dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2018

449 posts in this topic

I'm also in the middle of the NVC stage and paid the AOS fee, and just made the payment for the Immigration fee. I have been looking at the DS-260 and there it asks to show your previous addresses. In 2014 I was for around 11 months in Canada on a working holiday. Do I need to Include this on the DS-260 form too? I'm not sure, because I don't need a police record from Canada since I didn't stay longer that 12 months.  

Edited by Bart105100

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

I just graduated to NVC, got my NOA2 Sept 13th.

How long will it take NVC to contact me to pay and upload documents?

those who have gone through this...any insights would be highly appreciate it!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Trif2018 said:

Around 8 weeks to assign a case n invoice number..since u received your noa2  Sept 13th, give it week r more to call NVC ..to know if your case was receive... while waiting... get all your required documents..scan n save.. until NVC ready for u to upload.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bart105100 said:

I'm also in the middle of the NVC stage and paid the AOS fee, and just made the payment for the Immigration fee. I have been looking at the DS-260 and there it asks to show your previous addresses. In 2014 I was for around 11 months in Canada on a working holiday. Do I need to Include this on the DS-260 form too? I'm not sure, because I don't need a police record from Canada since I didn't stay longer that 12 months.  

I would definitely list it...but most importantly I would be consistent with what you declared when you submitted the I 130 to USCIS

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

My case was approved July 26 and received by the NVC August 17. I have seen a lot of people whose cases were received later than mine and they already got the case and invoice number. But I keep calling them every day and still no case number for me. Don't they do it in the other they receive them? 

1 hour ago, Trif2018 said:

I would definitely list it...but most importantly I would be consistent with what you declared when you submitted the I 130 to USCIS

In the I130 application I didn't have to put in that I lived in Canada, it only asked where I live now, but thanks! I will make sure to put that in the DS-260

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
1 hour ago, MKal said:

My case was approved July 26 and received by the NVC August 17. I have seen a lot of people whose cases were received later than mine and they already got the case and invoice number. But I keep calling them every day and still no case number for me. Don't they do it in the other they receive them? 

@MKal, unfortunately they Don't do it in the order they receive. Every case is unique. It can take anywhere from few weeks to months. Be patient, please call NVC from time to time to see if they have received your case. You will hear standard response from the agents that it takes up to 90 days.

4 hours ago, Trif2018 said:

It will take close to 40-45 days. Could change depending on the case. If it's a pivot case, Just wait for the email. 
In the mean time, you can prepare all the docs you need (Employment letter, W2s, IRS transcript, fill out I-864, Police clearance certificate, Marriage certificate, evidence etc)

Timeline
1 hour ago, bigbobby9 said:

@MKal, unfortunately they Don't do it in the order they receive. Every case is unique. It can take anywhere from few weeks to months. Be patient, please call NVC from time to time to see if they have received your case. You will hear standard response from the agents that it takes up to 90 days.

Thanks for your reply. They told me my case is electronic they also said it is in the process of being entered and there is a case number however they cannot give it to me that I have to wait for the email. I confirmed my email address to make sure they have the right one and that was correct. I don't understand why everybody else gets it but me.

5 minutes ago, MKal said:

Thanks for your reply. They told me my case is electronic they also said it is in the process of being entered and there is a case number however they cannot give it to me that I have to wait for the email. I confirmed my email address to make sure they have the right one and that was correct. I don't understand why everybody else gets it but me.

I had the same issue. I have seen some people got the interview date a ahead of me but when they assigned mine, I was ahead all of them. So be patient. you will hear something soon. Not sure what the issue with Case #. wondering if its the same thing or not. may be you will get the priority once they will assign you the case #. 

Edited by shah502

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
5 hours ago, Bart105100 said:

We did a working holiday in New Zealand. We were there for 10 months. I insisted that my husband get a police certificate from there because I preferred to have it in case they ask for it than have to scramble. His interview hasn't been scheduled yet, but probably they won't even ask for it, just better safe than sorry.

We also listed any address we had and for times when we were just traveling, we just put "various/traveling." The form won't let you submit it if there are gaps in time. We also spent two months traveling in Southeast Asia and when I tried to omit this, it said I had a gap that I had to fill in, so again, I just listed the countries and said "various addresses/traveling."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, MKal said:

you should be getting your number in 5-8 weeks, I got mine at the end or beginning of 6th week. Many others have got in 8th or 9th week , I would not worry about it but keep calling NVC .

Timeline
Just now, Aadhi said:

you should be getting your number in 5-8 weeks, I got mine at the end or beginning of 6th week. Many others have got in 8th or 9th week , I would not worry about it but keep calling NVC .

Thank you! I just got the email right now so it took exactly one month. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.