Greenbaum

October 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,298 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, americaninlove said:

Oh really? Even overseas? I didn’t think of that but it would make sense. Our case just seems to go so much slower than everyone else’s but at this point I’m ready to get this over with! He has everything sitting there ready to send in the same day he gets the letter. Just needs to get there!!

All overseas posts observe US AND local holidays

YMMV

Just now, Samcik said:

Still at NVC. Looks like our case will miss another shipping week. What possibly can go wrong?

2 weeks. Us too. Our case missed and the guy I talked to said it was still in administrative processing. Then I saw other posts on vj saying it is taking our embassy 2 to 3 months to send packet 3 to allow to schedule the interview. Omg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
7 hours ago, JuniorMints said:

In transit today :)  Do you have Algeria P3 by chance?  Also, the status has a strange statement about our interview date, even though we already know that we have to schedule it ourselves on the Algiers Embassy website.  Is this anything? 

Ok, you must have forgotten the answers about that strange statement that are in page 112 approx from yesterday so i'm gonna give you an alternative answer instead.

OMG, you haven't received an interview date from NVC!!  Something is gone terribly wrong with your application.   The NVC emailed me a date and they then phoned me and interviewed me  and told me I was approved. They then offered to book my flight to PoE for me but I said i would do it myself so they could spend more time interviewing other benificiaries and taking phone calls asking if the NVC number had been assigned yet.  There is no way to fix this problem.  I think you will probably have to restart your K1 process because your embassy are probably going to just burn your papers when they receive them.  

just joking, don't be offended.  Just amusing myself with the worst possible answer.   

first met late 2016, met 13 more times since. Filed i-129 Apr 14th. NOA2 dated Oct 11th. 

9 hours ago, Gheyish said:

Unfortunately our docs didnt make it for yesterday’s shipment. Who knows when the next one will be? 

Nvc case # was 11/26.

Everyone knows when the next shipment is except you. Did you even read my post that you quoted. It gives two DATES that shipments will leave NVC. I would recommend that you begin to read some of the history in this thread as the topic has been discussed over and over. Shipments leave every other week. They leave on Tuesday and WEDNESDAY. Next shipment is WEDNESDAY (today). Then after that 12/11 & 12. This pattern has been repeated over and over for the past 3 months.

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, rye_212 said:

Ok, you must have forgotten the answers about that strange statement that are in page 112 approx from yesterday so i'm gonna give you an alternative answer instead.

OMG, you haven't received an interview date from NVC!!  Something is gone terribly wrong with your application.   The NVC emailed me a date and they then phoned me and interviewed me  and told me I was approved. They then offered to book my flight to PoE for me but I said i would do it myself so they could spend more time interviewing other benificiaries and taking phone calls asking if the NVC number had been assigned yet.  There is no way to fix this problem.  I think you will probably have to restart your K1 process because your embassy are probably going to just burn your papers when they receive them.  

just joking, don't be offended.  Just amusing myself with the worst possible answer.   

What's like to walk in my shoes. :rofl: 

I wish people knew how to use a blog like this one. It's so simple. You read the days posts. Then tomorrow you log on and you begin reading where you left off the day before. Then repeat. Soooooooo simple to understand but most just don't get it. And they are applying for something they know little about that will change there life forever. Oy Vey.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

What's like to walk in my shoes. :rofl: 

I wish people knew how to use a blog like this one. It's so simple. You read the days posts. Then tomorrow you log on and you begin reading where you left off the day before. Then repeat. Soooooooo simple to understand but most just don't get it. And they are applying for something they know little about that will change there life forever. Oy Vey.

When i commented something like that, my post got removed, so i just literally ignore everyone who repeat the same questions over and over and let them figure out themselves. Ffs there is a search box lol

9 hours ago, JuniorMints said:

In transit today :)  Do you have Algeria P3 by chance?  Also, the status has a strange statement about our interview date, even though we already know that we have to schedule it ourselves on the Algiers Embassy website.  Is this anything? 

That piece of information was talked about a yesterday. If you were to take my advice and read the posts that were made from the last time you logged on you would have gotten the answer to your question. Thanks for helping me make my point.

This is all that I have on your embassy. Could you give back to the community by sending me a copy of the P3 letter when you receive it. Just PM me here on VJ when in received.

For your Embassy there is information here: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Algeria&cty=Alger

The fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. You can learn more about fiancé(e) visas on usvisas.state.gov.

1. Once your file is received at post, an instruction package will be sent to you by email.
  2. First you need to pay the visa fee at one of Aramex offices, and then you have to register and schedule a K-visa appointment through the online appointment system at
    www.ustraveldoc.com/dz.
  3. Assemble the required documents that are listed on the instruction package.
  4. Schedule a medical examination with the Embassy-approved physician in Algiers at least 15 days before your visa interview
  5. If the visa is issued, your passport and documents will be available in approximately 7-10 business days at Aramex office that you already selected for pick up or delivery.
  6. If the visa is refused, the Consular Officer will provide you with further information.

https://dz.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

6 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

When i commented something like that, my post got removed, so i just literally ignore everyone who repeat the same questions over and over and let them figure out themselves. Ffs there is a search box lol

I guess I am just frustrated by the _______ questions. No one thinks for themselves anymore. I'm getting to a point where I think I need to take some time away from here and stop the insanity in my life.

