1,373 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 hours ago, Annaguilar said:

Any september filer who got approved of ead/ap yet? 😊😊😊

Hi,     No, nothing for me yet, we filed mid Sep and got the NOA September 25, I had my biometrics 10 Oct..... so just waiting! the VJ time line is slipping back too, the Government shut down shouldn't affect the USCIS but it seems to be!

I am hoping that the estimated dates are slipping back because people on the VJ site not updating there time lines.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

FWIW, from my daily scans of the receipt number blocks, it looks like mid-August is seeing some activity.

2018/08/28 - mailed combo 130/485/131/765 with evidence, omitted 693, used personal checks and USPS priority mail

2018/09/07 - e-notice for received apps (some went to spam), checks cashed

2018/09/13 - hard copies of receipts for above

2018/09/14 - e-notice for biometrics notice

2018/09/22 - bio appt hard copies arrived, with 10/08 date

2018/09/25 - courtesy letter for missing I-693

2018/09/26 - biometrics completed early as walk-in

2018/10/03 - e-notice for "case is ready to be scheduled"

2019/01/31 - e-notice for "new card ordered for production" (EAD)
2019/02/05 - hard copies of notices of approval for EAD and AP

2019/10/07 - mailed renewal apps for EAD and AP (~120d before combo card expiration)

2019/12/03 - got 693 medical exam in sealed envelope

2019/12/11 - e-notification "interview was scheduled"

2019/12/17 - interview notice delivered, 2020/1/15

2020/1/15 - interview in SF, card in production

2020/1/24 - Conditional (2year) green card received in mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
11 hours ago, colin57 said:

Hi,     No, nothing for me yet, we filed mid Sep and got the NOA September 25, I had my biometrics 10 Oct..... so just waiting! the VJ time line is slipping back too, the Government shut down shouldn't affect the USCIS but it seems to be!

I am hoping that the estimated dates are slipping back because people on the VJ site not updating there time lines.

I think that is mostly because people don't update their timeline 😓Shutdown does not affect USCIS and the inquiry dates on USCIS website are going forward every day so there is some progress :) NOA1 Sep 17 here, also still waiting to hear back. Hopefully somewhere next month, gave up the hope it'll be end of this month lol

27 minutes ago, C90 said:

I think that is mostly because people don't update their timeline 😓Shutdown does not affect USCIS and the inquiry dates on USCIS website are going forward every day so there is some progress :) NOA1 Sep 17 here, also still waiting to hear back. Hopefully somewhere next month, gave up the hope it'll be end of this month lol

I think we should all just wish for the 5 month mark (for EAD) and then be grateful if we do beat it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
59 minutes ago, KatziGuthmann said:

Hello, dear Berries! I'm here to share my interview experience.

It was yesterday, on January 15th in Seattle, WA. It was very easy and we got approved at spot.

We arrived 40 minutes earlier, went through security check (they most likely will ask you to take your shoes off - pretty much like in an airport), then got our number (it was 52) and went upstairs where the interview rooms are. We heard numbers 34 and 35 called and were sure to get stuck for a couple hours. But we were called next, about 5 minutes before our scheduled time.

The officer was very nice and really made the interview to not feel as such an official thing. At first we swore to tell the truth, only truth and nothing but truth. Then he asked us for our passports and IDs since he saw them in our folder. Then he took a picture of me (for identification purposes he said) and fingerprints of both index fingers. Then he said we'd go through the form to confirm the data. He asked me pretty much all the question from I-485: my full name, date of birth, previous names, address and work history, names of my parents, number of marriages and children, my wife's full name and date of birth. During that he asked me if I was working since I arrived. I said no, and he asked, "How do you guys pay for stuff?". My wife said that she's working full-time, and he seemed to be pleased with the answer. Then he went through all the yes/no questions. When I answered he was crossing out every point all this time. After that he signed the form and asked me for another signature. 

After this part he asked how we met. We told the whole story from our first message till our days. He asked when exactly we started dating and if the website we met on was a dating site. Then he was like "Okay, I see you brought some papers for me, let's see them". He was only interested in relationship proofs, he didn't asked for any additional financial papers or of what was already submitted - so no birth certificates/marriage certificates/ SSNs. He took the vet bills with both our names on it. It was the only type of bills we had - before that we told him we're living on the land owned by my wife's dad, so he was fine with us not giving any utility bills. Also he added to our case the print out of phone bill that shows that I'm added to the family plan, copies of wedding/Christmas card sent to both of us and a letter from the insurance company that shows me as dependent. Then he flipped through our photo album (approx. 60 photos since our first meeting till Christmas). He asked about people in a few of the pictures, then asked where our wedding ceremony took place. There was a cute moment when he saw a picture of us with our puppy and was like "Oh is it your dog?? Okay, now you're all the way in." Oh and also at some point he asked what field I want to work in.

