Ajk3visa

If petitioner passed away!!!!! (merged)

119 posts in this topic

Wait, you’re saying you didn’t get in touch with US embassy to help you with death certificate and SS survivor benefits? 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

On 12/31/2018 at 5:09 AM, milimelo said:

Wait, you’re saying you didn’t get in touch with US embassy to help you with death certificate and SS survivor benefits? 

I did but they said they can't do that only me the widow is able to ask the us authorities for his death certificate. They don't have this service. They said I should order it online through the vital record website. I'm going to do that for surea. It's the only option I have right now.  I went there personally with my daughter.  I asked them if they are going to mail a death certificate internationally, they said they mail it to me internationally for sure cuz I'm a widow. 

• 4 weeks later...

I need some help please because this is confusing me. Today I checked the UCISC case status and the I 129f status is closed. This is the status ( 

Case Closed Benefit Received By Other Means

On January 24, 2019, we closed your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Number YSC.... because the applicant or petitioner received a status or benefit through other means.)

But the I 130 still the same ( case was received).

What does that means? I asked the lawyer but he didn't reply yet. Why did they close the I 129f ? Why they didn't convert the case to a widow visa yet?! What is going on? Does someone had that kind of status before? If yes, please tell me what happened after ... I'm tired of thinking and assuming. What does it mean that the applicant or a petitioner received a status or benefit through other means?! The petitioner passed away!!!!  Please help me understand this confusing thing!!!!

Edited by Ajk3visa

19 minutes ago, Ajk3visa said:

I need some help please because this is confusing me. Today I checked the UCISC case status and the I 129f status is closed. This is the status ( 

Case Closed Benefit Received By Other Means

On January 24, 2019, we closed your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Number YSC.... because the applicant or petitioner received a status or benefit through other means.)

But the I 130 still the same ( case was received).

What does that means? I asked the lawyer but he didn't reply yet. Why did they close the I 129f ? Why they didn't convert the case to a widow visa yet?! What is going on? Does someone had that kind of status before? If yes, please tell me what happened after ... I'm tired of thinking and assuming. What does it mean that the applicant or a petitioner received a status or benefit through other means?! The petitioner passed away!!!!  Please help me understand this confusing thing!!!!

You're going with the K3 that is no longer used.

So they changed it to I130 - CR1 visa.

Relax. Maybe next time read about your process.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

1 minute ago, Roel said:

You're going with the K3 that is no longer used.

So they changed it to I130 - CR1 visa.

Relax. Maybe next time read about your process.

Idk why my late husband and the lawyer chose a k3 visa they said because it has shorter process time. Maybe they didn't know it's not longer used now. Maybe that is why that lawyer is not answering my email once I showed him it's closed. Maybe  because he just realised he is an outdated lawyer who needs some updated on his immigration knowledge!!!

Yup, exactly as above. The I-129F is being closed so the K-3 path is officially dead for you.

On the plus side, that means they likely will adjudicate the I-130 shortly.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

29 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Yup, exactly as above. The I-129F is being closed so the K-3 path is officially dead for you.

On the plus side, that means they likely will adjudicate the I-130 shortly.

Hey everyone I have a good news. I checked uscis my account and it says I 130 is approved. FINALLY I'm also happy 😆 it's approved in the same day they closed the I 129f. Maybe NVC will convert it to a widow visa. I'm gonna update this now in my visa timeline here in this website. So now next I am gonna stay collect th documents. Does anyone know what are the NVC fees I'm worried about this part because everyone knows I ended up as a refugee in Netherlands and we are not working and not allowed to have bank accounts. So how can I pay the fees?! I am so worried about this. Need some advises please. 

36 minutes ago, Ajk3visa said:

Hey everyone I have a good news. I checked uscis my account and it says I 130 is approved. FINALLY I'm also happy 😆 it's approved in the same day they closed the I 129f. Maybe NVC will convert it to a widow visa. I'm gonna update this now in my visa timeline here in this website. So now next I am gonna stay collect th documents. Does anyone know what are the NVC fees I'm worried about this part because everyone knows I ended up as a refugee in Netherlands and we are not working and not allowed to have bank accounts. So how can I pay the fees?! I am so worried about this. Need some advises please. 

Congrats.

NVC Process: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

NVC Fees (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/fees/fees-visa-services.html😞

• $120 for I-864 review
  • $325 per visa application
  • Total: $445 for 1 applicant

Keep in mind the medical fee, then $220 Immigrant Fee to get the actual green card (payable only after approved for the visa, and can be paid after entry into the US if desired).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

8 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Congrats.

NVC Process: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

NVC Fees (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/fees/fees-visa-services.html😞

• $120 for I-864 review
  • $325 per visa application
  • Total: $445 for 1 applicant

Keep in mind the medical fee, then $220 Immigrant Fee to get the actual green card (payable only after approved for the visa, and can be paid after entry into the US if desired).

