Ajk3visa

If petitioner passed away!!!!! (merged)

119 posts in this topic

Can’t your late husband’s family get you his death certificate? Or the lawyer that was/is dealing with your K3 case? 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

10 minutes ago, milimelo said:

Can’t your late husband’s family get you his death certificate? Or the lawyer that was/is dealing with your K3 case? 

I asked them they said ok after they finished from his funeral. His dad said his daughter will send me a copy of it cuz he had to go back to Colorado where he lives with his second wife but his sister sounds so busy cuz she is getting married soon to her bf. She was supposed to get married in November but she delayed it cuz my husband passed away on August so maybe cuz of all that I don't get a response of her on time. She replys to my texts after weeks !!!!!! I asked his brother yesterday and I'm waiting for his response now. My husband relationship with his family was not that great cuz he was using drugs after he lost his job but he stopped using for 2 months after he find a new great job and a great promotion as a manager. That was 2 months before he died. His sister doesn't like him that much, every time she fights with my husband, she tells me I should annul my marriage to him cuz he did bad things to her. everytime something is missing from her house, she believes it's her brother who stole it!!!! and she told me oneday it's good and she is appy that he never met his daughter !!!!! and she never want her kids to be around him!!!!!!but I was not agreeing with her. It was hurting me to hear she says such things about her brother. So I was always defending him and stayed  at his side cuz it's so painful ot have this kind of relationship ithw siblings nda I knew he needed more as his side urongd that kind of situation ithw his family. I had to argue with his family alot for him cuz I really love my husband and I get angry and pissed off when I hear his siblings say bad things about him, instead of helping him. His brother could hire him but he never did. His sister also is manager she could hire him but she said I don't hire addict, and thieves!!!!! I was begging them to hire him to work with them, but they were a arrogants. He was always good to me and he never stole something from me for drugs!!!! I've never seen him using in front of me. He was always clean around me. His sister claimed that he stole her kids bicycles for drugs!!!! So maybe that's why she doesn't care that much about anything that is related to his brother, my late husband. So I'm their last priority. and cuz I had so many arguments with them in the past defending my husband. I get sometimes texts from my mother in law asking pics of my daughter, cuz she is her grand baby. It's according to their mood swings . Sometimes his brother asks me in snapchat if me and my daughter are doing ok and he tells me I should always send him updates about me and my daughter Laura tha ew are doing ok cuz she reminds them of my late husband. I always send them pics and videos of my daughter but when I ask them for a favor like legal papers, they don't don't do it. They are so cheap.  Only my father in law who doesn't live with them anymore makes sense to me. He is the only helpful person cuz he agreed to be my co sponsor when my late husbund sent the application to the immigration, but since his son passed away I stopped hearing from him. There is also a fight in the family my father in law is blaming my mother in law for my husband drug use cuz my mother in law to be honest was not so great with my late husband. They  were always fighting and she is also alcoholic. Sometimes they ask me when am I gonna be in USA cuz the want to meet my daughdaughter Laura s badly, the miss her and they never met her, I tell them idk yet. It's out of my control. When I get a visa. Then my husband uncle starts to say shits about my late husband that he never had a task done in his life even his wife paperwork is not done yet!!! Just an angry familyat who stops care about me since he died.

1 hour ago, milimelo said:

I asked the lawyer a month ago to get me his Death Certificate, he gave me a phone number to call to get his death certificate. He said he doesn't deal with anything outside of the scope representative which means my husband only paid him for sending the visa application. I need to make a new contract with the lawyer, sign it, and pay for it just to let him get a death certificate. So I will end up paying more and again I need a masrercard to pay or the lawyer invoice lol. Anyways, I will find someone dutch citizen or residence here who has MasterCard I pay them to use their master card. 

2 minutes ago, CEE53147 said:

If you have an attorney, make sure he has a "power of attorney" for you. He can then get the death certificate and forward it to you.  I doubt the state/county holding the death certificate would mail it internationally.