That was it. He said, "Now you can relax, I'm gonna approve your case" and asked me if I'd like to get a stamp in my passport that will serve as a temporary Green Card. Of course I said yes (I feel more secure with this stamp haha). He said he'd bring it in about 15 minutes downstairs, so we waited there for him. The I-551 stamp says it's employment authorized and valid for 2 months. We left the building and were in the car at 11.00 (interview was scheduled for 10.30). Last night my status changed twice - first to "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed" and then in a couple hours to "New card is being produced".

So overall it was a VERY easy and pleasant experience. I hope everyone waiting will ave their interviews soon and as nice as mine!

@KatziGuthmann was your application expidited? I'm much more in the dark about the green card, EAD, and AP process  than I was with the initial I-129F filing. I guess it's cause this application is field office specific. We share the same field office, Seattle. In fact my husband and I live down the road from the office (so lucky:) In any case it seems that you filed about 15 days before us. If that's the case, is there reason to think that I'll have my interview soon as well? 

Also to everybody here, is there a way to do a search for those people/profiles on VJ who have gone to interviews at a specific field office?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, J&B said:

@KatziGuthmann was your application expidited? I'm much more in the dark about the green card, EAD, and AP process  than I was with the initial I-129F filing. I guess it's cause this application is field office specific. We share the same field office, Seattle. In fact my husband and I live down the road from the office (so lucky:) In any case it seems that you filed about 15 days before us. If that's the case, is there reason to think that I'll have my interview soon as well? 

Also to everybody here, is there a way to do a search for those people/profiles on VJ who have gone to interviews at a specific field office?

My application wasn’t expedited, I have no idea why it went through so fast. I wasn’t expecting it until next Christmas. I’m not complaining though! 😄

K-1 journey (Sept 2017 - July 2018)

Spoiler

08/31/2017 - petition mailed                                             03/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"           

09/05/2017 - case received                                               05/07/2018 - medical - passed 

09/07/2017 - NOA1                                                             05/10/2018 - interview - approved

03/07/2018 - NOA2 (case status updated 03/08)         05/14/2018 - VOH

03/22/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned          06/18/2018 - POE Seattle

03/26/2018 - NVC left                                                        07/07/2018 - wedding

AOS journey (Sept 2018 - Jan 2019)

Spoiler

09/05/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/07/2018 - cases received 

09/13/2018 - NOA1s

10/05/2018 - biometrics appointment

12/07/2018 - interview scheduled

01/15/2019 - interview - approved

xx/xx/2019 - combo card approved

xx/xx/2019 - combo card received

01/22/2019 - Green Card received

ROC journey (Oct 2020 - Jun 2021)

Spoiler

10/16/2020 - 01/14/2021 - window for applying

10/26/2020 - petition mailed

10/29/2020 - case received

11/25/2020 - check cashed

11/23/2020 - NOA1

12/16/2020 - biometrics appointment/waived

xx/xx/xxxx - interview scheduled

xx/xx/xxxx - interview 

06/03/2022 - ROC petition approved

06/07/2022 - green card received

Naturalization journey (Jan 2022 - )

01/31/2022 - N-400 form filed online

01/31/2022 - biometrics reuse notice

xx/xx/xxxx - interview

xx/xx/xxxx - oath ceremony

1 hour ago, KatziGuthmann said:

Hello, dear Berries! I'm here to share my interview experience.

It was yesterday, on January 15th in Seattle, WA. It was very easy and we got approved at spot.

We arrived 40 minutes earlier, went through security check (they most likely will ask you to take your shoes off - pretty much like in an airport), then got our number (it was 52) and went upstairs where the interview rooms are. We heard numbers 34 and 35 called and were sure to get stuck for a couple hours. But we were called next, about 5 minutes before our scheduled time.

The officer was very nice and really made the interview to not feel as such an official thing. At first we swore to tell the truth, only truth and nothing but truth. Then he asked us for our passports and IDs since he saw them in our folder. Then he took a picture of me (for identification purposes he said) and fingerprints of both index fingers. Then he said we'd go through the form to confirm the data. He asked me pretty much all the question from I-485: my full name, date of birth, previous names, address and work history, names of my parents, number of marriages and children, my wife's full name and date of birth. During that he asked me if I was working since I arrived. I said no, and he asked, "How do you guys pay for stuff?". My wife said that she's working full-time, and he seemed to be pleased with the answer. Then he went through all the yes/no questions. When I answered he was crossing out every point all this time. After that he signed the form and asked me for another signature. 

