan 24 2019 Visa in Hand 

Feb 18 2019 - POE

April 9 2019- Married!!!

April 27 2019- AOS Filed / Mailed

April 28 2019- AOS Delivered (Chicago)

May 2 2019 - Rec’d TEXT w/receipt # for AOS, EAD, & Travel / (NOA 1)

Nov 14 2019 - EAD & AP Approved

Nov 18 2019 - Card Mailed

Nov 21 2019 - Combo Card Rec'd

Jan 30 2020 - Green Card Interview

Jan 30 2020 - Card Approved and in Production

Feb 6 2020 - Greencard Rec'd

18 minutes ago, Meu Amor said:

I believe you need the Case number to start the 160. You should have the Financial support docs ready to send to your Fiance. 

Only Frankfurt does K visas. You can complete the form but can’t submit it until you get the case number and your status is “ready” (which I think is when the case gets to Frankfurt embassy). Best to do it now so when you get the packet you can be totally ready. In Germany you will also need a complete list of everywhere you have lived since 16 years old, so start writing that down!

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:51 PM, amy1411 said:

Hey i had the same issue. Check my thread. I called NVC and the rep said my case hasnt gotten to them so there is no way I could update my email

Greenbaum Tip: Once you receive your NOA2 approval then contact NVC via https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html to update your email address as well as your beneficiary's email address. This will give you an email alert when your file arrives at NVC, your case is assigned and when the file leaves for your Embassy.

Calling NVC will garner the response you received from a human. Use my tip above and you'll have better success.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

11 hours ago, AloneInBerlin said:

Hi All! just been approved, absolutely over the moon. the sites are updated but don't have the letter in hand yet. Is now the time to start filling in the ds160 and sending it off or should we be waiting? i went through the online form and saved it, one thing that worried me a bit was that it wouldn't let me select the berlin embassy? it said it doesn't do k1 visas...anybody have any info on that?

This should help answer those questions. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DGi7puUW79v68Y1H6DAwaOT4tx8RYiuP/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:43 PM, SerbUS said:

@Greenbaum Oct 12 noa2 here...do you have anything specific for Belgrade, Serbia?

I don't have the P3 instructions for your Embassy. If and when you get a copy if you could share with me then I would be able to share with others who come behind you.  Here are a few things that I did find the can be used as a primer.

From the Serbia Embassy's website: Interviews are by appointment only! You will receive an appointment when you have submitted your notice of readiness confirming that you have all the required paperwork in your possession. Embassy Belgrade will notify you of your interview date and time and paying the MRV application fee by an appointment letter.

Required Documentation

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

• Completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. You (and any eligible children applying for K-2 visas) must: (1) complete Form DS-160 and (2) print the DS-160 confirmation page to bring to your interview. 
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).
  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for six months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
  • Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
  • Payment of fees, as explained below

Note: The consular officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine. Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated. Applicants should take to the visa interview clear, legible photocopies of civil documents and translations, such as birth and divorce certificates. Original documents and translations will be returned.

Serbia portal here on VJ http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Serbia&cty=Belgrade

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline
On 10/19/2018 at 8:00 PM, PaulMac said:

Did they receive it at least? If so, i’d say next week should be there. 

Reminder that cases MIGHT be sent out 10/30-11/01. So don’t stress if it’s without case number yet, or hasn’t been received. 

Yeah, they did say they received it at least. They received it on Thursday, October 18th. And okay, cool...I'm really hoping for a mid-November interview *fingers crossed*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Greenbaum Tip: Once you receive your NOA2 approval then contact NVC via https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html to update your email address as well as your beneficiary's email address. This will give you an email alert when your file arrives at NVC, your case is assigned and when the file leaves for your Embassy.

Calling NVC will garner the response you received from a human. Use my tip above and you'll have better success.

I sure used your tip and it still wont let me sign up for an email update same thing the other person was complaining of

49 minutes ago, amy1411 said:

I sure used your tip and it still wont let me sign up for an email update same thing the other person was complaining of

Wait a few days and then try again. It does work and others have had success. Remember, your mileage may vary.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Wait a few days and then try again. It does work and others have had success. Remember, your mileage may vary.

I did sign up and already received a reply from NVC saying they don’t have our case on hands yet. I’d say they are more efficient and probably less busy than USCIS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Richelle88 said:

Hey all. So I got my nvc case number but now I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do. Could someone help me out? 

you can check it out here https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
6 hours ago, Lucrezia_ITALY said:

I did sign up and already received a reply from NVC saying they don’t have our case on hands yet. I’d say they are more efficient and probably less busy than USCIS.

I did sign up on the nvc site a week ago and still no reply from them, noa 2 is oct 9

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
On 10/20/2018 at 9:29 PM, Mehappy said:

oh, yours also said Invalid birthday? Makes sense, i guess. Will continue waiting.... 

Had the same problem. Try choosing the birth date using the calendar on the website. Somehow if you put the date manually, it doesn't register. Use the calendar, worked like a charm for me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
5 hours ago, AnnaR said:

I did sign up on the nvc site a week ago and still no reply from them, noa 2 is oct 9

It takes around a week or so to get a reply. Got mine in exactly 7 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.