You mean they dnt mail a death certificate internationaly to my address in Netherlands? I think I should jus talk with the embassy and let them find away to get me his death certificate. Do u think the us embassy can help in getting my late husband death certificate? They should I guess

8 minutes ago, CEE53147 said:

If you have an attorney, make sure he has a "power of attorney" for you. He can then get the death certificate and forward it to you.  I doubt the state/county holding the death certificate would mail it internationally.

I also need his death certificate not only for the widow visa, but also to show anyone here in Netherlands or anyanywhere I go or travel that my daughter is under my custody cuz I have no legal paper from a court  that shows I have her custody. She was born abroad. My late husband never considered making me a child custody cuz our plane was focused on reunited together soon again. Now he is not here anymore :(.  anywhere I travel in future with my 2 years old daughter, they will ask me in airport, does her father allowed her to travel with u or show me the child custody or POA,  then I should tell them he passed away, then they will ask me to show them his death certificate of I am right!!! Then I will be considered liar for not having  proven documents that my husband passed away!!!

Edited by Ajk3visa

12 minutes ago, CEE53147 said:

I have a dutch attorney here in Netherlands. But I don't know if it's ok she deals with USA issues. she only deals with asylum here. Maybe I should ask her to bring me his death certificate. I already signed a contract like a POA that she can access any info about me and get legal papers of me from USA if she needs. So I should talk to her again tomorrow. 

Filed: Other Timeline

In the US at least, as mother you are assumed to have custody.  A father if not married to the mother at the time of birth needed to have paternity formalized.

Be sure to check on Social Security benefits she is likely due from her father's account.  The funeral home should have notified them SSA.  They must have the proper information about wife and children to handle his account properlly.

I am concerned that his family will not send the death certificate.  I suggest you engage an estate attorney in the community where he lived  to check on probate, asset transfers, etc.  I'd do this immediately as they may be taking from his estate.  As his widow and with a child (or children), parents and other family members have very limited inheritances by law.

Definitely go into the US embassy for ACS appointment- you want help from them with getting your husband’s death certificate and also assistance getting SS death benefits for your daughter. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

7 hours ago, CEE53147 said:

In the US at least, as mother you are assumed to have custody.  A father if not married to the mother at the time of birth needed to have paternity formalized.

Be sure to check on Social Security benefits she is likely due from her father's account.  The funeral home should have notified them SSA.  They must have the proper information about wife and children to handle his account properlly.

I am concerned that his family will not send the death certificate.  I suggest you engage an estate attorney in the community where he lived  to check on probate, asset transfers, etc.  I'd do this immediately as they may be taking from his estate.  As his widow and with a child (or children), parents and other family members have very limited inheritances by law.

Yes  worried that the wamt to take his inheritance because as they claimed that when he was using drugs, he stole a lot of money from them and they asked him to pay them back what he got. They really never help me when it comes about legal papers after his death. I got an appointment today with a lawyer here to tell her everything and how she can help. I talked with someone here and they said I need a lawyer ASAP to help me if his family never help. Even all my late husband friends don't trust his family. I never heard them said good things about them. Thu are ###### up. The mother is alcoholic and no one treated her as they treated my late husband when he started using drugs. She influenced him to do drugs, it's what my father in law told me. He never aattended any of his family holidays cuz he was not welcomed at that time. That's why he was trying to move to Dubai to live with me and my daughter away from his family but then again my family was against me cuz I married him and the didn't let me go to see him. And the government wanted to arrest me. Me and my husband felt like everyone were treating us like real criminals. All I did is that I married him with out my government permission that made my family ad government against me. All n husband did is that he started to use drugs once he became so hopeless to meet again  me again and he lost his job. He came to Dubai to meet me but my family gave me a travel ban!!! My story is so complicated and rare. I can't believe how families destroy married couples relationship. I just need this tragic thing to end and start a new lifetime with my daughter were both of us be protecred and enjoy our human rights as human who no one stop us to make their life decisions and no threats from a government just cuz I married someone who is not from my religion. 