Can I use my medical insurance I got Herr as a refugee for the medical examinations?! Or the immigration doctor will not accept that?!  And is there a deadline for paying these fees?!  Can I star doing my medical examinations now this week, or should I wait til the NVC send me a letter?!  And thank you so much for those information 😊

5 minutes ago, Ajk3visa said:

Can I use my medical insurance I got Herr as a refugee for the medical examinations?! Or the immigration doctor will not accept that?!  And is there a deadline for paying these fees?!  Can I star doing my medical examinations now this week, or should I wait til the NVC send me a letter?!  And thank you so much for those information 😊

These questions are embassy/consulate specific and not something I would know personally.

The $445 NVC fees need to be paid before they will process the case at NVC.

The medical fee is paid either prior to or at the medical (facility specific).

The $220 immigrant fee is paid after approval of the visa. Upon entry into the US on the immigrant visa, the CBP officer will endorse the visa. This lets it act as a green card for 1 year. In order to get the physical green card in the mail, you have to pay the immigrant fee first.

Start with the NVC wiki in the link above. It'll be a few months to get through NVC. Once at Case Complete (CC) at NVC, then you'll be in line to have the interview scheduled. At that point you should get a notice with specific items needed for the interview and how to obtain them (like the medical).

The medical, police certificates, etc. have expiration dates, so I don't want to suggest anything too early.

Generally one's insurance does not cover an immigration examination by a panel physician. Immigration an elective process. But the medical facility that does it would be able to confirm if they accept it or not, or maybe other members with the same consulate can comment with their experiences.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

25 minutes ago, geowrian said:

These questions are embassy/consulate specific and not something I would know personally.

The $220 immigrant fee is paid after approval of the visa. Upon entry into the US on the immigrant visa, the CBP officer will endorse the visa. This lets it act as a green card for 1 year. In order to get the physical green card in the mail, you have to pay the immigrant fee first.

Start with the NVC wiki in the link above. It'll be a few months to get through NVC. Once at Case Complete (CC) at NVC, then you'll be in line to have the interview scheduled. At that point you should get a notice with specific items needed for the interview and how to obtain them (like the medical).

The medical, police certificates, etc. have expiration dates, so I don't want to suggest anything too early.

Generally one's insurance does not cover an immigration examination by a panel physician. Immigration an elective process. But the medical facility that does it would be able to confirm if they accept it or not, or maybe other members with the same consulate can comment with their experiences.

You said ( The $445 NVC fees need to be paid before they will process the case at NVC.) I think NVC should email the petitioner an invoice to pay these fees but since the petitioner passed away, how can I do that?! It's approved as a i130 not I 360, so I'm not the self pesto them yet. So how can I know if they already sent him the invoice t pay the fees or not?! Or you mean I should just contact the NVC and ask them to get my email fro these invoice things so I pay for all of that?! They know he passed away. And it's been a week since the application got approved and I didn't hear anything from the NVC like what to d next. I didn't even hear from the lawyer who provided his mailing address so he received the approval letters. Should I walnut till I get an invoice from NVC to pay these fees?! 

32 minutes ago, geowrian said:

And I don't think that I have to pa for the I 864 review because I a a widow and I can just do the waiver form. Is that true?

29 minutes ago, Ajk3visa said:

You said ( The $445 NVC fees need to be paid before they will process the case at NVC.) I think NVC should email the petitioner an invoice to pay these fees but since the petitioner passed away, how can I do that?! It's approved as a i130 not I 360, so I'm not the self pesto them yet. So how can I know if they already sent him the invoice t pay the fees or not?! Or you mean I should just contact the NVC and ask them to get my email fro these invoice things so I pay for all of that?! They know he passed away. And it's been a week since the application got approved and I didn't hear anything from the NVC like what to d next. I didn't even hear from the lawyer who provided his mailing address so he received the approval letters. Should I walnut till I get an invoice from NVC to pay these fees?! 

26 minutes ago, Ajk3visa said:

And I don't think that I have to pa for the I 864 review because I a a widow and I can just do the waiver form. Is that true?

Good points - I forgot this is a widow case.

I'm not as familiar with the specifics of how they treat these cases so I will defer to others.

I will note that for other types of cases that use the I-360, that person is the petitioner (I-360 is a self petition).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Any pending I-130 for the spouse of a US citizen is automatically converted to a pending I-360 once USCIS is informed of the situation and provided with a certified copy of the death certificate of the US citizen spouse. That is 8 CFR 204.2(i)(1)(iv).

Since the OP indicates that USCIS was notified, when the approval notice arrives it should state that the petition was approved as a widow I-360. If it does not, the OP should contact USCIS and/or the NVC to get this change through. It must happen before she can interview and receive an IW1 widow immigrant visa. The change will require providing them with a certified copy of the US citizen spouse's death certificate, and it's unclear as to whether the OP has one or has provided it to USCIS.

Widow/ers are not required to submit an I-864 affidavit of support. Instead, they file a shorter and simpler I-864W indicating they are exempt from normal I-864 requirements because they are a widow/er.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.