1,373 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, C90 said:

So I didn't read through all the 43 pages lol. I filed my EAD/AP/AOS (Philadelphia office) in September, NOA1 September 12. I guess no one that isn't expedited heard anything yet? I know people that got their EAD/AP 3 months after biometrics last year (October), so I'm hoping they're still on that pace. I had my biometrics October 11th btw

4 to 6 months currently with 5 being the norm.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

4 to 6 months currently with 5 being the norm.

Is that still from filing date or biometrics date? I keep an eye on the USCIS website, since a lot of people don't update their VJ timeline so the data here seems a little off. 

2 minutes ago, C90 said:

Is that still from filing date or biometrics date? I keep an eye on the USCIS website, since a lot of people don't update their VJ timeline so the data here seems a little off. 

Filing

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
3 hours ago, Percyus said:

First post on this forum, 

I am at 104 days, waiting on EAD and AP card. 

Hopefully it doesn't take much longer to receive the combo card. 

Me and my wife have a trip planned for the last week of June. I want to go ahead and purchase international airfare. 
I hope we can receive the actual green card by then. If not I hope the interview is not around that week. 
What are my chances the interview is around those days? 

I think you are safe to travel next June since you're most likely going to receive your EAD along with AP in the next few weeks.

About the greencard, I'm expecting my interview at the end of this year or beginning of 2020. It depends on which office you filed for AOS. If you live near a big city, then expect a delay. I'm a F2B Category, not marriage. I saw some K1 Visa receiving their interviews early.

Edited by juan2587

14 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Hello friends, does the government shut down delay this process for us? or is uscis still working?

No.

Yes.

We paid for our applications/biometrics etc. Our process is not funded by the government.

Timeline

After an RFE and the hassle of having to find a co-sponsor, we finally got our AOS interview scheduled as of January 10th.

Still waiting on the notice, though I'm expecting it to come in the mail this upcoming week. Keeping an eye on Informed Delivery.

Exciting stuff, I'd love for the interview to be still this month but I'm not sure how long the gap is going to be.

Edited by Buhr

J1 Waiver

• 1/9/2018 - Packet shipped 🚚
  • 1/15/2018 - Packet delivered 📨
  • 1/16/2018 - Check cashed 💸
  • 1/30/2018 - Documents received 📨
  • 1/31/2018 - Requested embassy to send No Objection Statement 📄
  • 2/2/2018 - Embassy sent No Objection Statement to DoS ✉️
  • 2/2/2018 - No Objection Statement received 📨
  • 3/26/2018 - Favorable Recommendation 🎉
  • 4/2/2018 - USCIS Received 📨
  • 4/18/2018 - Approved 🎉

K1 Visa

• 10/5/2017 - Application Received 📨
  • 10/10/2017 - NOA1 📄
  • 3/30/2018 - NOA2 🎉
  • 4/25/2018 - NVC received 📨
  • 4/26/2018 - Case number assigned, CEAC In Transit 🚚
  • 5/3/2018 - CEAC Ready
  • 6/18/2018 - Medical 💉
  • 6/19/2018 - Interview - Approved! 🎉
  • 6/20/2018 - CEAC Application Received 📨
  • 6/21/2018 - CEAC Administrative processing 💤
  • 6/21/2018 - CEAC Issued ✉️
  • 7/2/2018 - Visa in hands 🛂
  • 7/6/2018 - POE 🛬
  • 8/18/2018 - Married! 🎊

AOS

• 9/7/2018 - Packet shipped 🚚
  • 9/11/2018 - NOA1 📄
  • 9/12/2018 - Check cashed 💸
  • 9/14/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Notice 📄
  • 9/17/2018 - NOA1 Hard copy 📄
  • 9/21/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Hard copy 📄
  • [Somewhere in between] RFE
  • 10/5/2018 - Biometrics Appt/Fingerprint review was complete 🛂
  • 11/20/2018 - RFE response 📤
  • 12/26/2018 - Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
  • 1/10/2018 - Interview Was Scheduled 📅
  • 2/4/2019 - EAD+AP approved 🎉
  • 2/9/2019 - EAD+AP combo card in the mail ✉️
  • 2/21/2019 - Interview
  • 2/21/2019 - Interview was completed and case must be reviewed 
  • 3/12/2019 - New card is being produced
  • 3/18/2019 - Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service

