dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2018

449 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
19 minutes ago, MsKayC said:

Hi all I got my case and invoice # today. NVC received my case on 8/20. Took 3 weeks and 2 days. I paid both fees today and my case is electronic

Congrats!  Mine was received on 8/21, so hoping I'm in the same boat soon.  Did you find out via email or did you call?

1 minute ago, classiquemle said:

Congrats!  Mine was received on 8/21, so hoping I'm in the same boat soon.  Did you find out via email or did you call?

I called around 8am EST and they said they sent an email yesterday but I didnt get it. I checked spam it wasnt there either. I logged in paid both fees around 9:30 am. Then at 10:10 am we got the email. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
25 minutes ago, MsKayC said:

Hi all I got my case and invoice # today. NVC received my case on 8/20. Took 3 weeks and 2 days. I paid both fees today and my case is electronic

Mine was received on August 17 and I called yesterday and they told to wait 8 weeks, my case is electronic too.

1 minute ago, MKal said:

Mine was received on August 17 and I called yesterday and they told to wait 8 weeks, my case is electronic too.

I called them almost every 2 days and they always said to wait up to 8 weeks. The last time I called was two days ago and they said the generic "wait up to 8 weeks" msg

Timeline
6 minutes ago, MsKayC said:

I called them almost every 2 days and they always said to wait up to 8 weeks. The last time I called was two days ago and they said the generic "wait up to 8 weeks" msg

Did you choose option 5 when calling the NVC?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, MsKayC said:

Yes, option 1 and then 5

I just called them again, and no case number for us yet. and again she told me to wait 8 weeks but we know it won't take 8 weeks I will call again on Friday.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 9/10/2018 at 6:25 PM, Adriana & Chris said:

Here is my experience (FINAL 'this time for sure' update):

8/27/2018 - Called and received the case number and invoice ID number.  Gave them my email address and my wife's email address.  

8/27/2018 - 11:30pm Pacific Time, I received an email with the welcome letter that also instructed us to pay the AOS fee & IV fee.  I immediately logged onto the CEAC and both fees were active.  I paid both fees.  Fees show as 'In Process'

8/28/2018 - 5pm sent I-864ez & AOS docs and IV docs to NVC via FedEx overnight shipping.

8/29/2018 - Both fees are charged to bank account but CEAC still shows 'In Process'.  10:00am FedEx packaged arrived at NVC and is signed for. 

8/30/2018 - 9:00am Fees still show 'In Process'.  Called NVC to confirm they received and scanned my documents.  Informed that they have not yet been scanned in.

8/30/2018 - 1:00pm Both fees show as 'Paid' and DS-260 is active.  Spent 2 hours carefully filling out each section of the IV Application.  Printed all sections for review, Adriana and I went through it to make sure it was flawless.  Signed and Submitted DS-260 at 8:00pm.

8/31/2018 - 10:00am called NVC and agent tells me "I can confirm with you that we have received your DS-260 and all required documents.  Your case will now go for review which can take up to 3 weeks to reach a completed case.

9/10/2018 - Case Complete - So now we wait 7 months for an interview at Ciudad Juarez (in my estimation)

I also tried to submit for an NVC Expedite based on my medical condition.  I detailed the reason for the expedite request and detailed the medical condition.  Doctor provided documentation and recommendation for the urgency of my spouse moving to United States to care for me but....DENIED

Thank you for this update. Wow another 7 months for cita omg. Also i called today and they said they had my email incorrect for my spouse and no email on file for me and that i have to wait to receive welcome letter. How did you get case number and invoice number over the phone?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, happilyvisa said:

Including weekends or just business days?

They just say within 3 weeks, but I would say it would be business days.

Timeline
1 minute ago, lvsweets said:

Thank you for this update. Wow another 7 months for cita omg. Also i called today and they said they had my email incorrect for my spouse and no email on file for me and that i have to wait to receive welcome letter. How did you get case number and invoice number over the phone?

Yes so basically what was able to do was acquire my Case Number and Invoice Identification Number at the same time over the phone.  Once I received that I logged onto the CEAC here:

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

Then input both numbers and there you have it.  It will be shaded and you will not be able to do anything yet but at least you can enter CEAC for now.  Both fees were not active until I received the email.  Right when I received the email I logged onto the CEAC and both fees were active.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Adriana & Chris said:

Yes so basically what was able to do was acquire my Case Number and Invoice Identification Number at the same time over the phone.  Once I received that I logged onto the CEAC here:

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

Then input both numbers and there you have it.  It will be shaded and you will not be able to do anything yet but at least you can enter CEAC for now.  Both fees were not active until I received the email.  Right when I received the email I logged onto the CEAC and both fees were active.

Thank you so much for help. Im on hold now again lol. Lets see if they give me those numbers. Fingers crossed. 

6 hours ago, Tjbox said:

Hi everyone!! How long it took you to get case approved by NVC after you submitted documents? Does it really takes 3 months?

thanks!

It takes NVC up to 3 weeks to review documents once they are received. Assuming nothing is rejected and you don't have to resubmit everything, you become documentarily qualified (case complete) at that point. The timeline for your visa approval from then on depends on your consulate and how busy it is. The timeline can vary quite a bit depending on how long you have to wait for an interview.

Beneficiary Country: UK / Consulate: Sydney, Australia / Nebraska Service Center

27-Nov-2017 - Sent I-130 package to Chicago Lockbox

30-Nov-2017 (+3 days, 3 days) - NOA1, petition sent to Nebraska Service Center

28-Jun-2018 (+210 days, 213 days) - NOA2, petition approved

16-Jul-2018 (+18 days, 231 days) - Petition sent to Department of State

23-Jul-2018 (+7 days, 238 days) - Petition received by NVC (confirmed via phone on 24 July)
21-Aug-2018 (+29 days, 267 days) - Welcome Letter received by email, paid AOS and IV fee

23-Aug-2018 (+2 days, 269 days) - IV Application (Form DS-260), Civil Documents, Affidavit of Support, and Financial Documents all submitted to NVC on CEAC

7-Sep-2018 (+15 days, 284 days) - NVC Case Complete

18-9-2018 (+11 days, 295 days) - Interview scheduled, received notification from NVC via email - interview set for 16 October

16-10-2018 (+28 days, 323 days) - Interview - visa approved!

18-10-2018 (+2 days, 325 days) - Passport and visa received by AusPost Express Platinum

Timeline
1 minute ago, lvsweets said:

Thank you so much for help. Im on hold now again lol. Lets see if they give me those numbers. Fingers crossed. 

By the way we never submitted a DS-261.  I called them and told them I was the agent and that was it.  Never filled out a form online or anything.

Awesome!  Good luck!

Timeline
Just now, Adriana & Chris said:

By the way we never submitted a DS-261.  I called them and told them I was the agent and that was it.  Never filled out a form online or anything.

Awesome!  Good luck!

Omg amazing. So blessed. And yes thanks goodluck aswell. Im following you guys now. Im also in juarez. Hope you get your cita soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.