tringuyen

2nd Fiance Visa Situation

56 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm looking at applying for a 2nd fiance visa for a different woman. 

The complication for my situation is with my first fiance visa.  After bringing her and our child to the U.S., I felt her and her family scammed me to come to the U.S. so I divorced her after 4 months of marriage.  She then filed for VAWA with the help of the Womens' Shelter to get her green card.  I have evidence she committed crimes that would be considered Crimes Involving Moral Turpitude (CIMT) but the police did not do anything.  I did turn in a private investigator's report into the police and USCIS.

For my second fiance application, what issues am I looking at?  How much longer will it take?  What if I have a child with the 2nd women? Would that make my case stronger?

Thanks.

Edited by tringuyen
add a few more details.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, tringuyen said:

Hi,

I'm looking at applying for a 2nd fiance visa for a different woman. 

The complication for my situation is with my first fiance visa.  After bringing her and our child to the U.S., I felt her and her family scammed me to come to the U.S. so I divorced her after 4 months of marriage.  She then filed for VAWA with the help of the Womens' Shelter to get her green card.  I have evidence she committed crimes that would be considered Crimes Involving Moral Turpitude (CIMT) but the police did not do anything.  I did turn in a private investigator's report into the police and USCIS.

For my second fiance application, what issues am I looking at?  How much longer will it take?  What if I have a child with the 2nd women? Would that make my case stronger?

Thanks.

Having a child with the 2nd woman won't make your case stronger. When did you apply for your first fiance's visa? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, tringuyen said:

6 years ago.

That seems like a pretty decent gap. And I'm sorry that your first marriage didn't work. The recent processing time for K1 now is 8-10 months average. You just need to prepare your final divorce documents. They might put more scrutiny in your case,since you had an application before but that doesn't mean you can't petition your new fiance. More than 2 petitions will be more complicated.

3 minutes ago, Sunnyland said:

That the 2nd woman is a dentist does not make her any better person. She could be using you for a GC as well, you know? Get to know her better and if all is fine then petition her for K1 or marry her and do spouse visa.

Having a child does not make any case stronger.  Only proves 2 people had sex.

I'm learning from the last time where the ones from really poor families are in it for the money and think money grows on trees in America.

19 minutes ago, Diane and Chris said:

SMH. This is an absurd conclusion, IMO. You felt that she and her family scammed you?  Did her family come, too?  Was she able to stay after accusing you of abuse?  Obviously, the police and USCIS believed her and did not believe you. But since you “picked” a better one this time, maybe things will work out for the two of you. :wow:

19 minutes ago, Diane and Chris said:

SMH. This is an absurd conclusion, IMO. You felt that she and her family scammed you?  Did her family come, too?  Was she able to stay after accusing you of abuse?  Obviously, the police and USCIS believed her and did not believe you. But since you “picked” a better one this time, maybe things will work out for the two of you. :wow:

The VAWA is a joke.  The only evidence she has to provide are affidavits from friends, family , whatever.  And I can’t even defend my own name. I’m not even made aware. The police only matter if she got arrested.  USCIS isn’t involved much other than this one office that sees her paperwork.  She doesn’t even get interviewed. Please learn about VAWA fraud before you comment. 

Affidavits alone present a very weak VAWA case. It certainly has been done, but it would not be an expectation for approval of a VAWA claim with just affidavits from friends/family.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

29 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Affidavits alone present a very weak VAWA case. It certainly has been done, but it would not be an expectation for approval of a VAWA claim with just affidavits from friends/family.

There was a police report of her admitting to slapping me and they were going to arrest her.  I told them not to arrest her.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.