HaleyHernandez

Unsure Where to Begin/What to Do

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Belize
Timeline

My husband currently has a B1/B2. We are now living in the US again. Every time I call USCIS, they give me different forms I need to fill out. I will list those below. Anyway, he has had to travel back and forth to Belize, where he is from, to finish up business.

I-130
I-45
G-325A
I-693
I-864
I-765
I-131

I was also told to file I-129F (although we're married and he's not my fiancé.

I was told by a friend that once he is back we can go to a nearby Social Security Department and file for him a SSN. Is this possible without first obtaining some sort of work permit, or other document from the USCIS? We've been married 9 years, I'm a US born citizen and we have 2 US born children together. She said to bring birth certificates and our marriage certificate (married in Belize).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

With a tourist visa, he can‘t LIVE in the US legally!

You have to file the I-130 petition for your husband and it will take around 12-14 months for his visa to be issued if everything goes well!

During this time he can‘t STAY and live pr work in the US

also he has to go thru a medical appointment as well as an interview in his home country!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

His "going back and forth to Belize" will be delayed....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, mrmvkjts said:

With a tourist visa, he can‘t LIVE in the US legally!

You have to file the I-130 petition for your husband and it will take around 12-14 months for his visa to be issued if everything goes well!

During this time he can‘t STAY and live pr work in the US

also he has to go thru a medical appointment as well as an interview in his home country!

It sounds like he is already inside the US....he can file for AOS.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ben&Zian said:

OP said "Once he is back" meaning he isn't and is planning to return on a B2 with intent to AOS which is fraud..... enough said. :pop:

Ooops!  I missed that.......Thanks......

Timeline

OP-  As was said, if your husband is now outside the US, he can NOT enter the US via that B1/B2 with intent to stay and adjust status........

https://www.soundimmigration.com/can-i-enter-on-a-visitors-visa-b-2-and-then-adjust-status-to-permanent-resident/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No one here will give you any advice/support your apparent plan to commit visa fraud. It is against the TOS of VJ and fraudulent.

Follow the proper I-130 (IR-1) visa process.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Aaand the truth is, OP and her husband won't give a single .. well, they won't care it's a fraud. Hubby has a B2 visa already so nothing is stopping them. ;)

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Roel said:

Aaand the truth is, OP and her husband won't give a single .. well, they won't care it's a fraud. Hubby has a B2 visa already so nothing is stopping them. ;)

Maybe the OP will read this from soundimmigration.com

"

Even if the person gets into the U.S. they still cannot adjust status to permanent resident.

Let’s say our Chinese wife gets into the United States on her B-2 visitor’s visa. Remember that all along she was planning to apply for residency, so after entry her husband files and I-130 Petition for Alien Relative and she files an I-485 Application to Adjust Status to Permanent Resident. She’s already in the country, and their marriage is legitimate, so is she home free? No.

An I-485 application for permanent residency is considered an application for admission to the U.S. This is a counter-intuitive concept that many struggle with. Even though the applicant is already in the country, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) treats the person as though they are outside the U.S. and seeking entry. Why does that matter? Because the person is screened for all grounds of inadmissibility.

What are the grounds of inadmissibility? The immigration statute has a long list of rules about whether a person is admissible to the U.S. A person is considered inadmissible if she has certain diseases, has committed certain crimes, is a security threat, etc. But a person is also inadmissible if she has committed immigration fraud. Under INA 212(a)(6)(C)(i):

Any alien who, by fraud or willfully misrepresenting a material fact, seeks to procure (or has sought to procure or has procured) a visa, other documentation, or admission into the United States or other benefit provided under this Act is inadmissible.

This says that if you used “fraud” or “willfully misrepresented a material fact” to secure entry into the U.S., then you are considered inadmissible.

So let’s go back to the port of entry. Remember that CBP official’s job was to ensure that the purpose of the person’s trip was consistent with their visa category, and that the person was not intending to reside in the United States. And to make it past the port of entry, the foreign national had to convince the CBP official that she planned to return home. Now that our Chinese wife is applying for adjustment of status, the USCIS officer gets to look back and ask, “was that person honest when she entered the U.S. on a B-2, or did she secretly plan to seek residency?” Remember that the USCIS adjudicator is asking this question while a residency application is sitting in front of her.

The question of fraud/misrepresentation is a factual one. That means the USCIS adjudicator can look at all of the facts and evidence available to her in determining whether the individual made a misrepresentation. She can base her finding on nothing more than her interview with the foreign national, and her impressions from that interview.

If USCIS denies the adjustment application the foreign national has to depart the U.S. or can otherwise be deported. But the problems do not end there.

Fraud/misrepresentation creates a permanent bar.

18 minutes ago, Roel said:

Right and the only way OP's husband would even be able to get past CBP when he attempts to arrive on his B1/B2 would be to lie to them. They will ask about his plans in the US and he will have to disclose he's married to an American citizen. CBP's going to want to know about her, her plans, their life together and all that. If OP's husband lies and pretends his "visit" is temporary, that's hecking bad and never mind staying to adjust; he just lied to CBP. If it comes back to bite them somehow, it'll be on his immigration record forever. If he tells the truth about wanting to stay and adjust, he'll be put on the first plane back to Belize and that will also be on his immigration record forever. Both scenarios will completely taint any future attempts at legal immigration into the US.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Your spouse will have to file for i-130 in his country. If it was so easy to enter in the US and adjust status like you intend to then  everybody would be doing it. There are rules to follow. He will file for a i-130 and wait 12+ months in his country. It sureeee sucks! But that’s the way to do it if you wanna do things right 

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

5 hours ago, HaleyHernandez said:

My husband currently has a B1/B2. We are now living in the US again. Every time I call USCIS, they give me different forms

1. Husband on a tourist visa but living in USA - This is considered visa fraud.

2. You took the risk of calling USCIS to find out what you need to do - USCIS will more than likely add your husband to their I.C.E. list and he could get deported once her arrives on US soil.

3. In the 9yrs that you both got married, did you both not consider filing for him to get a spouse visa?

4. Tourist visas have a max of 10yrs. Once your husband goes to renew, he could get turned down. What would you and your kids do then?

I'm not listing the above to sound judgmental but your situation seems like it already went downhill......

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

2 minutes ago, Amadia said:

1. Husband on a tourist visa but living in USA - This is considered visa fraud.

2. You took the risk of calling USCIS to find out what you need to do - USCIS will more than likely add your husband to their I.C.E. list and he could get deported once her arrives on US soil.

3. In the 9yrs that you both got married, did you both not consider filing for him to get a spouse visa?

4. Tourist visas have a max of 10yrs. Once your husband goes to renew, he could get turned down. What would you and your kids do then?

I'm not listing the above to sound judgmental but your situation seems like it already went downhill......

Just curious, is there any proof to your #2? Yes, they took a risk, but I would like to see evidence of this statement before people start getting the ####### scared out of them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.