dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2018

449 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Oritneye said:

IMG_3517.thumb.JPG.d09f5330dc953a4bb21f7790f49df02f.JPG

So that’s the message after you log in if everything is approved?

28 minutes ago, Oritneye said:

IMG_3517.thumb.JPG.d09f5330dc953a4bb21f7790f49df02f.JPG

When did you submit your docs?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I just got a case complete notification on September 12. I uploaded my AOS documents on August 28 and civil documents on September 2. I got my first response on September 10 asking for an additional police certificate for a country my spouse resided in for 10 months.  I uploaded a document in that slot saying that police certificates were not required for countries in which the IR-1 or CR-1 beneficiary resided for less than a year.  I got a response on September 11 requesting the same police certificate again.  Then I called NVC the morning of September 12 clarifying whether CR-1's needed police certificates for countries in which they had resided less than 12 months, which is different than the K-1 visa requirement. They said the beneficiary needed police certificates for all countries with more than 6 months residence. A few hours later, I got an email saying our case was documentarily qualified and that NVC would schedule an interview. I do not know what happened, but I'm guessing a supervisor took a quick look at my case and decided I was correct. I had emailed the Spanish Embassy months ago asking this very question and they had verified for me that my spouse would not need a police certificate for that country. Fingers crossed that there's no more hiccups for us.

CR-1 Nebraska Service Center U.S. Embassy Madrid

Event

Date
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Madrid, Spain
Marriage (if applicable):  
I-130 Sent : 2018-04-11
I-130 NOA1 : 2018-04-23
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2018-06-20
NVC Received : 2018-06-27

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, qianl said:

So that’s the message after you log in if everything is approved?

When did you submit your docs?

Yes. Submitted docs August 29

10 hours ago, classiquemle said:

Thank you Keeley!  I spoke to them last night as when they gave me my case number they realized they arranged it to go to the wrong embassy (Portuguese immigrant visas are processed in Paris, but someone at NVC mistakenly set it up for Lisbon) and it was cancelled in the electronic system since Lisbon is not pivot but Paris is pivot - SO confusing!  It was escalated to a supervisor to correct, so just hoping that doesn't delay too much as they have to re-assign a Paris case number now.  So needless to say I'll be calling daily anyway!

Oh wow, such unnecessary stress! Hope they resolve it quickly for you!

Beneficiary Country: UK / Consulate: Sydney, Australia / Nebraska Service Center

27-Nov-2017 - Sent I-130 package to Chicago Lockbox

30-Nov-2017 (+3 days, 3 days) - NOA1, petition sent to Nebraska Service Center

28-Jun-2018 (+210 days, 213 days) - NOA2, petition approved

16-Jul-2018 (+18 days, 231 days) - Petition sent to Department of State

23-Jul-2018 (+7 days, 238 days) - Petition received by NVC (confirmed via phone on 24 July)
21-Aug-2018 (+29 days, 267 days) - Welcome Letter received by email, paid AOS and IV fee

23-Aug-2018 (+2 days, 269 days) - IV Application (Form DS-260), Civil Documents, Affidavit of Support, and Financial Documents all submitted to NVC on CEAC

7-Sep-2018 (+15 days, 284 days) - NVC Case Complete

18-9-2018 (+11 days, 295 days) - Interview scheduled, received notification from NVC via email - interview set for 16 October

16-10-2018 (+28 days, 323 days) - Interview - visa approved!

18-10-2018 (+2 days, 325 days) - Passport and visa received by AusPost Express Platinum

13 hours ago, Muhammadarman said:

Do NVC take three weeks to review the doc and should i have to call NVC to review my docs?

Yes, NVC takes up to three weeks to review documents but sometimes it doesn't take that long. My case is PIVOT and it took them 15 days to review and get CC. I saw someone else who only took 4 days! You do not have to call NVC to review your docs, but it doesn't hurt to give them a call to make sure they have received everything they need.

Now on how I will check my case status?

Visit https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ and click "Check My Visa Application Status" under the Immigrant heading. If the status changes to "At NVC" that usually indicates CC. You can also log into your acocunt by clicking on the DS-260 or fees link and view your messages to see if NVC has given you a checklist or rejected any documents.

Do I have to bring the AOS original doc with me for the interview or can just print the scan copies?

This link says you don't have to bring the original and copies are sufficient: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview/interview-prepare/required-documents.html

That said, if you have the original documents, I would take them with you along with photocopies.

By mistake uploaded my passport first-page Horizontal instead of Vertical is this will be an issue?

