TBoneTX

February 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
16 minutes ago, TobyJuanKenobi said:

Hang in there! I can totally relate to the stress this whole process is eliciting. Something that has worked for my fiance and I is being conscious about how much we discuss the visa in our conversations -- easier said than done, I know, but it helps to just focus on what you're grateful for and think about the little things that made you smile everyday. Otherwise, "The Visa" tends to overpower all our conversations. I'm crossing my fingers for this week, too! We can do this!

I totally relate to this, a few days before we got approved I realised that the visa application was all I talked about anymore so I made a conscious effort to not talk about it for at least a week. My fiance is very relaxed about the whole process so it was me constantly talking/worrying about it, not him. It just so happened a couple of days after I vowed to not talk about it we got approved anyway. But in the couple of days I decided to just drop it I realised we'd not really spoken 'properly' for a while and it was so nice to talk about other stuff and it actually relaxed me so much. Its really easy to let this whole thing take over before you've even realised it

NOA1: February 13th

NOA2: September 4th

NVC case # assigned: September 21st 

Medical @ Knightsbridge: December 5th

Interview: December 17th

event.png

55 minutes ago, madameMaison said:

My birthday is coming up on September 29, and I turn 24. Every year since 2016 I have spent my birthdays with my lover. I never imagined this would be happening. 

But he consoled me this weekend and told me to just apply for my visitor visa so I can come and visit him for Christmas and New year's, and spend the whole of December with him . Regardless of how long this process takes,  this has given me something to look forward to, and a good distraction . I'm just looking forward to spending time with him and familiarise myself with his country, and honestly this fiancé visa can take however long it wants. I don't care anymore because they don't bloody care about our feelings either 😂. So I'm just choosing not to be phased. Our dates are Feb 14th (old site) Feb 19th (new site) , and the case inquiry said we should expect a response by October 5th. So? 

I'm throwing it all up in the air and continuing with life. Tired of making myself lose my mind.🌼

What you’ll need to do is show that you have STRONG ties to return to SA after your visit. What the Embassy will really need in order to be grant the visa is proof of reasons to return home to SA: letters from your company stating you are taking leave from x date to y date and returning to work after that, copies of title deeds to any properties you own (or mortgage statements) or copies of lease if renting, etc. if you have children they’re living at home while you come to the US, even better. It appears that with more people overstaying, visas are getting harder for South Africans to get, so they have to be sure to show the right stuff, which is all about what will make them go back to SA after. 

What do you have to lose, except your time and $160 dollars. Go for it.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 9/15/2018 at 2:22 PM, TobyJuanKenobi said:

Long-time lurker here. I submitted my petition in early February; the site says my case was received February 12th, and I still have no word. I'm starting to feel pretty shitty about this - especially seeing all the people who submitted way after me who have already heard back. My fiance called on wednesday and all people from USCIS could say is that it is still being processed and that we could open up an inquiry (which he did). I'm trying to be patient, but this is getting to be kind of ridiculous. Anyone else out there who hasn't heard back? M

We are in the same exact situation. No news yet.

5 hours ago, madameMaison said:

Awww.. be well beloved. I wish you peace and love in your Relationship. It's hard on the both of you, but arguing and letting the dreadful wait overwhelm you is only going to drive you to insanity and depression. This almost happened to me, I would cry and cry and regret other things , like maybe If we started the fiancé process in 2016 , we wouldn't be here waiting , or maybe we should have gotten married instead of this route , etc etc ! All the should have , could haves, being tired of this limbo, wishing I had my lover to go on a date with, a vacation, or just lay in his arms again. 

It all drove me to depression rapidly! And I was the cause with my attitude, he was level headed and calm. So I realized all this negativity only attracts more negativity. This journey is already hard enough, fighting and moaning only makes it harder. 

Simply reconcile with your fiancé, tell him how much you love him, and let every call /video call be the highlight of his day, smile, and discuss and plan about other wonderful things coming for you two. 

I know it's hard, but you'll be okay. Be at ease, and be kind to yourselves. 🌼

Thank you. Your posts are always so uplifting and filled with love. I needed that today. It was a hard weekend...it was my birthday, a lot of drama with my teenage son, super stressed at work. Just a lot going on. And this is not helping and him and I had a lot of tough conversations. And a lot of tears. It’s just stressful. These conversations are so hard to have from thousands of miles apart! But we will push on and grow from this and hopefully both change for the better. Fingers still crossed for good news for us all this week!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
6 hours ago, Lucrezia_ITALY said:

We are in the same exact situation. No news yet.

Same...waiting for letters telling me that nothing is happening. Supposedly there is a draft of an RFE made on 8/31 but it hasn't been mailed. Day 220

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Good morning to all. 

After 6 days of stressing out and not being able to think of anything else. USCIS finally notify me that they received my RFE response Sept 17. ...

All hopes and prayers for everyone that sent out their RFE responses. 

The waiting days begin once again!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
18 hours ago, Eleanor & Jack said:

I realised we'd not really spoken 'properly' for a while and it was so nice to talk about other stuff and it actually relaxed me so much.

I just read this and it's true, we tend to make everything around the visa, but being so close it's almost impossible not to. If we say "I miss you" it always goes around and it goes like "we'll be together soon" / "do you have any news yet?/"Did you checked the mail?"...... From today on I'll try to not talk about the visa thing for a while, I can't hurry the process anyways so what's the point right?

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

My lover called the USCIS today and the lady said she sees no RFE coming to us because if there was one it would be listed in the notes. She said we must just stick to the expected service enquiry response date which is the October 5th 🌼

I Am Happy ! 😂  It's progress to know that we won't have waited 235 days just to be told we got an RFE. So I'm at ease. ✔ . Count down to October 5th Starts Now. 🔥💀

18 minutes ago, madameMaison said:

My lover called the USCIS today and the lady said she sees no RFE coming to us because if there was one it would be listed in the notes. She said we must just stick to the expected service enquiry response date which is the October 5th 🌼

I Am Happy ! 😂  It's progress to know that we won't have waited 235 days just to be told we got an RFE. So I'm at ease. ✔ . Count down to October 5th Starts Now. 🔥💀

That is such good news! It's not long till October 5th at all, it's just that the days are dragging but in reality it's only around the corner. :) Hoping for your NOA2! 

I want one of us with an RFE to hear back soon to at least give the rest of us some hope with RFEs also, heh

Filed & Mailed I-129f:                           13th Feb. 2018

Packet Delivered:                                  16th Feb. 2018

NOA1 Text & Email:                               20th Feb. 2018

NOA1 Hard copy Received:                  24th Feb. 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
19 minutes ago, madameMaison said:

It doesn't mean u still can't get a rfe. Just means there's nothing on the notes as of yet. 

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline
1 hour ago, mdma11 said:

Absolutely!

We can only hope for the best lol. There isn’t anything we can do really 

NOA1: 02/26/2018 (old website)

NOA1: 03/01/2018 (new website)

RFE issued 09/19/2018 - waiting for the hard copy 

Finally Recieved a faxed copy of the RFE 10/22/2018 

sent the faxed RFE copy 10/29/2018 

Received a hard copy in the mail 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/06/2018 😃💃💃💃

Received an email from NVC about receiving the case Recently. 11/15/2018

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.