After this part he asked how we met. We told the whole story from our first message till our days. He asked when exactly we started dating and if the website we met on was a dating site. Then he was like "Okay, I see you brought some papers for me, let's see them". He was only interested in relationship proofs, he didn't asked for any additional financial papers or of what was already submitted - so no birth certificates/marriage certificates/ SSNs. He took the vet bills with both our names on it. It was the only type of bills we had - before that we told him we're living on the land owned by my wife's dad, so he was fine with us not giving any utility bills. Also he added to our case the print out of phone bill that shows that I'm added to the family plan, copies of wedding/Christmas card sent to both of us and a letter from the insurance company that shows me as dependent. Then he flipped through our photo album (approx. 60 photos since our first meeting till Christmas). He asked about people in a few of the pictures, then asked where our wedding ceremony took place. There was a cute moment when he saw a picture of us with our puppy and was like "Oh is it your dog?? Okay, now you're all the way in." Oh and also at some point he asked what field I want to work in.

That was it. He said, "Now you can relax, I'm gonna approve your case" and asked me if I'd like to get a stamp in my passport that will serve as a temporary Green Card. Of course I said yes (I feel more secure with this stamp haha). He said he'd bring it in about 15 minutes downstairs, so we waited there for him. The I-551 stamp says it's employment authorized and valid for 2 months. We left the building and were in the car at 11.00 (interview was scheduled for 10.30). Last night my status changed twice - first to "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed" and then in a couple hours to "New card is being produced".

So overall it was a VERY easy and pleasant experience. I hope everyone waiting will ave their interviews soon and as nice as mine!

This is so fascinating. Im october filer and my case went too fast too. i had my interview before you but we're not approve on the spot IO just gave us a copy of piece of paper of recommendation of approval..my status still "interview was completed and case must review"

Question: is your ead/ap status online says "CASE IS CLOSE CASE RECEIVED BENEFITS BY OTHER MEANS" before or after your status became card being produce?

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
14 minutes ago, KatziGuthmann said:

My application wasn’t expedited, I have no idea why it went through so fast. I wasn’t expecting it until next Christmas. I’m not complaining though! 😄

14 minutes ago, KatziGuthmann said:

That's what I thought. There is only one other person from the Seattle area that filed in September that also had their interview already. I am also expecting my interview to be around Christmas this year, but hopefully I get lucky too. 

My status has not changed on the app since I filed, not even after boimetrics. I did however receive an email notice on December 10th that the last status update to my case was made on November 26th. Do not know what that even means. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, icanbenobody said:

This is so fascinating. Im october filer and my case went too fast too. i had my interview before you but we're not approve on the spot IO just gave us a copy of piece of paper of recommendation of approval..my status still "interview was completed and case must review"

Question: is your ead/ap status online says "CASE IS CLOSE CASE RECEIVED BENEFITS BY OTHER MEANS" before or after your status became card being produce?

Thanks

My ead/ap status didn't change, it still says "Fingerprint review was completed" for ead and "Case was received" for ap. I think they might stay the same and never change, online status is quite an unreliable source, I think..

Spoiler

08/31/2017 - petition mailed                                             03/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"           

09/05/2017 - case received                                               05/07/2018 - medical - passed 

09/07/2017 - NOA1                                                             05/10/2018 - interview - approved

03/26/2018 - NVC left                                                        07/07/2018 - wedding

Spoiler

09/13/2018 - NOA1s

Spoiler

11/23/2020 - NOA1

xx/xx/xxxx - interview 

xx/xx/xxxx - interview

33 minutes ago, KatziGuthmann said:

My ead/ap status didn't change, it still says "Fingerprint review was completed" for ead and "Case was received" for ap. I think they might stay the same and never change, online status is quite an unreliable source, I think..

My status just change to:

Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service

On January 16, 2019, the Post Office picked up mail containing your new card for Receipt Number MSC***. We mailed your card to the address you gave us. The tracking number assigned is ***. You can use your tracking number at www.USPS.com in the Quick Tools 

34 minutes ago, KatziGuthmann said:

I think we should not rely too much with online status update..mine didnt update to APROVED after case must be reviewed and just now its said card was pick up by usps.

Timeline
39 minutes ago, icanbenobody said:

My status just change to:

Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service

On January 16, 2019, the Post Office picked up mail containing your new card for Receipt Number MSC***. We mailed your card to the address you gave us. The tracking number assigned is ***. You can use your tracking number at www.USPS.com in the Quick Tools 

Yayyy! Congrats! You see, no trust in online status..

Spoiler

Spoiler

09/13/2018 - NOA1s

Spoiler

11/23/2020 - NOA1

xx/xx/xxxx - interview 

xx/xx/xxxx - interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.