Filed: Other Timeline

It is absolutely essential that you have a specialized estate law attorney where "probate" was or should have been filed. The laws vary by state so be sure that person is qualified.

Try to find one who will work and be paid from the inheritance if money is a problem.

6 minutes ago, CEE53147 said:

It is absolutely essential that you have a specialized estate law attorney where "probate" was or should have been filed. The laws vary by state so be sure that person is qualified.

Try to find one who will work and be paid from the inheritance if money is a problem.

Thank you do much. I don't know a lot about the probate law in USA. I started to read more about it now. I don't know how to pay the attorney yet but I will ask my attorney here if she can work with the us attorney of probate and figure out how they pay him. My attorney in Netherlands get paid by the government cuz im in asylum seeker status here. So hopefully they can help me to pay for my probate estate attorney in USA. Money is only the problem with my family in law. Money was never a problem to me he I was financially stable I paid for my husband trip in Dubai cuz he was not working at that moment but unfortunately I couldn't see him cuz of my family :( I don even know if my husband still have inheritance. All I know is that he used to have a business whenwhenbut eh was 26 years old but not anymore now. He lost his buisness. All I know that he has debts cuz of his old business that he didn't pay and his credits is not great. I'm actually worried they ask me to pay for his debt and fix his bad credit score cuz I'm his wife. But cuz his family never want me to get any legal papers after he died, now I'm concerned and I want to see what's going on there!!!! My first priority now is to get his death certificate for so many reasons as Sal staus update, for my widow visa ofcourse, I will have a lawyer to see whats going on there. I just can't wait to be in USA to see what's going on there in USA with my family in law. Maybe they dont want me to return to USA so they can get any benefits of his death and I don't t any. So unfair :( But I will be there so and get back all my rights and my poor daughter rights. I just can't wait to get back on my feet again.

6 hours ago, milimelo said:

Definitely go into the US embassy for ACS appointment- you want help from them with getting your husband’s death certificate and also assistance getting SS death benefits for your daughter. 

This is absolutely the best idea I think should works. Thank u so much. The will definitely considering of as ASC service cuz it's about my husband and daughter 👍

• 4 weeks later...

Is the date range of process time in visajourney accurate? It always changed in my visa timeline? The latest update of my visa timeline is this( Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between November 25, 2018 and November 30, 2018*. 

If this date range has passed or your application is past due per USCIS processing times then you should consider calling the ...etc) 

although I 130 process times in potomac service center according to uscis website is from 9 to 12 months and till now my application is still pending. Why visajpurney estimated that my application will be adjudicated on November like within 5 months? I need more explanations please cuz this is confusing me. I called uscis and cuz I am a beneficiary of the application, they couldn't provide me of any update of my case although the petitioner passed away. It's still pending when I checked the status online. But an immigration officer in uscis said u should mail the potomac service center my huhusband death certificate and ask them to swith it to I 360 for widow. The lawyer never said that to me. The lawyer said I habehave toto wait till the I 130 gets approved then they willwill automatically switch the approved application to widow visa. Do you think uscis will keep processing ii 130 even if I didn't send them his death certificate but then once the application sent to NVC, I update them about his death. I am thinking maybe it's better to wait until it's approved and ssent to nvc, then I send nvc his death certificate because I'm worried if I did that now while it's pending, the process time gets longer? What do I think? Please some advices . 

one last. Questions,  what month moe uscis is processing?! It's taking so long. 

can I expedite the widow visa for resettlement or humaniteranian reason cuz now me andand munot daughter are in refugee shelter in Netherlands and it's so bad here. My daughter gets fever every week since we arrived to this shelter.

it's not healthy for us especially for her since she is American so they should consider that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.