956 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Joyoussinger said:

These are exciting times for all of us! We are going to spend this time planning our wedding and the wonderful things we're going to do together. We want to make this wait as fun as possible. Best of luck to you!

Same here 😎 we are planning for our wedding already 🤗 Thank you & Best of luck to you too 🙌

September 14, 2018 - Filed the K-1

September 17, 2018 - NOA1 (Old Site)

September 20, 2018 - NOA1 (New Site)

event.png

4 minutes ago, emeline29 said:

Check has been cashed, still no NOA1 though but surely it has to be close now :)

wait for the text/email today 😎 I got my text/email in the afternoon when they cashed my check 😎

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jonah <3 Verlie said:

wait for the text/email today 😎 I got my text/email in the afternoon when they cashed my check 😎

Fingers crossed! Otherwise tomorrow will hopefully be our day. But looks like the NOA1 date should be somewhere around the 27th of September :) 

18 hours ago, Jonah <3 Verlie said:

Same here 😎 we are planning for our wedding already 🤗 Thank you & Best of luck to you too 🙌

PLEASE do not plan too much too soon.  At least do not make any deposits.  There were so many people who lost money from the June 17 group because of delays and other issues.  It can take months to get the VOH AFTER an successful interview.

Do not make any real plans that cost money until after you have VOH.  This has burned so many people who had elaborate weddings planned and they couldn't proceed due to visa delays.  Do not buy plane tickets, do not put deposits down.  This is a long stressful process and don't expect everything to just fall into place.  Just a word of warning.  It is sad but people lose thousands because they assumed they would be together by a certain date.

We were planning a wedding between Christmas and New Years of 2017.  Luckily we never signed anything.  We got our NOA 2 in April of 2018.  There were people who filed after us who were already together and married by early December.  You just need to be patient and careful with your money.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

18 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

PLEASE do not plan too much too soon.  At least do not make any deposits.  There were so many people who lost money from the June 17 group because of delays and other issues.  It can take months to get the VOH AFTER an successful interview.

Do not make any real plans that cost money until after you have VOH.  This has burned so many people who had elaborate weddings planned and they couldn't proceed due to visa delays.  Do not buy plane tickets, do not put deposits down.  This is a long stressful process and don't expect everything to just fall into place.  Just a word of warning.  It is sad but people lose thousands because they assumed they would be together by a certain date.

We were planning a wedding between Christmas and New Years of 2017.  Luckily we never signed anything.  We got our NOA 2 in April of 2018.  There were people who filed after us who were already together and married by early December.  You just need to be patient and careful with your money.

Thanks John & Rose for the advise 😎 We have not made any deposits yet just the planning part 😎

event.png

54 minutes ago, Jonah <3 Verlie said:

Thanks John & Rose for the advise 😎 We have not made any deposits yet just the planning part 😎

Awesome.  I hope is all moves quickly and smoothly for you.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

50 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Awesome.  I hope is all moves quickly and smoothly for you.

I do hope so too John & Rose 🙏🙏🙏 I've been reading some stories here in VJ including yours that are very inspiring & helpful which definitely helps me and the other K1 filers 🙌😎 Thank you very much again John & Rose 😎🙌

event.png

8 minutes ago, Jonah <3 Verlie said:

I do hope so too John & Rose 🙏🙏🙏 I've been reading some stories here in VJ including yours that are very inspiring & helpful which definitely helps me and the other K1 filers 🙌😎 Thank you very much again John & Rose 😎🙌

All I can say (and I keep repeating) focus on the relationship.  This can be a very stressful endeavor and many good couples don't survive the rollercoaster.  Focus on love, not the process.  Look at it as if the process is purposely trying to test relationships.  Be strong and be patient. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, John & Rose said:

The timing of our plans is contingent on my fiance, Neil's arrival, but we are enjoying selecting the music, talking about what we'll wear, and writing our vows. A very close friend is licensed to perform marriages, and is ready and able to perform ours whenever we are ready!  We are going to have our wedding in a park, and will be able to do it any time! 

2 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

The timing of our plans is contingent on my fiance, Neil's arrival, but we are enjoying selecting the music, talking about what we'll wear, and writing our vows. A very close friend is licensed to perform marriages, and is ready and able to perform ours whenever we are ready!  We are going to have our wedding in a park, and will be able to do it any time! 

I am so glad to hear that.  I have seen so many couples get a very nasty surprise when their very expensive destination wedding couldn't take place.  Even the countless people who purchased airline tickets after the interview assuming that they get the visa right away.  You have a great plan.  Enjoy the wedding talk.  We loved ours before we got married.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I am so glad to hear that.  I have seen so many couples get a very nasty surprise when their very expensive destination wedding couldn't take place.  Even the countless people who purchased airline tickets after the interview assuming that they get the visa right away.  You have a great plan.  Enjoy the wedding talk.  We loved ours before we got married.  

It's actually a wonderful and exciting part of our journey and makes the anticipation feel quite sacred. We are also continuing to "date" by traveling together via Google Earth. We can "go" anywhere we like! What fun! 

Howdy all September filers I am seeing you all are doing well under the present circumstances. How does it feel that September is just about gone. You all have that first 30 days under your belts now. Continue to remain positive, I'm pulling for you all.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Howdy all September filers I am seeing you all are doing well under the present circumstances. How does it feel that September is just about gone. You all have that first 30 days under your belts now. Continue to remain positive, I'm pulling for you all.

Thank you so much!!! It's stressful and exciting all at once, and we're just so happy!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

I hope everyone is in good spirit! :D
And not to mess with the good spirit, but I just looked at the USCIS website for estimating processing times, and see that it has got up to 5.5 - 7.5 months from  5-7 months for the k-1 visa. What do you guys think about that? I hope that it won't mean anything for any of us, and I don't think it will,  but I furthermore really hope that it won't rise even more.

event.pngevent.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.