SUMMERT

I was refused, section 214(b)

65 posts in this topic

3 weeks ago I got my interview for b1 b2 visa, the consul a young lady asked me 12 questions, I answered her very sure no nervous, she only said “you don’t qualify” she only gave me a piece of paper, I asked why ? She only gave me a paper saying that I don’t have “homes ties” In what she based her decision if she didn’t asked me for supporting documents.

Ok, so that means you didn't prove that you have ties to your country. Property, family, a job a spouse. Things that would make it so you have to return. 

What all did you submit? Do you have any of the things I listed? 

3 minutes ago, Redheadguy03 said:

Ok, so that means you didn't prove that you have ties to your country. Property, family, a job a spouse. Things that would make it so you have to return. 

What all did you submit? Do you have any of the things I listed? 

My supporting documents was:

employment letter

bank letter and statements of past 6 months.

common law certificate 

House ownership papers

business registration paper

university letter 

car ownership paper 

3 degrees of my known languages

during the interview she never asked me for papers... nothing and that’s so unfair to me that they don’t ask for documents and gave a refusal arguing that I don’t have home ties.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Seems like good ties, all can say is that the embassy is not required to look at any documents.

Do you have any travel history? Ever been to the US before or other countries? That can be beneficial also

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The information they need is part of the application, that would include I think your employments details and qualifications.

I did have most of the above but I was applying for an Immigrant Visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

10 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Seems like good ties, all can say is that the embassy is not required to look at any documents.

Do you have any travel history? Ever been to the US before or other countries? That can be beneficial also

I don’t have travel history, I don’t travel to my neighbors countries cuz of security reasons, I live in Dominican Republic, I’ve seen those  consuls  ask for papers when they care about it, they focus more when you previous traveled to Canada or Europe those countries that requires visa.

i can’t appeal for that decision ? Or next time should give my documents even if they don’t ask for it??

4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

The information they need is part of the application, that would include I think your employments details and qualifications.

I did have most of the above but I was applying for an Immigrant Visa.

That American consulate in my country is a joke, looks like they have a limit visa approval for day or just depend of their mood.

42 minutes ago, SUMMERT said:

3 weeks ago I got my interview for b1 b2 visa, the consul a young lady asked me 12 questions, I answered her very sure no nervous, she only said “you don’t qualify” she only gave me a piece of paper, I asked why ? She only gave me a paper saying that I don’t have “homes ties” In what she based her decision if she didn’t asked me for supporting documents.

Most decisions are made on the basis of the answers provided in the DS160.  

Its unfortunate that countries that have a high number of overstays get more strict on future applicants and that genuine ones sometimes get denied as a result. 

10 minutes ago, SUMMERT said:

That American consulate in my country is a joke, looks like they have a limit visa approval for day or just depend of their mood.

It certainly feels like that at times. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

28 minutes ago, SUMMERT said:

i can’t appeal for that decision ? Or next time should give my documents even if they don’t ask for it??

No appeal for 214(b) refusal.

They will not accept documents unless requested. They have no obligation to look at them, and many times they do not. The DS-160 has most of the information they need to make a decision.

28 minutes ago, SUMMERT said:

No such criteria or quota exists, but surely the CO's mood has an impact on items within their discretion (as does any decision ever). But mood alone is not a reason to believe you were refused.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, SUMMERT said:

My supporting documents was:

employment letter

bank letter and statements of past 6 months.

common law certificate 

House ownership papers

business registration paper

university letter 

car ownership paper 

3 degrees of my known languages

during the interview she never asked me for papers... nothing and that’s so unfair to me that they don’t ask for documents and gave a refusal arguing that I don’t have home ties.

Every one of those 'documents' could be provided by anyone who has a computer and a printer.

Documents mean very little.

38 minutes ago, SUMMERT said:

I doubt they have a quota, America likes tourists, tourists bring money.

As for depending on their mood, that's possible but it doesn't matter.

They can deny you for reason, maybe they think you'll work illegally, maybe they think you'll overstay, maybe they just haven't had their morning coffee yet and feel grumpy, maybe they just don't believe you.

No matter what the reason is they can deny you.

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can not appeal, but you can reapply.

I am not sure what relevance you think those documents have.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Here's your list

employment letter- letter from who? You? You say you have a business if you work outside of that business they may think it's not doing so well you needed another job. 

bank letter and statements of past 6 months. Normally good depending on how much you have in it and if it matches what you make.

common law certificate Spouses are left behind regularly 

House ownership papers Normally good 

business registration paper- You can run a business from anywhere in the world

university letter Are you in school now? 

car ownership paper Cars can be sold

3 degrees of my known languages Well that is not going to help you

See how easy it is to pick apart your papers. They don't need that, most of the time because you should have put all that info in your application.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

22 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

Here's your list

employment letter- letter from who? You? You say you have a business if you work outside of that business they may think it's not doing so well you needed another job. 

bank letter and statements of past 6 months. Normally good depending on how much you have in it and if it matches what you make.

common law certificate Spouses are left behind regularly 

House ownership papers Normally good 

business registration paper- You can run a business from anywhere in the world

university letter Are you in school now? 

car ownership paper Cars can be sold

3 degrees of my known languages Well that is not going to help you

See how easy it is to pick apart your papers. They don't need that most of the time because you should have put all that info in your application.

-A letter of a current job in a company, yes besides that job I administrate my own business , my sister take care of sales.

-in good in my financials, good enough to pay a hotel and care about myself during my vacations.

-I’m not kind of that person who left a behind, I don’t know others, they cannot think all people do the same. Bad for consuls.

-the business I run I must be in person cuz is affiliated to an association at beach that normally requires my presence and my taxes payments that I must sign.

-in finishing my career, at the interview she asked me about it, she asked how much left me to finish, I answer “8 months” 

In the from there’s no question about ownership house, business, etc....

anyway i I feel up to reapply i will, and ask for advise here.

thanks.

Edited by SUMMERT

7 minutes ago, SUMMERT said:

-A letter of a current job in a company, yes besides that job I administrate my own business , my sister take care of sales.

-in good in my financials, good enough to pay a hotel and care about myself during my vacations.

-I’m not kind of that person who left a behind, I don’t know others, they cannot think all people do the same. Bad for consuls.

-the business I run I must be in person cuz is affiliated to an association at beach that normally requires my presence and my taxes payments that I must sign.

-in finishing my career, at the interview she asked me about it, she asked how much left me to finish, I answer “8 months” 

In the from there’s no question about ownership house, business, etc....

anyway i I feel up to reapply i will, and ask for advise here.

thanks.

I think the thing that you're missing is that it is up to YOU to prove to USCIS that you aren't going to overstay. Owning your own business means that you can arguably do it anywhere, including the United States. That's not a strong enough tie. 

They will always err on the side that you will overstay. It is YOUR responsibility to prove, without a doubt, that you will not.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.