956 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 9/17/2018 at 5:34 PM, MaryDave1992 said:

Just got my text!!!

Haven't gotten a text or email yet, but they did deposit the check!!! Whew! I can stop checking my bank account.☺️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

Haven't gotten a text or email yet, but they did deposit the check!!! Whew! I can stop checking my bank account.☺️

Yay!!! 

Timeline
17 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I failed to mention a 30 year old misdemeanor arrest that was dropped and later expunged.  It was my fault and partially the fault of the company we used to help with the petition.  The governments instructions were very clear.  The company we used was not as clear as they should have been.  Since there are no public records and no possibility of me getting any information, I assumed it was no longer an impediment.  The expungement ordered all records, digital and hard, to be destroyed.  There was no record that I could produce so I failed to add it to the petition.  That was my mistake and we were denied because of the petitioner failing to disclose information in the petition.

Wow!  Thanks so much for sharing.  My fiance has a misdemeanor in the UK and they also told him it was completely off his record so we were wondering if he'd need to eventually get the records for that but your story makes me think that we definitely will... What a shame that you had to wait so long to find out that it was denied for something so seemingly small... I'm so glad things are working out for you though.  Thanks again for sharing your story and helping others.  And good luck!!! :)

2 minutes ago, MaryDave1992 said:

Wow!  Thanks so much for sharing.  My fiance has a misdemeanor in the UK and they also told him it was completely off his record so we were wondering if he'd need to eventually get the records for that but your story makes me think that we definitely will... What a shame that you had to wait so long to find out that it was denied for something so seemingly small... I'm so glad things are working out for you though.  Thanks again for sharing your story and helping others.  And good luck!!! :)

In the UK it shouldn't matter as long as his police report, which is required, shows a clean record.  My problem is that I am a USC and the Federal Crime database has EVERYTHING!  It is not publicly available but it is available to the 3 letter club (FBI, CIA, DHS, NSA...).  They keep everything!  Outside the US they just rely on the police certificates.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

In the UK it shouldn't matter as long as his police report, which is required, shows a clean record.  My problem is that I am a USC and the Federal Crime database has EVERYTHING!  It is not publicly available but it is available to the 3 letter club (FBI, CIA, DHS, NSA...).  They keep everything!  Outside the US they just rely on the police certificates.

Thank you!!! Ok, so he'll just get the police records and he should be fine then.  Thanks for the info!

7 minutes ago, MaryDave1992 said:

Thank you!!! Ok, so he'll just get the police records and he should be fine then.  Thanks for the info!

The petition only asks about the petitioner's arrests.  They use the police certificates for the beneficiaries.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, JosephineAndBobby said:

My fiance and I finally got the I-129f sent off yesterday, should arrive tomorrow! Hope to get the NOA1 here in September! :D

Best of luck!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
3 hours ago, Akipog said:

Hi everyone, 

I shipped off my 129f application 9/11/18 with Usps to Dallas, it arrived on the 13th, and I got a text message yesterday 9/19 with a receipt number and saying that my application was received and they would be sending the official notification in the mail. I only got a text and not an email although I put both details on the electronic notification application.  Wish us luck and same to all of you!!! 😁

Good Luck! :D

event.pngevent.png

Timeline
5 hours ago, Akipog said:

Hi everyone, 

I shipped off my 129f application 9/11/18 with Usps to Dallas, it arrived on the 13th, and I got a text message yesterday 9/19 with a receipt number and saying that my application was received and they would be sending the official notification in the mail. I only got a text and not an email although I put both details on the electronic notification application.  Wish us luck and same to all of you!!! 😁

Best of luck to you!

9/14/2018 - Sent 129F

9/17/2018 - Received by Dallas Service Center

9/21/2018 - Funds drawn from my bank 😎 but no NOA1 yet lol! 🤣 Hopefully I get a text/email on 9/24/2018 Monday? 🤔

Edited by Jonah <3 Verlie

September 14, 2018 - Filed the K-1

September 17, 2018 - NOA1 (Old Site)

September 20, 2018 - NOA1 (New Site)

event.png

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jonah <3 Verlie said:

9/14/2018 - Sent 129F

9/17/2018 - Received by Dallas Service Center

9/21/2018 - Funds drawn from my bank 😎 but no NOA1 yet lol! 🤣 Hopefully I get a text/email on 9/24/2018 Monday? 🤔

The text and email could still come today. Mine came late in the afternoon. Good luck! I'm hoping to read your positive update later!

2 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

The text and email could still come today. Mine came late in the afternoon. Good luck! I'm hoping to read your positive update later!

Thank you 😎 Hopefully I get it so I can sleep better tonight lol 🤣 the suspense is killing me lol 🤣 Goodluck to you too and to everyone here 🙏🙌

September 14, 2018 - Filed the K-1

September 17, 2018 - NOA1 (Old Site)

September 20, 2018 - NOA1 (New Site)

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.