Everything I have read says they want to see a copy of your passport in portrait oriengation where the text on the passport reads horizontally. If that's not what you did, I don't think there is a way for you to change anything unless they reject the document (someone else, please correct me if I'm wrong, here!) You could always call NVC and ask them if there's a way to resubmit just that document. But that might put you at the back of the document review queue anyway.

Beneficiary Country: UK / Consulate: Sydney, Australia / Nebraska Service Center

27-Nov-2017 - Sent I-130 package to Chicago Lockbox

30-Nov-2017 (+3 days, 3 days) - NOA1, petition sent to Nebraska Service Center

28-Jun-2018 (+210 days, 213 days) - NOA2, petition approved

16-Jul-2018 (+18 days, 231 days) - Petition sent to Department of State

23-Jul-2018 (+7 days, 238 days) - Petition received by NVC (confirmed via phone on 24 July)
21-Aug-2018 (+29 days, 267 days) - Welcome Letter received by email, paid AOS and IV fee

23-Aug-2018 (+2 days, 269 days) - IV Application (Form DS-260), Civil Documents, Affidavit of Support, and Financial Documents all submitted to NVC on CEAC

7-Sep-2018 (+15 days, 284 days) - NVC Case Complete

18-9-2018 (+11 days, 295 days) - Interview scheduled, received notification from NVC via email - interview set for 16 October

16-10-2018 (+28 days, 323 days) - Interview - visa approved!

18-10-2018 (+2 days, 325 days) - Passport and visa received by AusPost Express Platinum

9 hours ago, Oritneye said:

Just got documentarily qualified mail from nvc, I logged in and all my documents was accepted 💃🏽...  Now we wait for interview to be scheduled for I and my son(his cc was aug29). Submitted my docs on aug 29.

Congrats!!! 🎉

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Keeley said:

Yes, NVC takes up to three weeks to review documents but sometimes it doesn't take that long. My case is PIVOT and it took them 15 days to review and get CC. I saw someone else who only took 4 days! You do not have to call NVC to review your docs, but it doesn't hurt to give them a call to make sure they have received everything they need.

Visit https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ and click "Check My Visa Application Status" under the Immigrant heading. If the status changes to "At NVC" that usually indicates CC. You can also log into your acocunt by clicking on the DS-260 or fees link and view your messages to see if NVC has given you a checklist or rejected any documents.

This link says you don't have to bring the original and copies are sufficient: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview/interview-prepare/required-documents.html

That said, if you have the original documents, I would take them with you along with photocopies.

Everything I have read says they want to see a copy of your passport in portrait oriengation where the text on the passport reads horizontally. If that's not what you did, I don't think there is a way for you to change anything unless they reject the document (someone else, please correct me if I'm wrong, here!) You could always call NVC and ask them if there's a way to resubmit just that document. But that might put you at the back of the document review queue anyway.

Thank you very much for the detail information. I checked my case status and the last update was 9-Sept-18 the day I submitted DS-260. And they mentioned action required regarding AOS and Civil doc. I think they will update it in coming days as I yesterday submitted the required doc and as long as the passport scan copy concerns another VJ user shared her experience she also submitted horizontally copy and never received the checklist hope for the best and thank you for the detail information.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

just finished my medical and I can tell you....the doctor here in austria couldn‘t care less!

I mean they did everything that‘s required and were super helpful and nice but the exam itself was so super short 

Now I only have to organize all my documents again ( probably for the 62837382 time) and then wait for the day of the interview where I pick up the medical results and then off to the embassy!

I AM FREAKING OUT 😳

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
11 hours ago, Keeley said:

64227052-8999-4B91-A0AA-C5BFD2495DF7.jpeg.62fe122afda88cd9b31b937cd548d400.jpegPhotographs they mean my passport photo or pictures of me and my husband? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Diva00 said:

64227052-8999-4B91-A0AA-C5BFD2495DF7.jpeg.62fe122afda88cd9b31b937cd548d400.jpegPhotographs they mean my passport photo or pictures of me and my husband? 

so under „photographs“ I uploaded my passport style pictures 

and pictures of me and my husband I uploaded as „additional document“

hope this helps

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, mrmvkjts said:

so under „photographs“ I uploaded my passport style pictures 

and pictures of me and my husband I uploaded as „additional document“

hope this helps

Yes thank so much 

how should I upload my documents pls vertical right? Side to side ? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Binaa said:

my case has just been sent to the back, is I have no idea of the following, can someone tell me the following

Your case has just been sent to the back of where?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.