Ajk3visa

If petitioner passed away!!!!! (merged)

119 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Hypnos said:

That is one of the reasons why in my first post in September I said to obtain a certified copy of your husband's death certificate at that time and immediately provide it to USCIS.

I understand that you were having difficulties in obtaining it then, but I would have thought his family could have obtained copies and then sent you some.

Either way, you will have to just deal with whatever way they want to do it now.

In that time my husband just passed away a month before and I asked my family in law to send me his death certificate, they were so busy, sad, grieving, and angry at everyone especially me because they think he overdosed because of me and because he never had a chance to meet his child!!!! When I asked them his death certificate, his sister yelled at me and said all I care about is to have his death certificate to collect his SSN benefits!!!! Whatever I stopped asking them just to avoid misunderstanding issues in that grieving moments!!! I got so angry at them. I also stopped sending them photos of my child cuz they were always asking me to send them her photos.  I felt all the world was against me in that time.  But then they finally apologised to me and said they didn't know how to think and things were crazy at that moments.   Then finally my child grandmother started to reply to my emails one month ago ( maybe just because she wants to see her grandchild photos who knows). She said she doesn't have a copy of it yet and she doesn't want to have one because she is afraid to look at his death certificate and believe he really died then she just sent me the link of it. I understand that part of grief denying and the difficulty of believing that someone died because I went through this too and I still get some weird dreams that I got an email from Monroe county that has a pdf link of his death certificate,  but never opened it just because I am so afraid it is true he died and I don't want to really believe he is officially dead!!!! So maybe I shouldn't blame them because it is so hard to think right, make right decisions, communicate in a right way with others when you are going through the worst sadness moment in your life. I myself became so angry at everyone, sad, and moody, I had so many misunderstanding arguments with so many people in the refugee camp. I was just overreacting to people who play with my daughter and give her candies without asking me first. 

I can empathise both with losing a spouse and having your relative's family be not all you would want them to be. 

Just ensure that you provide the NVC with that copy of the death certificate when you receive it. They may be able to do the I-130 -> I-360 conversion themselves. If not, they will return your petition to USCIS for them to do it. 

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post removed. Please stick to answering the OP's questions~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone again, 

I have some questions regarding the processing times at NVC for my specific complicated situation, not the general processing times that everyone with normal case situation goes through.

**Latest Update of my situation so you remember my case in case you forgot: 

My lawyer Said she will let NVC to convert my case to an I 360, widow visa because my current case now at NVC  is an IR 1 visa.

MY lawyer emailed me saying,

"Now that your case has been inputted into the CEAC system, I will email NVC with the relevant documents and ask them to continue processing your petition as an I-360. I've received confirmation from an immigration expert that NVC should be able to convert the petition type without sending it back to USCIS. However, I need an updated G-28 form to send along with the email. Will you be able to sign the third page of the attached form next to the arrow and send it back to me? I will also ask that your case be transferred to the embassy in the Netherlands for consular processing at the same time."

So my question is, how long does it take NVC to convert the approved IR1 visa to a widow visa? And is there a processing time for this conversion in NVC or it's just something automatically happen?

Because in USCIC website they say the approved I 130 will be considered an approved I 360 for widows. So does that mean my case now is being treated at NVC as an approved I360?!

Another question that is related to changing my address from Saudi Arabia to Netherlands, does the change come automatically or it takes so long because that change also will lead to a change of my CEAC account logging information. My current CEAC Account start with the code letters of the U.S. embassy in Riyadh, like this "RID12344...". So when they transfer my case to Amsterdam, I'm pretty sure this logging account will be different and have the US embassy code betters of Amsterdam,  maybe it starts with "AMS12345..." like that.   I'm not sure what is the Amsterdam code letters are, I was just guessing. I will anyways know later.  So do you think all these changing of the mailing address, the us embassy country, the embassy code, and the whole case from IR1 to Widow visa will delay the whole processing at NVC, or they all just happen automatically without any delays and my case goes through normal processing times like any normal case? 

It's confusing me because because NVC told me they already updated my address once I asked them but they also said if I need the processing to be done in this new country, I need to provide them proof of address!! But how did they update my address without proof of address?!
Well my lawyer already emailed them everything like proof of address last week once I forwarded the email to her,  and we both now are waiting for any new update from NVC but now when I log in to my CEAC, I still don't see my new address and I still see the interview embassy is in Riyadh!! So how did they say they updated my address but not the processing location but the embassy address in my CEAC account is still in Riyadh, SA?! 
Here is the NVC email below so you understand why I'm confused.

