Greenbaum

October 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,298 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Icamarn said:

My fiancé called three times this week and they said they don’t have our case yet. Is this normal? We got approved october 2, he also said the guy on the phone was kinda mad and told him to call back in a week or two. Do they mark every time we call? 

Right there with you, approved October 1st, I've had people nice and gruff when calling. Doesn't change my cheery mood for them. I'm sure they could use something to break up their monotonous day sometimes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Icamarn said:

My fiancé called three times this week and they said they don’t have our case yet. Is this normal? We got approved october 2, he also said the guy on the phone was kinda mad and told him to call back in a week or two. Do they mark every time we call? 

So funny, the lady who spoke to me was also in a mood hahaha... she was rude. 

But hey I understand a lot of us trying to find out what’s up! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline
On 10/18/2018 at 5:09 PM, PaulMac said:

Call Tomorrow morning or evening and You should get your case number as well. Congratz!

@PaulMac Just checked and still no case number. Hopefully Monday?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I got approval on the new site yesterday and the old site with no change.  Today I got an update on the old site with "Name Was Updated" which seems to indicate initial review.  Did this happen to anyone else?  My fiancé is kinda freaking out.

Thanks in advance

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Bajanphoenix said:

@PaulMac Just checked and still no case number. Hopefully Monday?

Did they receive it at least? If so, i’d say next week should be there. 

Reminder that cases MIGHT be sent out 10/30-11/01. So don’t stress if it’s without case number yet, or hasn’t been received. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
2 hours ago, TheFutureMrsBowma said:

So funny, the lady who spoke to me was also in a mood hahaha... she was rude. 

But hey I understand a lot of us trying to find out what’s up! 

Both times i called, both guys were extremely friendly. Last one even said “longest wait is done, we’ve got your case and number assigned. Congratulations”. Other one was professional,  but friendly and i didn’t feel for a second that i was taking his time away, ir bothered. Both sounded genuinely happy to help. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
42 minutes ago, LanKei said:

Hi Guys,

I got approval on the new site yesterday and the old site with no change.  Today I got an update on the old site with "Name Was Updated" which seems to indicate initial review.  Did this happen to anyone else?  My fiancé is kinda freaking out.

Thanks in advance

Called in to USCIS and Tier 1 said it was approved on the same date as the new site.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, amy1411 said:

we are both approved the same day. I will be following you

Same date also. I'll be following you guys. Don't forget to update your time line once there's changes. Thank you! Good luck to us. 

14 hours ago, PaulMac said:

Both times i called, both guys were extremely friendly. Last one even said “longest wait is done, we’ve got your case and number assigned. Congratulations”. Other one was professional,  but friendly and i didn’t feel for a second that i was taking his time away, ir bothered. Both sounded genuinely happy to help. 

I called last night (2 weeks after NOA2) and guy was very friendly but they haven’t received it yet. As expected he told me to give it 6 weeks and call back then. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi All! just been approved, absolutely over the moon. the sites are updated but don't have the letter in hand yet. Is now the time to start filling in the ds160 and sending it off or should we be waiting? i went through the online form and saved it, one thing that worried me a bit was that it wouldn't let me select the berlin embassy? it said it doesn't do k1 visas...anybody have any info on that?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mozambique
Timeline
26 minutes ago, americaninlove said:

I called last night (2 weeks after NOA2) and guy was very friendly but they haven’t received it yet. As expected he told me to give it 6 weeks and call back then. 

We have to same NOA2 date. We're in the same boat as I was told mine hadn't been received yet either. Keep me updated if you receive yours!

I-129F Sent: April 12, 2018

I-129F Received: April 13, 2018 (confirmation by email)

I-129F NOA1: April 18, 2018

I-129F NOA2: October 5, 2018 (received by mail on October 12, 2018)

NVC Received: November 1, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: November 2, 2018

Left NVC: November 13, 2018

Arrived at Embassy: November 19, 2018

Packet 3: November 27, 2018

Packet 4: December 14, 2018

Interview: February 7, 2019

27 minutes ago, Mozam said:

We have to same NOA2 date. We're in the same boat as I was told mine hadn't been received yet either. Keep me updated if you receive yours!

I will! Same for you. But I seem to be on the extra slow track so I’m sure yours will aria before mine!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
On 10/20/2018 at 1:51 AM, amy1411 said:

Hey i had the same issue. Check my thread. I called NVC and the rep said my case hasnt gotten to them so there is no way I could update my email

oh, yours also said Invalid birthday? Makes sense, i guess. Will continue waiting.... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.