TBoneTX

February 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,664 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

Ah ok i booked mine as soon as it was in transit 

I wish! Germany is different that way. But thankfully they still have interviews lots in January available!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

my fiance just scheduled her medical exam for this Friday but was told the next available interview is February 5th...

Seriously?

wtw?

55 minutes ago, Zumbadaddy said:

my fiance just scheduled her medical exam for this Friday but was told the next available interview is February 5th...

Seriously?

wtw?

Why are you so surprised by that. They have the gold and so they get to make the rules. I recommend that you keep an on eye on the scheduling and hopefully another slot will open up that was canceled and you then can cancel yours and grab the open appointment for yourselves.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, Margeee said:

Thank you so much!! 😊😊😊

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 4:51 PM, SAlove18 said:

I completed ds160 how do i schedule an interview what is next 

The best thing you can do is head on over to this thread and make yourself comfortable and knowledgeable from others who are processing from SA. Link is here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/663264-south-african-k1-visa-applicants/

Here is the P3 letter for South Africa https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eFx68_qjxcdedQnvDkdB5A0oKTew17VW/view?usp=sharing

Some additional information to be aware of:

Best thing for you all to do is get your police certificates BUT they cannot be older than 6 months.  If you were 16 and older and lived in another country besides S.A., then you will need a police certificate from there as well, so be prepared.

Start gathering documents, originals of birth certificates, divorce decree's, pictures and other evidence of your relationship that was not included in your original package (since it will take some time, they still want to see you are still an active couple).  Any passport photos cannot be older than 6 months old. 

When you get your NOA2, give it about 10 days before you call NVC and asking status of your case.  You can always call USCIS for your status, but they are not the friendliest and I wouldn't even but them until at least 90 days minimum, I highly doubt they have caught up with the backlog, especially with all the immigration and DACA stuff going on.  The NVC is much friendlier, when you get there and will help you with no problem with any update you are asking.  But normally when you get your NOA2, like I said give it at least 10 days before you call them.  They didn't get our package for at least 14 days.

After you get your NOA2 and your package goes to NVC, it goes pretty quick, so use this time wisely to gather all your documents.  The petitioner needs to provide pay stubs (3 months), I-134 Aff. of Support, Employment verification letter, VA eligibility letter, if applicable, to show as part of income and last 3 years of tax records.

Then once NVC processes your package, a medical appointment can be made, you only have 2 options, one in Joburg and one in Cape Town.  My fiancé went to Joburg.   It's a 2 day process, but spread between 3 days.  You go one day for bloodwork and x-rays and the next for shots and discussion with the dr., so plan on that.

Your finance, not the petitioner, will need to fill out the Visa app online, DS-160 and pay the fee.

Make sure you set up your online account correctly and schedule the interview. They only do K1 visa interviews there at the consulate the last 2 weeks of the month and only on Tues and Thursdays.  So plan wisely.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Okay my final question I talked to my fiancé and she is going to fly in to help me. But in my I129f I put my adoptive mother under my family information as well as my ds160. When I go to the interview i plan to bring my birth certificate that has my real mother’s name and my adoption paperwork. Does anyone think it would be a problem? I also wrote down my nickname on my I129f because my fiancé calls me by it in our messages and on social media but on my ds160 it asked about professional alias. And I said no. I’m not sure if this will cause any issue

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

@Katherine Vega I’m in a similar situation as you.. awaiting RFe response.. this wait is killing me! This is one of the hardest things ever in life.. I can’t believe it’s been almost a year and  I still did not receive my noa2. 

17 hours ago, Katherine Vega said:

If there is still anybody in this group... we got finally  approved after almost a year waiting! 😦🥴🤗

Congratulations!!! Hope the rest of the journey goes smoothly for you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 1/23/2019 at 12:43 AM, Kirankpan said:

@Katherine Vega I’m in a similar situation as you.. awaiting RFe response.. this wait is killing me! This is one of the hardest things ever in life.. I can’t believe it’s been almost a year and  I still did not receive my noa2. 

I know!! It’s frustrating... I’m glad we had our answer but still we have to wait  again! I know we are at the final stage but I just want this process to be over 💆🏻‍♀️. Keep your head up and Be Strong that you will get your NOA2 soon! 

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 2:44 PM, SAlove18 said:

Okay my final question I talked to my fiancé and she is going to fly in to help me. But in my I129f I put my adoptive mother under my family information as well as my ds160. When I go to the interview i plan to bring my birth certificate that has my real mother’s name and my adoption paperwork. Does anyone think it would be a problem? I also wrote down my nickname on my I129f because my fiancé calls me by it in our messages and on social media but on my ds160 it asked about professional alias. And I said no. I’m not sure if this will cause any issue

That question can be best answered by someone from SA in the SA sub-forum. https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/89-africa-sub-saharan/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.