Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

About VNN

  • Rank
    Gold Member
  • Member # 308594

Profile Information

  • City
  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Naturalization (approved)
  • Place benefits filed at
    Chicago Lockbox
  • Local Office
    Chicago IL
  • Country

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I will say it will be surely adding some help to your case. However, if your case is bona fide, no red flag, and well supported by facetime evidences, you should not be worry. Plus you do not have other option anyway, just be confident, answer the questions honestly.
  2. Could you tell the screenshoot? There may be some newly uploaded docs shown "submitted". It can take up to 3 weeks to review the new docs.
  3. No, the visa should already be paid at NVC. If she lives in/near Ho Chi Minh City, she may be able to get the visa after 2-3 business days. It it can takes around 2 weeks if she lives far away, little sooner when she registered and paid for express service.
  4. The people at NVC sometimes are not very flexible in term of critical thinking so here what I would do Upload 2017 + W2 in the main section Upload 2018 + W2 in the additional section
  5. I realized that as only UCS could petition. you are not required to be still being married. If you fine the information I provided is not reliable, you can contact an immigration lawyer. Some offer a free section consulting which you should be able to file out if it is 3 years or 5 years for you.
  6. Short answer: Yes. I-129F is the petition and K-1 is type of visa the petition is seeking. To prove the status of the petitioner as a US Citizen, you can use one of the 3 belows US Birth Certificate Naturalization Certificate US passport You do not need to send the beneficiary's birth certificate or passport If joint-sponsor is accepted, asset can be shown on bank statement if it is cash. It is advised to have at least last recent 6 month x statements. Only petition fee, if you include other fees, petition will be rejected Again, it is $535.00 (2019). I-134, Affidavit of Support should be used at NVC/Consulate stage (after your I-129F gets approved).
  7. Do you have a tracking number? if you have you can use it to track the document to see what it is at now. In case the the package has reached the embassy/consulate, it may take awhile to process it (to place in in the right storage cabinet, get it into the system, etc.). The one who is assigned to work on your case is probably not the one who receives and signs the delivery.
  8. If your ex is USC, then it is 3 years. Otherwise, it is 5 years. You can apply up to 90 days earlier than the mark but it is suggested to wait a few more days just to be on the safe side.
  9. You should read I-129F instructions to help you understand more about the details 1. You should - just in case there is any doubt from USCIS regarding your status or just it can act as a backup (sometimes USCIS misplaces submitted documents). 2. You do not need to submit this with I-129F petition. Cash and anything that can be liquidated/converted into cash within 1 years. 3-5 times x assets help covert the shortfall amount for the current income (100% poverty guidelines with respect to your household size). I believe the form is also I-134 as you need to file (other VJ members may help you confirm this) but some consulates do not accept joint-sponsor for K-1. Retired but having retirement income is fine. Note: you will need to worry about adjust of status Form I-864 which requires 125% poverty guidelines. 3. It is $535 just the I-129F petition fee. You will also need to take care of other fees like visa fee, adjust of status fee, etc. There will be also medical exam, vaccination costs.
  10. You can use the Receipt Number # from your email and check your case status at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do to see if there have been request for more evidence sent, case sent to Department of State (case approved), etc. To be honest, you do not really need the first physical letter NOA1. My wife and I never received that NOA1 letter and we have not opened our NOA2 (approval)...and my wife has been in US for a few weeks now.
  11. No. You must apply Adjust of Status (AOS), however, you can also include Advance Parole request to be able to travel out of US while you AOS case is pending. It will still take like 4 months +.
  12. Yes and that is normally how it is done The place of marriage is not an important (Hong Kong vs US) as long as it is legal one.
  13. We did 1/2 page for each month of chat logs for CR-1. The primary purpose was to show the communication has been continuous.
  • Create New...