Thanks for your encouragement.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

8 hours ago, J Smith said:

We also got the “ in transit” today! We have completed everything else including the medical exam. Does anyone know if we have to wait for the hard copy to arrive in Ukraine or can we schedule the interview with the NVC forwarding it electronically?

Thanks for the help

I have posted the information for the P3 earlier. That would answer your questions. Search backwards and you may find it. Or use the search feature in the upper corner.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
8 hours ago, americaninlove said:

Is anyone whose case was sent mid-November still waiting to hear from the embassy? I looked at other timelines from Germany and people seemed to get the P3 between 3 and 9 days after consulate received it. We are going on two weeks and nothing. Besides just assuming we have the slowest case on earth, I’m afraid something is wrong?!

Same here, no word from the embassy and CEAC still says In Transit.  DHL tracking shows it delivered Nov 19th.  I'm also getting nervous as we have our interview scheduled already.  Transit times for our embassy are normally like 6 days.

2018 K1 Filing to Approval: 322 days (RFE 29 Days)

Spoiler

I-129F mailed: Jan 26 2018

NOA1: Jan 29 2018 (old site), Feb 2 2018 (new site)

RFE: Aug 30 2018 (old site updated 8/30; new site 8/31 w/email and text)

RFE hard copy: rec'd 9/4; ret'd 9/6 (old site updated 9/7; new site 9/10, no text/email)

NOA2: Oct 5 2018 [249 days]  (old site updated 10/5; new site 10/7, no text/email)

Case #: Oct 31 2018 [27 days] (called to get number, no email from NVC)

Left NVC: Nov 13 2018 

Consulate Rec'd (DHL): Nov 19 2018

CEAC 'Ready' status: Nov 29 2018

Interview: Dec 17 2018 [Approved!]

POE: Jan 10 2019 [Los Angeles]

Marriage: Jan 12 2019 :wub::dance:

2019 AOS Filing to Approval: 81 Days (No RFE, No Expedite)

Spoiler

AOS Mailed: Feb 19 2019

NOA1: Feb 25 2019 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

Biometrics Appt. Letter Rcv'd: Mar 8 2019

Biometrics Appointment: Mar 20 2019

Recv'd Interview Appt. Notice: Apr 15 2019 [I-485] (ready to schedule 4/10, scheduled 4/11; old site)

Interview: May 17 2019 [Cleveland, OH]

Approved: May 17 2019  :dance:

Green Card Received: May 24 2019

2021 ROC Filing to Approval: 534 Days (LIN; No RFE, No Interview)

Spoiler

ROC Mailed: Mar 5 2021 (delivered 3/12)

NOA1: Apr 5 2021 (txt rcvd 4/7, check cashed 4/7, mail rcvd 4/9) 

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Apr 30 2021

Approved: Sep 21 2022 :dance:

Green Card Received: Sep 28 2022

2022 N400 Filing to Oath: 154 Days (Cleveland Field Office; No RFE)

Spoiler

N400 Submitted: Jun 16 2022 (online)

NOA1: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Interview Scheduled: Sep 6 2022 (cancelled due to A-file not arrived in time)

Interview Re-scheduled: Oct 21 2022

Approved: Oct 21 2022 :dance:

Oath Ceremony: Nov 16 2022 :wow:🇺🇸

event.png

I am with open mouth now !! So the NVC transferred the petition to the US Embassy -Baghdad early morning yesterday .. well This Morning actually was like mid night here .. but like 10 AM in Bagdad I received this E.mail from the US Embassy , interview date ! guess she need to hurry complete the police certificate ,etc …  

One Think  I am confused about , in the e.mail they say don't do the medical till further notice ! why ?! They want her to do interview then send the medical pack with the passport ! I asked around , one of the ladies received the same e.mail ,however her lawyer told her to do medical and take it with you to the interview disregard the e.mail .. and she did , they were happy she had it and took the medical pack and the passport ! 16 other candidate were interviewed but didnt do the medical .. they were told to do medical and send it with the passport ?!  Guess will do the lawyer advise then ? @Greenbaum you are the best :)

embassy.jpg

Edited by johnnyI129F

1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

I guess I am just frustrated by the _______ questions. No one thinks for themselves anymore. I'm getting to a point where I think I need to take some time away from here and stop the insanity in my life.

Thanks for your encouragement.

Just a thought...if you are SO annoyef, why do you answer? Insulting people is hardly helpful. So if you are so aggravated why not just not respond??? For the life of me I cavnot understand why you think it’s okay to speak to people the way you do. This is an anonymous message board. If you think people are so stupid, then don’t answer them!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.