"Dear Sir/Madam:

We updated the Principal Applicant's address as you asked. He or she may want to process at the U.S. embassy or consulate in the new country.

If you would like to change the processing location, the Petitioner, Principal Applicant, or Attorney of Record may submit a request to NVC.

Proof that the Principal Applicant has a legal right to reside in the new country must be sent with the request. However, if the new embassy or consulate is in his or her country of birth, no proof is required.

Possible proof can be a copy of one of the following documents:

Birth certificate

Valid unexpired passport

Identity card

Landed immigrant paperwork

Valid work visa

Refugee paperwork

Please submit the request to change the processing location and proof to asknvc@state.gov."

Please anyonso with similar experience like converting a case at NVC or changing an address at NVC please share me how things was going through.

And thanks in advance ,

Edited by Ajk3visa

2 hours ago, Ajk3visa said:

Dear Sir/Madam:

We updated the Principal Applicant's address as you asked.

It appears they updated the address.   Sign the G-28 so the attorney may represent you and you should be all set.   

There is no time frame for NVC for processing.   NVC will change the Embassy Interview location to AMS.  I do not think they will change the case number.  NVC is pretty quick about it tho compared to the I-130 process. 

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

4 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

It appears they updated the address.   Sign the G-28 so the attorney may represent you and you should be all set.   

There is no time frame for NVC for processing.   NVC will change the Embassy Interview location to AMS.  I do not think they will change the case number.  NVC is pretty quick about it tho compared to the I-130 process. 

Yes I already signed it and sent it to her and I think she already submitted the g28 to NVC with the proof of address and my late husband death certificate asking them to continue processing it as an I 360. But the case number starts with the code letters of the US embassy in Riyadh!!! I thought they may send me a new case number that starts with the code letters of the US embassy in Amsterdam. You mean the code letters doesn't matter to them?!  Because what I knew recently from a post I read Herr in vusajourney,  that the code letters of the case number represent the country you are having your interview in if I'm not wrong. If they don't need to change my case number when they transfer my case to Amsterdam, so that is great. And I hope things go so quickly.

57 minutes ago, Ajk3visa said:

the case number starts with the code letters of the US embassy

. . . where it was originally to be adjudicated.  I don't think that case numbers do not change when the post changes.  Any post can see any case.   If they are treating the I360 as a new petition it may change.   

You will know shortly.   I'm glad things are moving along.

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

Its me again.
Yesterday I paid NVC for my visa application fees using a US bank account of my friend's parents in USA because NVC only accepts US bank accounts and I sent a copy of the recipt to them.  But today my freind's father emailed me and said the payment may not go through because the name doesnt match and he emaoled me the right bank account name which is his wife name. But yesterday he gave me the account numbers without the account holder name cuz he was busy then i asked my friend's mother about the name of the account holder and she gave me her husband name and said she thinks he emailed me his bank account and then i put his name and his wife bank accoaccount numbers but i thought the account is for her husband.  
Anyways the account name doesn't match with the account numbers. The payment is in process now. Today i knew from my friends parents that i put the wrong name. They realized that when they saw the reciept i sent to them. 

So today i tried to pay again to see if i have an option to correct the name in the payment section or resubmit it again even if its still in process but i couldn't even go to the payment section ananymor because the payment is  IN PROCESS so i cant do anything yet.

My questions are

1- Do you guys think the NVC will give me another chance to resubmit the payment with the correct account information ( correct name) after they declined the payment ( because I am pretty sure it will be declined because the name doesn't match) ?

2- How long its going to take NVC to update me about my payment to tell me its declined and i need to resubmit the payment again?

3- Is it gonna be more complicated now because I messed up in payment?

And Thanks In Advance,

• 10 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/1/2019 at 5:04 PM, Ajk3visa said:

Hey everyone,

Its me again.
Yesterday I paid NVC for my visa application fees using a US bank account of my friend's parents in USA because NVC only accepts US bank accounts and I sent a copy of the recipt to them.  But today my freind's father emailed me and said the payment may not go through because the name doesnt match and he emaoled me the right bank account name which is his wife name. But yesterday he gave me the account numbers without the account holder name cuz he was busy then i asked my friend's mother about the name of the account holder and she gave me her husband name and said she thinks he emailed me his bank account and then i put his name and his wife bank accoaccount numbers but i thought the account is for her husband.  
Anyways the account name doesn't match with the account numbers. The payment is in process now. Today i knew from my friends parents that i put the wrong name. They realized that when they saw the reciept i sent to them. 