Removal of Conditions

• 3/24/2021 - Filed
  • 4/21/2021 - NOA1
  • 6/28/2021 - Biometrics
  • 9/29/2022 - Request for additional evidence
  • 10/18/2022 - RFE response sent
  • 10/26/2022 - RFE response received
  • 11/22/2022 - New card is being produced
  • 11/23/2022 - Case was approved
  • 11/25/2022 - Card Was Mailed To Me (Updated 11/28/2022)
  • 11/28/2022 - Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service
  • 11/30/2022 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My wife is Turkish and when we filed the I-485 (originally on K-1 fiance visa, married now!) we submitted her National ID card but not an actual Birth Certificate as Turkey does not have official Birth Certificates. A few weeks later we received an RFE saying the document needed to be translated into English. I had this done and resubmitted right away however we were denied for failure to provide a birth certificate.  I now know that our application would never have been accepted with only the National ID and that we should have gone to the Turkish Embassy to get the form Birth Extract (nufus kayit ornegi) which serves as the Turkish equivalent.  We did this the day after receiving the denial letter and also got a stamped and signed note from the Embassy explaining this. We will now submit form I-290B under the "Motion to re-open" category (provide new evidence) with this new document and an explanation.

Questions:

Does anyone have experience with this and does this sound like it will now be approved?

When we submitted form I-485 we also submitted forms I-131 (travel permit) and form I-765 (employment permit)... Will these applications be automatically renewed/approved if the I-290B succeeds in getting the I-485 approved? Or would we need to resubmit them all over again? (with the fees that are waived if submitted concurrent with form I-485).

Thank you so much for any help

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
41 minutes ago, PCraig08 said:

Hello everyone,

My wife is Turkish and when we filed the I-485 (originally on K-1 fiance visa, married now!) we submitted her National ID card but not an actual Birth Certificate as Turkey does not have official Birth Certificates. A few weeks later we received an RFE saying the document needed to be translated into English. I had this done and resubmitted right away however we were denied for failure to provide a birth certificate.  I now know that our application would never have been accepted with only the National ID and that we should have gone to the Turkish Embassy to get the form Birth Extract (nufus kayit ornegi) which serves as the Turkish equivalent.  We did this the day after receiving the denial letter and also got a stamped and signed note from the Embassy explaining this. We will now submit form I-290B under the "Motion to re-open" category (provide new evidence) with this new document and an explanation.

Questions:

Does anyone have experience with this and does this sound like it will now be approved?

When we submitted form I-485 we also submitted forms I-131 (travel permit) and form I-765 (employment permit)... Will these applications be automatically renewed/approved if the I-290B succeeds in getting the I-485 approved? Or would we need to resubmit them all over again? (with the fees that are waived if submitted concurrent with form I-485).

Thank you so much for any help

Please do not spam post everywhere one post is enough with you question and you already asked about it. As this is a very specific issue, waiting for answers on your main post will give you better results.

Your main post already had answers to these questions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Wow, cool Naes. I posted it one other place after being told i put it in the wrong forum originally. This is not intuitive. Sorry Im not an expert on this forum like you. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
13 hours ago, Buhr said:

After an RFE and the hassle of having to find a co-sponsor, we finally got our AOS interview scheduled as of January 10th.

Still waiting on the notice, though I'm expecting it to come in the mail this upcoming week. Keeping an eye on Informed Delivery.

Exciting stuff, I'd love for the interview to be still this month but I'm not sure how long the gap is going to be.

Nice, congrats! What I hear from other people that just got their interview notices it's usually about 25-30 days after the notice. So prob not this month but big chance you get your interview next month!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, PCraig08 said:

Wow, cool Naes. I posted it one other place after being told i put it in the wrong forum originally. This is not intuitive. Sorry Im not an expert on this forum like you. 

It’s ok. When you post in a wrong place the mods will correct it. They already put that one in the right place.

just follow that advice because most people here are also doing it for the first time so advice there will most likely be better.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.