So today i tried to pay again to see if i have an option to correct the name in the payment section or resubmit it again even if its still in process but i couldn't even go to the payment section ananymor because the payment is  IN PROCESS so i cant do anything yet.

My questions are

1- Do you guys think the NVC will give me another chance to resubmit the payment with the correct account information ( correct name) after they declined the payment ( because I am pretty sure it will be declined because the name doesn't match) ?

2- How long its going to take NVC to update me about my payment to tell me its declined and i need to resubmit the payment again?

3- Is it gonna be more complicated now because I messed up in payment?

And Thanks In Advance,

Hi- I have the same case as you..mine is CR1 and my petitioner passed away also. I sent already the death cert of my husband to NVC last dec15, 2019 still no feedback yet. My case was sent for supervisor review last March 2, 2020 and agent said I need to wait for 2-6weeks for the update.

When you paid your fees, was it already under widow visa category? coz for me I didnt pay yet the fees for AOS and IV fee because it is still under CR1 visa. Lastly, did you get your visa already?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Step29 said:

Hi- I have the same case as you..mine is CR1 and my petitioner passed away also. I sent already the death cert of my husband to NVC last dec15, 2019 still no feedback yet. My case was sent for supervisor review last March 2, 2020 and agent said I need to wait for 2-6weeks for the update.

When you paid your fees, was it already under widow visa category? coz for me I didnt pay yet the fees for AOS and IV fee because it is still under CR1 visa. Lastly, did you get your visa already?

Thanks.

She got her visa at the end of October last year. Her's was a bit more complicated since she had fled to Netherlands for asylum and her inlaws wouldnt send a death certificate.

If they convert you to an I-360 then you don't pay any fees.

There is nothing to say you can't file your own I-360 in Riyadh when there is still an I-130 at NVC

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

She got her visa at the end of October last year. Her's was a bit more complicated since she had fled to Netherlands for asylum and her inlaws wouldnt send a death certificate.

If they convert you to an I-360 then you don't pay any fees.

There is nothing to say you can't file your own I-360 in Riyadh when there is still an I-130 at NVC

Okay. I hope she can update here. I wanna know whether nvc convert her spousal visa or they sent it back to uscis. This is just I want to make sure coz NVC doesnt have a clear info on whats gonna happen with my case.

I supposed to file an I-360 in Riyadh but they asked me if I have pending I-130. I told them yes and they advised me to wait for an update from NVC. Unlike in Manila, some of my widows friends, they have pending spousal but embassy accepted them to file I-360.I think it depends on the embassy..

32 minutes ago, Step29 said:

Okay. I hope she can update here. I wanna know whether nvc convert her spousal visa or they sent it back to uscis. This is just I want to make sure coz NVC doesnt have a clear info on whats gonna happen with my case.

I supposed to file an I-360 in Riyadh but they asked me if I have pending I-130. I told them yes and they advised me to wait for an update from NVC. Unlike in Manila, some of my widows friends, they have pending spousal but embassy accepted them to file I-360.I think it depends on the embassy..

You will have to wait for the NVC now as all of the consulates are closed.

You have to stand up and fight for yourself to get this done.  Waiting endlessly for a response is going to get you just that - an endless wait.

There is a 2 year limit on the I-360.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

You will have to wait for the NVC now as all of the consulates are closed.

You have to stand up and fight for yourself to get this done.  Waiting endlessly for a response is going to get you just that - an endless wait.

There is a 2 year limit on the I-360.

Yes thats right. I know my husband wants me to get this done. I am just praying nvc will not send back to uscis instead they will just convert it since my I-130 was already approved.

most of the things I have read, nothing to be done from my side as it will be converted to I-1360 as long as nvc has a copy of death cert. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
On 3/25/2019 at 4:29 PM, Paul & Mary said:

. . . where it was originally to be adjudicated.  I don't think that case numbers do not change when the post changes.  Any post can see any case.   If they are treating the I360 as a new petition it may change.   

You will know shortly.   I'm glad things are moving along.

Our case number changed when the post was changed due to embassy in my husbands home country being closed. Not sure if that applies to all cases, but for us the NVC case number was updated only for interview location purpose.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.